Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - New adventures!

Three girls lose their home in a large fire that wiped out the whole town. Two of them join the pirate crew, and they set off. But will one of them find love on a small ship in the middle of the sea?

Chapter 4 - New adventures!

Chapter 4 - New adventures!


Nell sat down next to the burnt pile of wood that once had been a very proud bar. She sighed.

“We have nothing left.” She looked over to Saaski. “Your copper pots are gone, melted. I'm sorry.” She looked to the ground. “All of mom and dads old things…”

Caldwyn stared into the ashes. She was squinting into it, and you could clearly see she was looking for something. She trotted over to where the kitchen was.

“Caldwyn, what are you doing?” asked Nell, but she followed. Caldwyn pulled up a mortar and pestle. They where made of lava rock, and refused to burn. She looked, and underneath was a locket. Nell smiled.

“Your locket. I thought you lost it.”

“So did I.”

They turned and stared around the burnt out shell.

“Well… I can't stay here.” Said Nell.

Saaski looked at her like she was insane. “But… Caldwyn, me… What could we do without you?”

“I'm not sure, but I can't stay. This place… It reminds me too much about mom and dad. And besides Saaski, as I recall, it was your dream and mom's that kept the bar alive.”

“Yes…” Saaski nodded. They had completely forgot about the straw-hat pirates, who watched them talk. They stood wordlessly. That is until you-know-who spoke up.

“Hey! You can join our crew! You'd be great! It would be fun!”

Nell stared at Luffy. She shrugged.

“Okay.” She turned to Saaski. “Are you coming sister?” Saaski shook her head.

“Like you said, with mom gone, I've got to keep this dream alive. When you get back here, every pirate from here to the west blue to the north blue will be drinking their heads off, laughing at every word. And besides,” She smiled, “Tai will help me kick out all of those Damn Navy officers.”

Nell had to laugh. She smiled. “Okay then, when are we setting off, captain?” she turned to Luffy.

“When the sun goes up!” Luffy shouted.

Nell watched as the sun dawned on a new day, new adventure, and most important….

New hope.

Luffy was laughing when the ship set sail. Zolo was pulling the gangplank up onto the ship, as Nell stood on the horn of the rams head, and watched as Saaski waved, along with half of the villagers.

Saaski called to Nell. “You come back soon! And soon, means three years at most!” Nell smirked at the remark, but her brow soon furrowed as she scanned the crowd. “Where's Caldwyn?” She said to herself. “Don't worry!” crowed Usopp as he thumped her on the back. Nell smiled. Then, as Zolo finished raising the gangplank, a dirt cloud arose as Caldwyn thumped down the road, and she was yelling.

“WAIT FOR MEEEEEEE! NELLLLLL! WAIT!” she cried out as she fell down on the dock, and then, jumped onto the side of the ship. She sat there for a second, and she looked over to Nell.

“You are NOT leaving without me.” Nell sat stunned for a minute, comprehending what was happening. She glanced over to Saaski. She shrugged her shoulders. Caldwyn looked beggingly over to Nell, as if to say: “PLEASE.” Nell looked over to Luffy. Luffy did that weird smile of his and laughed. “Fine with me!” Luffy yelled out. Nell laughed. Caldwyn did a weird little half hula, half Irish step dance, half tango thing, which made the whole crew laugh. The two sisters both waved, and the crew set sail. They were going to the next island on the grand line.





It was dinner time. Sanji, to celebrate the event of two new crewmates, asked them what they wanted for dinner. Nell was eager to give Sanji the recipe to her pot roast, which Sanji admired her for remembering, up to the very last little detail. Caldwyn, on the other hand, just told Sanji she wanted a Cheesecake. Lots and LOTS of cheesecake. Luffy also dug out the ham that Nell gave them on the day they came. They feasted that night, and they laughed too. They had a great time.







Chaser peered out onto the ocean. He had just left an island. He learned that the straw-hat crew had just finished their visit, and had set off that morning. The whole town had burned down. He smirked.

“Tasigi, we're catching up.” Tasigi clutched her sword. She was thinking about how soon, would be holding Wado too. Chaser, on the other hand, was thinking of How he would finally be able to crush Luffy. He smirked again. His luck was getting better.



Author's corner:

Hi people! My name is Mariah! I'm happy to see that I'm getting commented on my work. Sorry I haven't written chapters for so long, this story is the first I haven't abandoned for one purpose: I LOVE LUFFY. Anyway, Just thought I'd say a few things.

I will be moving soon, so don't expect any chapters for possibly 3 weeks. And when I do move, I will be writing lots of long chapters, cause let me tell you: Indiana. Is. BORING.

Time for a contest. As I described them, draw Caldwyn, Saaski, and Nell.

Nell. I've got comments that she kicks butt. That being so, let me tell you then: Nell is modeled after me, and Tai, the kick butt girl who mauls navy officers for fun, is modeled after Chelsea. (a.k.a Draconic13 on Fanart.)
[/list]


More chapters coming soon! Thanks to all that commented! ^.^

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

GothicDancer on March 13, 2006, 10:33:17 AM

GothicDancer on
GothicDancerWell, I promised I would read and comment on your stories, so here I go! :) I hope you don't mind a little constructive critism first.
Your ability to create a story in general is very good. It seems as though you always know where you want your story to go and just how to get it there. I bet with a little practice, you could create amazing plots. :)
Your descriptions need a little work. I'd say that you need to work on explaining situations, and that should be your focus. Remember this: Just because you know what's going to happen in the story doesn't mean your reader does. Therefore, you need to explain every little thing and use suspense as a replacement for a full explanation when you don't want it. Your specific details need some improving, too. Like, was there ever a point when you mentioned the Devil Fruit's actual name?
Well, that's what I've got. I look forward to seeing your writing get better as you continue. That's one of the best things about being an author. You can literally watch yourself improve. :) *hug*

moonlitdemoness09 on October 29, 2005, 1:23:17 AM

moonlitdemoness09 on
moonlitdemoness09Garflosheka!!! yay for new chapters!! hurrah!! i would draw them, but my scanner's screwed up and i have no other way of posting it.*cries* oh, and Luffy's awesome and all, but u know ZOLO ROX MORE SOX!!! XD