Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - I Try so Hard

Hiei has paid off his debt and now, is left with nothing but painful memories before he stumbles upon an adventure that will change him forever. (Hiei/Kag)
By MasterBakatare-san

Chapter 1 - I Try so Hard

Chapter 1 - I Try so Hard
MasterBakatare
Sometime in June 2007

MasterBakatare: Heey! How ya doin! Nother story here! He he he& Be wary!

Disclaimer-eth: I do not own-eth any of the Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha Characters-eth.

Gimon

Chapter 1: I Try So Hard

Himself. That was the only one he could trust, could count on. After what had happened, whom else could he trust? They had all left, their debt paid. Even so, the fox visited him occasionally. Hiei never enjoyed the visits. They had become strangers. Even so, Kurama would be the first person he would consult in an emergency. Yusuke and Kuabara didnt call him anymore; both still stuck working for Koenma, and as long as he didnt pull anything else, Koenma wouldnt bother him. He had told Yukina that he was her brother, and that went well. She accepted him, and welcomed him with open arms. Unfortunately, she was so overloaded between helping Genkai and that bakatare, Kuabara, attempting to gain her love, that he rarely ever saw her. He had made a permanent residence in Ningenkai (as unlikely as it seemed) at an abandoned shrine that ningen passed as haunted. He knew better though. No spirits here. The only suspicious landmark on the grounds was the old boarded up well house. Hed tried to get in once, but a group of rowdy otoko had come to brave the haunted house, and he had to scare them away.
It was the third anniversary of his debt finally being paid off. Hiei hated this day. It only brought back painful memories that he would have preferred to leave forgotten.

Time to distract himself& Back to the old well house!

The door was so fragile, it was as if it would break with the lightest of touches. Ignorant, as he was, Hiei jammed the door open. He gasped. Pulsating energy came from the well that made him stumble with every wave. The air whipped around him as he fell into the well.
He closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable crash, but not feeling it, he opened his eyes. What he saw amazed him. He was in some sort of vortex, maybe a black hole. Hah, thats stupid. Hiei knew exactly what it was! It was a 
Oomph! Hiei grunted as he landed very ungracefully upon his& Rear end& Where the hell am I? He groaned. Id better still be in the freaking well house or Koenma will kill me, bring my soul back, and lock it in a Reikai prison cell.
Hiei stood up and jumped out, only to be hit by his  favorite  scent, fresh air. And that didnt mean that polluted kind, like in Ningenkai, but the really fresh sort. The kind that he hadnt smelt for four hundred years!
Excuse me. Youkai-sama, but are you okay? A young womans voice broke through his train of thought.
What would it matter to you, abazureonna? he replied coolly.
Why, everything, Youkai-sama! The woman replied, voice dripping with sarcasm. This reply that shocked him; not just anybody would speak to a demon that way.
He growled, Who the hell are you, woman, and just where am I?
Youre in the Feudal Era& The well that you saw you come through is a time machine of sorts. I, Kagome Higurashi& She gestured to herself, Am this towns priestess& Whoops! Said too much! I guess Inuyasha will just have to come out and play!
He heard a nasty string of curses before seeing a young hanyou jump out of the tree behind the onna.
What the hell do you want, wench? The young male replied.
How many times have I told you not to call me that? Well, maybe we should just have a s he watched as the hanyou desperately clapped his hand over her mouth.
Dont you dare. He growled at her.
What? she whined playfully, I was gonna say, have a sat!
Hiei raised an eyebrow in amusement as he realized that they had forgotten that he was there. So, what was he to do? Why, what he did best& MENTAL INVASION TIME!
He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. He opened his eyes once more and unwrapped the cloth which blocked his, rather under used, Jagan eye. Hiei grinned slightly, preparing to enter the demon and the mikos mind when he heard, OOH!!! Is that a Jagan eye! Ive always wanted o see one! I would ask if you could read my mind, but I know that you cant! I have a mental barrier up. Hey& That reminds me& Do you have a knife or even a pair of scissors (assuming you come from my time, like I suspect, and know what those are) that I could borrow?
Hiei was rendered speechless at this. This girl wanted to know all about the Jagan?!? What puzzled him most is that she said that he wouldnt be able to access her mind because of a mental barrier. How did she know how to do this when even Reikai is trying to figure out how& As for her last question& He did have his sword& He reached for the hilt of the sword, and he saw as the boy tensed and the girls body went rigid. He unsheathed his sword and flipped it over, holding the tip of the blade toward him. He didnt know why he was doing this, but this girl was just& So& Convincing&? Hiei knew that they could kill him at any moment, but for some reason, he couldnt help it. He saw her (and the boy) hesitate before she took the blade in her hands, inspecting it and bringing to her hair, pausing only when the hanyou growled.
Screw you. Was all she said, before she sliced her hair in chunks until it was shorter than his. He was appalled. What kind of an onna was she? Willingly cutting her hair with a sword& A demons sword! He watched the long chunks of hair flutter to the forest floor. The woman stopped and he looked up to see the results.
What Hiei saw was amazing. The onnas hair was perfect, framing her face. Her bangs hung low near her ears, but over all, she was beautiful.
Ahh& The girl sighed, startling him, Much better! I have been needing a hair cut, and I do like my hair short! She handed Hiei back his blade, offering it to him as he had done for her. Now, She said with a sparkle in her eye, lets show this fine youkai to the village& We shouldnt be rude!

Goi (Vocabulary)
-Abazureonna- dog

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment