Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Third day, Part 3

Frankie and the gang decided to go on a road trip, but something went wrong. Read and find out what happened!

Chapter 8 - Third day, Part 3

Chapter 8 - Third day, Part 3
Third Day



Part 3



- Mac! I’m hungry!
The boy didn’t reply.
- Hear me what I say? Hungry! – Bloo wined.
But Mac did not hear it at all. His mind was far away from here. He gazed out through the broken window. It was late afternoon; the heat retreated for a little. Suddenly he recognized something among the leaves. He blinked to see more clearly.
- No it can’t be... but still... – mumbled the boy to himself. Then he turned to Bloo.
- ... I can’t believe you just sit here and do nothing, while I’m hungry! We’re supposed to be best friends and best friends don’t let each other starve to death you know... – Bloo was complaining for five minutes, but Mac ignored his words.
- Yeah, what ever! Look out! What do you see? – asked Mac.
- A tree, duh! But I’m still hungryyyyyyyy! – yelled the blob.
- No, no, there! – said Mac, pointing to a black spot in the green leaves.
- That’s nonsense! I’m hungry and you make me look at a stupid... thing... – Bloo stopped arguing.
His eyes grew larger.
- Is that?
- Yes, I think it is... – replied Mac.
- Hey, everyone! Look, look! A cell phone! – Bloo shouted.
Frankie almost fell asleep, when she was roused by the blob’s voice. She quickly stood up.
- Where, where?
Mac showed them.
- Wilt, you have the longest arm! Can you reach it? – asked Frankie.
- We have to break another window! – noticed Goo.
- No ,that’s not a bueno idea! Last time, we almost died! – Eduardo said.
- Bla bla bla! This piece of junk should do it! – replied Bloo holding the first aid kit.
- No, not that! – scared Frankie and pulled it out of his hands.
- Coco! – exclaimed Coco and laid a red egg, with a hammer within.
- Okay, everyone behind me! – said Frankie.
- Here it goes! – She threw the hammer. The glass broke into pieces.
- Good job Senorita Frankie! You’re muy strong! – Ed exclaimed.
- Oh that’s strange! When I break something, I’m the public enemy, when she breaks something she’s a hero? – yelled Bloo.
- She had to do it. Perhaps our lives depend on that phone. – said Mac.
- Yeah, so?
- You break things because you enjoy destroying them.
- I still don’t see your point. – Bloo declared.

Wilt tried his best to reach the cell phone, but his attempts have failed.
- I’m so sorry! Maybe I didn’t try hard enough. – excused the imaginary friend.
- It’s not your fault, Wilt. But we have to find another way to get it! – said Frankie.
- Co cocococo cococo cococococococo!
- You’re loco? – screamed Ed.
- No, she’s right. Someone must climb out to get it... That’s our only hope! – agreed Frankie. – I’ll go.
- You can’t go, okay, I know you’re an adult I can’t tell you what to do, but I mean you literally can’t, you’re too big to get out on the window, I must go, I’ve climbed lots of trees in Wisconsin... – jabbered Goo.
- Not an option! You don’t know this tree, if you step onto a weak bough... – Frankie began.
- Coco! – exclaimed the bird and laid a blue egg. There was a band of rope inside.
- It’s still too dangerous! There must be another way out! – speculated Frankie. – Of course! The emergency back door!
She went to the back of the bus and opened the door. She backed down immediately. Suddenly, the bumper came away and fell down to the abyss. The last bough that held the vehicle was under the rear wheels. She closed the door.
- So much for that idea... – she sighed and looked into Goo’s eyes.
- You feel you can do it for sure? – asked Frankie.
- I’ll try! – declared Goo. The others encouraged her. They tied the rope around her haunch and the other end was tied to a seat.
- Are you ready?
- Yes I am! – replied Goo and stepped out of the broken window. She looked down and saw the deepness below. She carefully put her foot on the nearest bough. It held her weight. She slowly made a step ahead. Everyone in the bus watched her with bated breath, they were mesmerized by her movements.
Then they heard a crack. Goo jumped off the limb just in time, a moment later it was on its way to the bottom of the gulch. Her arms encompassed the pinny bough. She carried on, getting closer and closer to the cell phone. She raised her hand... and grabbed it.
- I got it! I got it! – yelled she victoriously.
- Way to go Goo! – said Mac.
- I’m sorry, but that’s really great! – said Wilt.
- Muy awesome! – exclaimed Ed.
- Good job! Now come back here and be careful! – Frankie said.
- Yeah you’re cool, but hurry it up will ya? I’m hungry! – shouted Bloo.
A few anxious minutes later, Goo safely returned to the bus, with the cell phone in her possession.
- We’re saved! – enthused Eduardo.
- Let’s order a pepperoni-cheese pizza! – giggled Bloo.
- Coco co!
- Yeah, I wonder too, how it could fall out from here! – agreed Wilt.
Goo gave the dell phone to Frankie. A moment later, she roared and put it away in her pocket.
- What’s the matter? – asked Mac.
- There’s no reception... – replied Frankie.
- Can I see that? – When Mac got the phone, he went to the broken window and held it out. Nothing changed.
- Maybe we should try from the top of the bus, it’s higher... – he suggested.
- We can use the roof blow-hole! – realized Frankie. She stood up to the driver’s seat and raised her hand as high as she could.
- Nothing! – yelled she.
- Keep trying! – encouraged her Mac.
After a few minutes, Frankie wanted to give it up. Suddenly the phone received a weak signal.
- Oh, my gosh! Thank you, thank you, thank you! – whispered she.
She dialed the only number that came to her mind.
- Please work, please work, please work! – prayed Frankie.

***

The old-fashioned phone rang. Mr. Herriman picked it up.
- Hallo, Foster’s home for imaginary friends, Mr. Herriman speaking, how may I help you? – said he monotonously.
- Yes, Mr. Herriman, finally!
- Miss Frances? – surprised the bunny.
- Yes it’s me! Now, listen...
- You are not in that situation to give orders to me! Where are you? – asked Herriman.
- We’re trapped on a...
- Miss Frances! I can hear you quite badly! Repeat it please!
- We’re... on a... tree... mo... road... Nobo... recognize us... help, hel... Tell... Ma... Foster... police! Help, He...
Mr. Herriman heard rasping in the phone.
- Miss Frances, are you there? Miss Frances! The Madame has just left the house! Do you hear me?! Frankie!!!

***

- Tell Madame Foster and call the police! Help, help! – shouted Frankie into the phone.
- Mr. Herriman?! Do you hear me? Mr. Herriman!
The phone beeped four times and the battery went dead.
- No, not yet, damn you! – cursed she and threw the cell-phone on the floor. Then she collapsed. She buried her face into her palms and cried. The others watched silently, then led her to a seat.
- Are you okay? – asked Mac after a few minutes.
Frankie touched his cheek.
- It’s so nice of you to care about me... Yes, I’m better now... It’s just... – she turned her head and peered the sunset.
- What?
- I’m ashamed to admit, but I feel... we’re not going to make it...
Suddenly, Bloo showed up.
- You bet we won’t, without the pizza!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ginathehedgehog on January 6, 2008, 8:49:36 AM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogOmg, Bloo's so funny but stupid! XD
"You bet we won’t, without the pizza!" Lol, awesome chapter! I hope they make it out ^^

Falconlobo on January 5, 2008, 8:55:47 PM

Falconlobo on
FalconloboLOl Bloo You fool^^

Herriman is gonna now be extra worried^^

Gee on January 5, 2008, 9:29:25 PM

Gee on
GeeYup.;D His love's in trouble.;D;D

Falconlobo on January 5, 2008, 9:35:26 PM

Falconlobo on
Falconloboyup^^