Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - First day, Part 3

Frankie and the gang decided to go on a road trip, but something went wrong. Read and find out what happened!

Chapter 3 - First day, Part 3

Chapter 3 - First day, Part 3
Part 3



The bus slowly clambered up to the crooked mountain road. Frankie looked in the rear view mirror. She saw happy faces. Bloo and Coco were playing cards, Wilt was having a discussion with Ed, about some undefined topic and Mac was busy with Goo. Maybe this day won’t be so bad! She thought.
- Frankie do we know exactly were we are going? - asked Bloo.
- Oh you’re done with the cards?
- Yeah, Coco wins all the time! Man, how can she do that?
- Well there are some mysteries in the universe that we’ll never know. One of them is Coco.
- You’re right. So, Frankie my dear, were are we going now?
- You’ll se. It’s a very nice place in the woods, but there’s a gorgeous view to the city from there. Oh, and there’s a little green field, where we can settle down to eat and play.
- Sounds great, although I can’t see the funny part of it yet. - declared Bloo.
- Why did you want to come then? - asked back Frankie.
- Because, I thought it would be fun... - he didn’t finish his sentence.
Frankie smiled.
- Okay, you got me.
He wanted to say something else, but suddenly changed his mind and closed his mouth.
She recognized Bloo’s movement.
- What?
- Nothing.... I just wanted to ask...
- How do I know this place? - finished his sentence Frankie, like if she could see into Bloo’s mind.
- Yup.
- Well, I used to spend some time here with my first boyfriend. He showed me this place.
- I see. And when will we get there?
- It’s about an hour, Bloo. I have to drive carefully in these mountain roads; this old lady doesn’t have as good handling as a sport car. - replied Frankie.
- An hour? What should I do to avoid the death because of serious boringness?
- Figure it out! And sit down! - She commanded.
The nice conversation between them ended, Bloo couldn’t deny himself. He set down and mumbled a few things, only he understood them.
- Co cococo cococo? - challenged him Coco.
- You want an other game? Prepare to meet your doom! - Bloo accepted.
The hour passed rapidly. Coco won 56 times in Black Jack. Bloo only won 14 games. He didn’t even recognize that they have arrived to their destination. Frankie was correct. The place was beautiful. Vivid green grass covered the ground and huge oak trees surrounded the field. The weather was fascinating. Frankie stopped the bus under a large tree. Everyone got out. Wilt carried the picnic basket. They have set down to the red blanket they had brought.
- Wow, Frankie! It’s amazing out here! - declared Mac.
- Cocococo cococo! - Coco confirmed.
- Yeah! I haven’t been here for ages! Now how about to eat something, then everyone can do whatever they want. - said Frankie.
She gave a sandwich to everyone.
- You forgot the cheese? You know how much I loved it! - complained Bloo.
- If you’re hungry you’ll eat it. - replied Frankie.
- Mmm, this food is muy delicious! - said Ed, who already vanished a sandwich.
- Well, thanks to Wilt, he made most of them.
- Oh, there’s no need Frankie. I’m glad you all like it. - said Wilt.
- Yeah, its fine, but I can’t believe you forgot the cheese though! - mumbled Bloo with his mouth full.
While they were eating, they’ve experienced something that they had never before. Mac recognized it first. Everyone looked at Goo. She was silent.
- What? What did I do? - She asked, she didn’t know what’s the reason of everyone’s starring at her.
- I’m sorry, but I’ve never seen you in silence. It’s just strange. - answered Wilt.
- Well, you should see me when I’m having lunch at home, I don’t say a word for almost half an hour, can you believe that? My mom cooks great food, I just don’t have to say anything! I mean, if I’d like to I could, but there’s no need, I just eat and then start over...
Bloo smiled at Mac.
- Why are you smiling like that? - questioned Mac.
- Oh, nothing, pal!
- No, really!
- I was just wondering if...
- What?
- Okay, have you been to Goo’s place so far? - Bloo was still smiling.
- Why does that related to here?
- Don’t know just came into my mind. - said Bloo.
- To let ya know, I have not. And don’t assume some crazy ideas like we’re having a relationship or something! - declared the boy.
- Whatever you say, Mac! I didn’t even had the idea of that. You said it... I just wanted to know how big her house is, because I’m planning to throw a surprise party for her... - Bloo explained.
- Why don’t you ask Goo?
- Are you crazy? It wouldn’t be a surprise party then! Mac, my old boy! Do you know what surprise means?
During their conversation Goo was still talking, her voice gave a perfect background to the other conversations. In fact, only Coco paid attention to her, everyone else was having other discussions. But all of then were having a great time, outside in the nature. It was about 10 AM when they finished eating, and since everybody got up so early, some of them lied down under the shadows of the trees. Especially Frankie was tired; she woke up at 5 AM, to finish all her duties. She was sleeping under a large tree, enjoying the fresh air and the cozy, warm weather. Bloo yawned, then followed her example and lied down next to Frankie. He clasped his hands behind his nap and watched the others playing.
- Okay, would you like to play basketball? The ground is quite flat here...- offered Wilt, spinning the ball on his finger.
- How we going to do that? - Eduardo asked.
- Oh, sorry, I’ve brought some equipments. I’ll get them out in no time! - Wilt excused.
He ran to the bus and took out two little basketball backboard. He put them to the correct places and turned to the others.
- So, who’s with who? - asked he.
- I’ll be with Goo, and you’ll be with Ed. Is that okay? - said Mac.
- Cocococo coco cocooco co!
- Fine. Coco will be the umpire! - declared the boy.
- But Mac, we have no match against Wilt! - said Goo.
- Oh, come on! It’s just for fun. Hey Wilt, don’t destroy us, okay?
- Right! - agreed Wilt and gave the ball to Coco.
Coco laid a yellow egg, and picked out a whistle from it, and then she grabbed the ball.
- Cococo cococo! Coco?
- Si, we’re ready Coco! - Ed said.
- Coco! - She threw the ball into the air, of course Wilt managed to get it. He attacked and simply made a two score shot. Coco whistled and raised her leg.
- Cococo coco!
- See? Told ya! - Goo said.

