Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - chapter 2

Yugi dreams on finding a golden ticket to meet Atem (Yami) but their are only 5 lucky people that can find the golden ticket's, will Yugi find one.

Chapter 2 - chapter 2

Chapter 2 - chapter 2
(Yugi has been watching through the window. He walks away, towards Duke Devlin newsstand.)

Yugi: Hi, Duke.

Duke: Ah, come along, Yugi you're late.

Yugi: It's payday, Duke.

Duke: You're right. (He pays Yugi.) There you are.

Yugi: Thanks.

Duke: Say hello to your Grandpa Solomon.

Yugi: Okay.

(Yugi delivers the papers.)

Atem’s factory gates

(Yugi stands outside the gates looking at the factory.)

Hawkins: Up the airy mountain Down the rushing glen We dare not go a-hunting For fear of little men. You see Nobody ever goes in, . . . and nobody ever comes out!

Moto’s house

Grandma Mary: Yugi’s late.

Grandpa Solomon: He works too hard for a little boy. He should have some time to play.

Mrs Moto: Not enough hours in the day. With the four of you bedridden for the past twenty years, it takes a lot of work to keep this family going.

Grandma Mary: If only his father were alive.

Grandpa Solomon: Soon as I get my strength back, I'm gonna get out of this bed and help him.

Mrs Moto: Dad, in all the years you've been saying you're going to get out of that bed, I've yet to see you set foot on the floor.

Grandpa Solomon: Well . . . maybe if the floor wasn't so cold.

(Yugi enters.)

Yugi: Hi, everybody!

Grandpa Solomon: Wake up!

Grandma Mary: Wake up!

Grandpa Solomon: Wake up, Yugi’s home!

Yugi: Grandpa Malcolm. (He kisses him.) Grandma

Christine. (Kisses her.) Grandma Mary. (Kisses her.)

Grandpa Solomon. (Kisses him. Looks at Solomon’s bowl of cabbage

water.) Is this your supper, Grandpa?

Grandpa Solomon: Well, it's yours too, Yugi.

Yugi: I'm fed up with cabbage water. It's not enough!

Grandma Mary: Yugi! It's all we have.

Grandpa Solomon: What are you saying?

Yugi: How about this? (Produces a loaf of bread.)

Mrs Moto: Yugi, where'd you get that?

Grandpa Solomon: What difference does it make where he got it? Point is he got it.

Yugi: It's my first payday.

Mrs Moto: Good for you, Yugi. We'll have a real banquet.

Yugi: Mom . . .? Here's what's left. You keep it. Except for this. From now on, I'm going to pay for your tobacco.

Grandpa Solomon: No one's going to pay for it, Yugi. I'm giving it up.

Mrs Moto: Come on, Dad, it's only one pipe a day.

Grandpa Solomon: When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco.

Yugi: Go on, Grandpa. Please take it.

BUCKET'S HOUSE - LATER THAT NIGHT

Yugi: After I finished my paper route, I was in front of Atem’s. There was this strange man there. I think he was a tinker. He was standing right behind me, looking up at the factory. Just before he left he said, "Nobody ever goes in, and nobody ever comes out."

Grandpa Solomon: And right he was, Yugi. Not since the tragic day that Atem locked it.

Yugi: Why'd he lock it?

Grandpa Solomon: Because all the other chocolate makers in the world were sending in spies dressed as workers! to steal Mr. Atem’s secret recipes. Especially Yami Bakura . . . oh, that Yami Bakura, he was the worst! Finally Mr. Atem shouted, "I shall be ruined! Close the factory!" And that’s just what he did. He locked the gates and vanished completely. And then suddenly, about three years later, the most amazing thing happened. The factory started working again, full blast! And more delicious candies were coming out than ever before. But the gates stayed locked so that no one, not even Yami Bakura, could steal them.

Yugi: But Grandpa, someone must be helping Mr. Atem work the factory.

Grandpa Solomon: Thousands must be helping him.

Yugi: But who? Who are they?

Grandpa Solomon: That is the biggest mystery of them all.

To be continued.

Please leave a review. Thanks.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment