Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Saaski's story

Three girls lose their home in a large fire that wiped out the whole town. Two of them join the pirate crew, and they set off. But will one of them find love on a small ship in the middle of the sea?

Chapter 2 - Saaski's story

Chapter 2 - Saaski's story


“So… Your pirates?” asked the little girl as she ate a riceball.

“Yep.”

“Wow… so you pillage people and you blow other ships up?”

“That's us!” yelled Usopp. “And I'm the dreaded Captain Usopp, Scourge of the seas!”

“Usopp, don't fill up the kids head with lies, OK?” said Zolo.

The girl with Blue hair put the broom away.

“I'm heading home now…”

“Kay, see ya Tai.”

She left.

“What's your name anyway little girl?” asked Sanji as he eyed the beautiful girls in the bar.

“My name is Caldwyn!” she shouted as she jumped up onto the bar. “ I can steal better then anyone in the world!”

“Really…” asked Nami doubtfully.

“Of course. I have never been caught. And I've seen every noble house from the inside. And without ever being invited.”

“At least on this Island…” said the girl with purple hair. “And that's saying something. The other side of the island has Mansion after mansion after mansion. Man, theirs at least 42.”

“66, Nell.” Said Caldwyn.

“Ok, fine, 66.”

“Your name's Nell?” Asked Chopper.

“Yes. My sister Saaski is in the back.”

“Speaking of which, I have to deliver the onions to the kitchen. Saaski sent me 2 hours ago.” Caldwyn hopped off the stool and started over towards the large bag.

“How old are you, seven?” asked Robin. She eyed her and the bag with doubt.



“Eight.” She said, and she hoisted the bag onto her shoulders. She walked over to the bar and lifted part of the counter. She hesitated and turned around.

“You guys want to see the Kitchen? Saaski barely ever comes out, so if you want to see our cook, you might want to do it now.”

Sanji stood up right away. “I would!”

Zolo Stood up to after he finished swallowing. “I guess I'll come to. I need to keep the perverted Chef out of trouble.”

“Zolo!!” yelled Nami. “That girl is EIGHT YEARS OLD!!! Watch what your saying! That's it, I'm coming so I can keep you from saying anything else that is stupid!”

“I guess I'll come too.” Said Luffy. “What about all of you?” he indicated to Robin, Usopp, and Chopper.

“Well, I'll come.” Said Chopper. Robin and Usopp stood up wordlessly.



Caldwyn ushered them into the kitchen. Pots and pans hung from the low ceiling and a stove sat in the corner next to a brick Kiln. A large cauldron soup pot sat in the middle of the room on a large fire. Jalapeno peppers hung from the ceiling on stings, and one string lay next to the pot on the counter, along with some pepper and salt. But there was no girl in the room.

“Saaski!” yelled Caldwyn. “ I brought the onions!” A voice came from outside, through the screen door next to the kiln. “Just put three on the counter and put all the others in the pantry, ok?” It sounded soft and hoarse, as if she had been through a lot and didn't want to argue.

“Where are you?” yelled Caldwyn as she did what she was told.

“Out back.”

“Oh, that's SO specific!”

They heard a sigh.

“Waiting for the soup to turn, so I decided to sit outside. Want to come out?”

“I got people with me!” Caldwyn called. She then beckoned them outside with her hand.

Their yard was small, since a river cut through it, separating it from the other yard, but it was beautiful nonetheless. Morning Glories climbed the back Brick wall, and tulips were everywhere. They saw the back of someone, as she sat on a rock ledge overlooking the water. She turned her head around and stared at all of them with slanted blue eyes. She waved a long slender hand to them and then she turned around again to stare at the water. Her black hair fell to the middle of her back, even with a ponytail. She stood up and turned to them. She blinked as she inspected each one of them from where she was standing, and looked to Caldwyn.

“Well?” asked Caldwyn, as she folded her arms.

Saaski Looked directly into Sanji's eye, and looked down to Caldwyn again.

“Thanks for the onions.”

“I meant about them.”

“Oh…” she looked shyly at Sanji again.

She shrugged and walked into the kitchen.

Everyone followed her, and they watched as she cut up the onions and put them into the pot.

“What does that mean?” asked Caldwyn.

“What do you mean? You want me to judge them all?”

“Actually, yes.”

“Fine. A Seven out of ten.”

“Ok.”

“Fine.”

“Sure.”

“Whatever.”

Caldwyn beckoned them all out. But when Sanji came she turned to him.

“She doesn't like a lot of men. Your one of the two men whose walked in here that she's liked.”

“Who was the first?”

“A man named Takyua. He was a Navy Officer. That was three years ago, when she was sixteen. He liked her too.”

“What happened?”

They had now entered the bar. Instead of taking him to his seat, she talked to Nell.

“I got to talk to him for a second.” The straw-hat crew looked to Sanji. Zolo gave him a what-did-you-do look. Sanji shook his head. Nell realized what she meant and she nodded.

Caldwyn pulled Sanji out of the bar and pointed at the step.

“What happened?” Sanji repeated.

“He wanted to take her and get you know, married?”

“Oh…”

“Don't worry, she didn't want to be. That was the thing. She didn't want to. Then he got mad and started yelling at her, saying that she would, or else.”

“Or else what?”

“We never figured. She killed him.”


Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

RoronoaZoroGirlfriend on March 14, 2006, 4:35:41 AM

RoronoaZoroGirlfriend on
RoronoaZoroGirlfriendsorry. weird and freakish girl here. sweet story!! i'm makin a story too!!! (sorry i'm hyper) i makin chapters fast cause i want to......... ok sorry. i just had candy. so i'm REALLY hyper.

moonlitdemoness09 on September 23, 2005, 9:12:35 AM

moonlitdemoness09 on
moonlitdemoness09woo!! i still love the story!!
" Usopp, don't fill the kid's head with lies."
hee hee ^^ please write the next chappie! cliffhangers really annoy me...grr...anyways, ur still a great author! please keep writing!

Icantdrawbutilltry on August 4, 2005, 5:40:02 AM

Icantdrawbutilltry on
Icantdrawbutilltryi love ur stories keep up the good work! ^_^ Eve