***

Bloo slowly fell asleep as he was watching the game. After an hour, the others got tired too, so they decided to eat more sandwiches. Then they enjoyed the cool climate of the shadows. The sun was shining upon the sky, the weather heated up. While Frankie and Bloo were sleeping, the others were having a light chitchat.
- Isn’t this great? I mean it was an awesome idea to come here, don’t ya think? - Wilt said.
- Co co! Cocococo! - Coco agreed.
- Si! This place es muy beautiful! - Ed declared.
- Yes. I really enjoy being in the nature. - Mac said.
- Yeah, you’re right, Mac! This place is cool, no, not cool, more than cool. It reminds me of a place where I used to have vacations with my family, but I don’t know where is it located, maybe in Wisconsin, we’ve been there several times, I was only four years old but I still remember... - Goo jabbered.
Their conversation was disturbed by Frankie’s snores. They all looked at her and laughed.
- We must save Senorita Frankie! An evil alien monstruo is inside of her, preparing to control her mind! - Ed screamed in horror.
- I’m sorry, but don’t be silly Ed! She’s just snoring. I can understand her; she’s being so nice all the time, besides all of those duties. Sometimes I don’t get it in my head: why does Mr. Herriman have to overload her so much... - shared his thoughts Wilt.
Mac replied: - That’s a good question. I don’t know!
- Cococo coco co cococococo cococococo coco!
- Err... I’ve never thought this one... - said Mac with a distorted face.
Everyone became mute, maybe they were thinking about Coco’s idea. Until some unexplainable activities of Frankie got their attention. Perhaps she was dreaming, because she tossed and turned. Suddenly she grabbed Bloo like a dolly and hugged him. The blob immediately awakened.
- Wha... Oh, my God, what the heck is going on??? - shouted he in fear.
Bloo was like a prey of a snake; Frankie’s arms captured and held him tightly. The others couldn’t do anything, just watched Bloo’s struggle to get out.
- Frankie, Frankie let me go... Come on guys, don’t just sit there! Do something... ouch... help me! - Bloo begged.
His friends couldn’t stand this funny act no longer. The laughter broke out of them.
- Hahahaha, I’m sorry... hahaha hahah, sorry, Blohoho... I’ll hehehelp haha...you... haha, just... haha...a sec... hahahahah! - Wilt laughed.
- Hahahahaha! No more... hahaha! I cahahahan’t take it... anymore hahaha! - Mac “admitted.”
The rest of them, couldn’t even manage to speak, they were wallowing and twitching on the ground because of their heavy laughter.
- Hehe, very funny! If I get out of here... ouch... I will just... ouch... Frankie you’re really crossing the line! - Bloo struggled
- Hahahahah! Just a moment, hahaha! - assured him Wilt.
- Ouch! Now you’ve gone too far Missy! - Bloo shouted.
One of Frankie’s hands poked his head.
- You wanna fight? Bring it on! Oh no you don’t - grabbed Bloo the rebellion hand.
Frankie was sleeping so deep like if somebody would have knocked her out. Eventually she woke up. She saw everyone laughing. First, she didn’t know what’s going on, then she recognized Bloo.
- What happened? - She asked.
- I tell you what happened! You’ve tried to kill me! - Bloo raised her hand.
- With your bare hands!
-Oh, my gosh, I’m sorry Bloo, I was just sleeping, oh, it was great, then I had a dream or something... I didn’t know what I was doing... - she blushed.
-Well, a nightmare is not an excuse for that! I was fighting for my life! Do you know my soul have sustained heavy mental and physical shock? - He shouted.
- I’m sorry, okay? What else do you want me to do?
- Hmm. Stand on your hands and say this Hungarian jaw-breaker: mit sütsz kis szűcs, tán sós húst sütsz, kis szűcs? Baszk szeparatisták Zaporozsec slusszkulcssal!
- What? Where do you learn such things?! Don’t be nuts, Bloo!
- Okay, you don’t have to stand on your hands, just say it! Then I’ll forget what happened! - declared Bloo.
- All right! - Frankie repeated the jaw-breaker, but Bloo’s was much better, however Bloo accepted this as an apology.
- Wow, Senorita Frankie! Es was muy funny! - toweled his eyes Eduardo.
- Yeah, I’m sorry, but this was the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen! - confirmed Wilt.
Mac imitated Bloo: - Oh, no, what’s going on, guys, help me! You want to fight? Take that, you bloodthirsty hand! - He grabbed Goo’s hand and started to shake it. Goo imitated Frankie’s snoring and said: - This is your fate, Bloo! Don’t resist my power! Join me and we shall rule the galaxy as hand and son! Or be destroyed! Hahahaha!
Everyone laughed again, even Frankie and Bloo.
Their day passed by pretty fast. They were playing, eating, talking laughing; they did not even recognize that it’s almost 1 PM, the afternoon slowly changed into evening.

