Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Article: Does Religion Wrong Anime?

An article I've made about a common question- Does Religion wrongly-judge animes? Is it walking on touchy grounds? I'll Investigate this in my newest article.

Chapters

Chapters

Chapter 1 - Untitled
Submitted: October 10, 2004 • Updated: October 10, 2004
Word count: 340 • Size: 1k • Comments: 12 • views: 396

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Cillia on April 6, 2006, 4:34:49 AM

Cillia on (Chapter: 1)
CilliaDDDDaaaaaammmmm right,people shouldn't take things so seriously with their religous beliefs.

Magical_Stan on March 6, 2006, 8:03:56 AM

Magical_Stan on (Chapter: 1)
Magical_StanYou bring up an interesting point.
Sadly, there are very religious people who will continue watching anime so they can find more faults with it and continue the bashing. Why they do it, I'm not sure.

StoryMaker on February 27, 2006, 4:21:48 AM

StoryMaker on (Chapter: 1)
StoryMakerI think you're right, sometimes religion does, my guess is that anime is mostly someone with " super powers" and people that follow Jesus, say that fighting is wrong, but i see y the would wrong anime.

GoldenRhydon on November 8, 2005, 1:40:11 AM

GoldenRhydon on (Chapter: 1)
GoldenRhydonThanksfor the great comments, guys. However, please understand that i did not write this to bash faithful beliefs or anything. If one chooses not to watch anime based on what they believe, then that is their decision. However, it is also my decision to share some of my own feelings on the topic.

Chibichan on November 4, 2005, 1:44:45 AM

Chibichan on (Chapter: 1)
ChibichanP.S-Faust VIII is right, just five minutes with hamtaro, & you will dream of singing & dancing hamsters. ^_^

Chibichan on November 1, 2005, 11:59:52 AM

Chibichan on (Chapter: 1)
ChibichanI have to deal with A LOT of that stuff, & man, am I happy to see that there are other people with my problem!! My friend is mormon, she loves anime, not to mention she's a super good artist, & she has to do it in secret because her parents "disapprove" It makes me angry!!!!
I don't have a religion, & as long as my shows don't have extreme swearing, I can watch them. My parents are so cool sometimes. ^_^
I just wish my friend's were, too.

SerraRaven on October 30, 2005, 5:09:27 AM

SerraRaven on (Chapter: 1)
SerraRavenGood point. Me and my mate were discussing our favourite anime films in the computer room at my school and some girl came up and said 'you shouldn't watch anime, it's violent and satanic and blasphemous to god.' The anime film I was talking about was Princess Mononoke, a fantasy story with no extreme violence. I think people should try and embrace new things and not get bogged down with religious fervour.

No offense to any one religious though, I mean I used to be a christian and I changed my mind, but I can understand their views.

PS Good article. Short and to the point.

SoaringKitty on October 16, 2005, 8:08:03 PM

SoaringKitty on (Chapter: 1)
SoaringKittyYou're right. People over react to anime. Geez, it's a comic and TV show. You don't see them wronging cartoons. Why should they pick on just Anime?

Dragon_Buster on June 6, 2005, 10:15:15 PM

Dragon_Buster on (Chapter: 1)
Dragon_BusterHmm...That is quite true. I'd say you'd make a good journalist. Bravo, bravo! 9favs) Here, have a big cookie. (gives you a big cookie)

FaustVIII on December 16, 2004, 7:38:22 AM

FaustVIII on (Chapter: 1)
FaustVIII*claps hands* so true. i used to be a cristian but i was so obsessed with anime that....well...lots of things happened that i could tell you about.I've actually got no religion now but its not beacuse of anime. and unlike kurisu yoi said very little anime have 'the encercled star' or as i prefer dantes star, its just the fact that its so violent,(not true look at hamataro!) and it DOES have some satanist things in it but hey, areopostal was created by satan and i betcha they still buy it! (no offense if you buy from aeropostal, i just hate that place.)but you did a brilliant job and maybe you should look into it more,i'd read it in a heartbeat.