Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - introduction

Nicolette is a beautiful orphan in Paris, France. She runs away to escape from her horrid owner when she tumbles off a bridge. What was on the other side will change her life forever.
Please comment!

Chapter 1 - introduction

Chapter 1 - introduction
Once upon a time



The streets were wet with dew and the air smelled of yesterdays rain. There were only a few perfectly fluffy clouds in the gray of dawn. The sun began to rise brilliantly behind the trees, making the radiant colors of fall astonishing to the eye. A diminutive dock hid timidly near a sluggish lake, showing off its vastness and glow. There, on that very dock sat a girl, a girl with glossy blonde hair and profound blue eyes. Her name was Nicolette. She swayed her feet in the water, Isnt it such a beautiful day? She asked a stray tabby cat who sat beside her. Any day for her would be a beautiful one, for she didnt see much of day nor night, nor much of anything else. The church bells rung revealing the true time. It was six oclock in the morning. Nicolette sprung to her feet, Oh dear! Valerie will be fuming! I have to go, Milo, She said hastily, petting the cat on the head. She ran clumsily down the streets of Paris, scraping her feet on the pavement, forgetting the groceries Valerie had ordered her to buy.
Just thinking about how she must get home before the sun is fully up, Nicolette rudely pushed through people. She suddenly felt her body collide into someone elses. It was an elderly woman. She had dark green eyes and many wrinkles. Her white hairs stood up in a rather peculiar way. Her groceries had fallen flat on Nicolette, lying helplessly on the cold ground. Nicolettes gloomy gray dress was covered in sauce and egg yolk, I am so sorry, maam! She exclaimed fearfully, backing away in panic of being battered, as she was by Valerie, Its okay miss, no harm done, Said the lady, picking up what was left of the precious food, I am so sorry, I was in a rush to get h- Nicolette stopped. The woman looked at her long at hard as a spark of terror went over her face, Nicolette, said she, staring at her, making a chill run down her bruised back. Nicolette looked at the women in confusion, Im sorry, Maam, have we met? She asked, getting up and wiping her damp clothes. The women nodded, You made it! Oh, so much time for me and so little for you! She said, close to tears, wanting to hug her, Nicolette backed away in terror, Im sorry, I dont know you, She said, shaking her head, But Nikki! Its me! You dont remember? The house? The bridge? Its me, Lynette! She yelled, making many faces turn around, Im sorry, Maam, Said Nicolette softly. She took one last look into the bright eyes of the woman and then ran, slowly disappeared into the crowd.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MinaTheDestroyer on October 29, 2007, 3:13:04 PM

MinaTheDestroyer on
MinaTheDestroyerCoolness! I can't wait for the next part!