***

Frankie looked up to the sky.
- Oh, I almost forgot! You must see the sunset from here! It’s awesome! Come!- said Frankie and headed into the forest.
- We have to go into the forest? But it’s scary and there are evil zombies in every bush! - Ed screamed.
- Don’t worry, Ed! There are no such things as zombies. And we’ll be with you, if you got scared, okay? - soothed him Wilt.
They followed Frankie who led them to a hill, where there was breathtaking scenery to the city and the sunset. They all said “wow” an set down, watching the nature’s light show.
After the sun disappeared below the horizon, they could see the city lights as tiny glowing bugs.
Frankie looked around.
- Guys, we should go back and pack in the bus, ere night.
They all stood up, looked at the beautiful scenery once more and went back to the field.
Wilt, Coco and Mac companied Ed, who got really frightened by the forest.
Suddenly, Goo asked: - Do you smell it?
- Coco?
- I can always smell it in the air. It’s going to rain soon! - She explained.
- Why do you think that? - Mac asked.
- I don’t know, I just feel it, and smell it, it’s going to rain soon, I’m telling ya!
- We better speed up ourselves then! - replied Frankie.
Goo was right, a few minutes later, dark clouds covered the sky, and they heard the first thunder. Almost everything was in the bus, when it started to rain. It turned into a heavy shower in a couple of seconds.
- Come on! Quick! - shouted Frankie.
With the rest of their stuff, they ran inside the bus. They were all wet.
- Darn! It’s so cold! - said Bloo.
- Tell me about it! - agreed Mac.
Frankie closed the door and started the engine. She was freezing like the others. She let her hair down and said: - Don’t worry, when we got home, we’ll have a hot shower! I’ll turn the heater on, until then.
She turned on the wiper and the lights then turned the bus around.
- It’s gonna take more time to get home in this weather. - She declared.
The road was greasy and muddy. The rear-drive system was disadvantageous for this environment, the back of the bus were skidding all the time and Frankie had to use all her driving skills to keep the vehicle on the road.
- Don’t worry; we’ll be on the blacktop in no time! - said she nervously.
She was right. She took a left turn and the bus suddenly stopped the drifting, however, this road was greasy as well. The bus was quite stable on the road and there was no trouble until a headlight appeared on the horizon.
- Look at that dumb being! That driver’s risking his life! - said Bloo.
The sport car buzzed off to the opposite direction. With that speed it could not make that turn, the car almost ran off the road. In the last moment, its driver stepped on the brake, and with jarring tires, the car crashed into the rocky wall. Frankie saw the rising flames in the rear view mirror. That tiny outage of her attention was enough to not recognize what’s coming. It was a hairpin left turn. Everyone shouted: - Frankie! The road!
She reacted too late. She stepped on the brake and strain at the steering wheel, spinning it to the left. Nevertheless, the bus’s handling was not agile enough to avoid the accident. Its huge body ran off the arch, broke through the border and fell down into the foggy darkness. The sound of the engine was followed by an enormous crunch, which echoed all over the place for a while, than died away. Only the quietness and the sound of the falling raindrops remained above the desolate road.



End of the first day.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ginathehedgehog on March 31, 2007, 5:33:20 AM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogThe field sounds so nice! Great job!

Falconlobo on December 3, 2006, 1:53:42 PM

Falconlobo on
Falconloboin one word wow

which describes this chapter

hidden hits on Frankie and Herriman


langauge that i have no ideas of what was said

funny dialoge characters in character and a car bursting into flames

Comedy Action Drama Nightmares of who knows what

stragulation LOL BLOO The Blobbie got Wrestled

By Frankie The Furious


did i say one word i meant many^^