Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Pizza

This stroy is by Hanna.

This is based of a dream I had a while back, I plan on finishing it!

All character belong to me except the obvious (Greek gods and so on...)

Chapter 8 - Pizza

Chapter 8 - Pizza
Aurora smiled at Sylas as he came to walk next to her into the elevator, none of the previous boyfriends shed brought home had stood up to Jeffrey. She pushed the button for the fifth floor, grinning while thinking about the possibility of having Sylas as a boyfriend.
Does anything scare you? She asked with a smile, he returned the smile.
No, nothing I can think of. The elevator stopped on the third floor, the doors opened and Ms.Carl came in to stand between them. She looked Sylas up and down than looked at Aurora with a smile.
Keep this one, She said quietly, He looks like he has a pretty penny. Aurora looked at Sylas and noticed Ms.Carl was right, Sylas looked wealthy. His shoulder length layered hair was black as night but when the light hit it there was a hint of red. His skin was flawless and he had a slight tan, despite what vampires are supposed to look like. His lips were wide and plump with a tan brown color.
His clothes were perfect with no wrinkles or creases, his dark blue shirt fit him well around the hidden muscles. He was wearing black denim jeans; one leg had an intended hole in the knee. He had a black jacket hung over his shoulder; on it was a white tribal dragon on the back. Aurora leaned back to get a glimpse of him from behind when suddenly the elevator jerked and they were at the fifth floor and Ms.Carl had gotten off on four.
Sylas looked at her with a raised brow and a breath taking crooked smile. Aurora knew hed read her thoughts about getting a glimpse of his butt, she blushed and looked to the floor as she walked out of the elevator. Suddenly his arm was around her shoulders and she was being pulled into his chest, it was hard with pure muscle. Surprisingly he was warm.
Its okay, He said, caressing her hair, Youre only human.
Hey! Get a room! Someone yelled from down the hall, it could only be Valerie. Valeria lived in the apartment farthest from Aurora and had a bad mouth on her. She looked for ways to yell at people or get them into trouble with the manager. She also drank too much and liked to pick fights, everyone felt sorry for her husband Greg. Greg was a very nice guy who went out of his way to make things easy for those in need, but Valeria gave him hell day and night.
Hey, didnt you two hear me? I said get a room! She started walking down the hall toward them with her hands balled into fists; she was unsteady on her feet and couldnt focus her eyes, more than likely drunk. Dont you dare make me say it again! She stopped a few feet away, her eyes locked on Aurora.
You! She pointed at her, You are always bringing good for nothing boys home with you, what the hell are you a ho? She took a few more steps toward Aurora; she flinched as Valerie pulled her hand back for a punch, Sylas was suddenly in front of Aurora.
She heard the thump as Valeries punch hit Sylas in the chest, it didnt even faze him. He placed his hands firmly on her shoulders; she looked as though she thought Sylas was Death himself. Suddenly her expression was dazed and blank.
Youre going to go back to your room, He said, Than you will go to sleep and wake up a new person. You will be kind to others, especially your husband. Valerie simply nodded, Sylas released her and she instantly turned on her heals and walked straight back to her room. Sylas turned around to face Aurora, he was flushed and slightly pail.
How did you do that? She asked.
My telepathy allows me to brainwash people and hypnotize them into what I want them to be. He rubbed his forehead with his thumb and forefinger.
Are you feeling okay? Aurora placed her hands on his cheeks, they were ice cold.
I just need rest, she was very strong willed. It took a lot of my energy to control her. He said, Aurora took his hand and pulled him down the hall toward her apartment. Hoping there would be no more nosey neighbor problems for now.
Earlier you said you sleep during the day, She said, Do you actually sleep? Sylas smiled.
Yes, He yawned, Vampires are half human after all. The human part demands sleep along with food. They stopped in front of Auroras apartment, 503.
Are you still strong enough to open my door? She asked, motioning with her hand to the apartment door. Sylas nodded and reached for the handle, when he twisted the knob it opened easily as if it were never locked in the first place. Just as he said, the key was right inside the door on the carpet.
You sir, She smiled at him and flipped the lights on, Are very good. As they walked in her kitten Rayne jumped off the back of the couch and ran to great them. She stopped when she saw Sylas, her back arched and her tail fluffed up like a Christmas tree. She hissed quietly, being only a baby she could barely hiss. Sylas let out a light laugh then walked in, Rayne took a few steps back from him.
Lovely, He leaned down and sat on the floor, Rayne is it?
Are you going to have a conversation with my cat? Aurora asked as she hung up her jacket.
No. Cats were once guardians, like me. He said, For the Egyptians, they even believed cats to be gods of some sort.
Yeah thats right, She went into the kitchen with Rayne in hot pursuit, Why is she so afraid of you?
Shes scared for good reason; she knows that the creature Ive taken the form of is a predator. He yawned again, Shes trying to protect you from me by looking tough, shes hoping itll scare me away. Aurora opened the fridge and looked around for something to eat.
Are you hungry? She asked, looking over her shoulder. Sylas was behind her, looking around the kitchen.
A bit, He sat down at the small table, looking better in comparison by far. Aurora pulled out leftover pizza, took a few pieces out and places them on a plate in the microwave. She leaned against the counter to wait for the microwave to finish.
Sylas was tracing the wood work of the table with his fingers; Rayne was slowly approaching him. She sniffed at his leg cautiously; Sylas shifted his eyes to the kitten without stopping his original movements. Aurora watched as her cat moved to his other leg to investigate and nearly flew out of her skin when the microwave beeped.
She took the pizza out and set it in the center of the table, there were six steaming pieces on the plate. Sylas looked at the pizza with a puzzled expression.
Have you ever had pizza before? Aurora selected a piece and tore of a small corner. Sylas picked a small piece up and examined it like it might bite him if he wasnt careful.
No, He sniffed it, I havent.
It tastes a whole lot better than it looks, She put the small piece in her mouth and chewed it. Once shed swallowed it Sylas took a small bite from his piece and began chewing it. Do you like it?
Yes, He said after swallowing, he took another bite. Soon Sylas had helped Aurora finish the entire pizza. Now they were sitting on the couch in her living room talking, Rayne had warmed up to Sylas and was curled up on his lap purring away. It was eight in the morning and the sun was shining through the curtains.
Im surprised how well youre taking everything, He said, Im waiting for the screaming. Aurora laughed.
Im surprised too, She thought about it a moment, It could be from some of the weirdos I come across at work. Last week I think I saw big foot buying condoms. Sylas gave her a look.
Do you know what condoms are? She asked and he shook his head no. Oh boy, how do I put this? Aurora thought about it, trying to think of a way to explain.
Its okay, I think I get it. He said, Aurora kept forgetting about the mind reading. They both yawned in unison, she hadnt slept in twenty-four hours and even before that she wasnt sleeping well. Then she was wondering where Sylas was going to sleep.
I can sleep here on the couch, He said.
Do you need any blankets or anything? She asked him.
Ill be fine. He stood up and stretched, his knuckles nearly brushed the ceiling. He had to be over six feet tall to touch the ceiling; he read her thoughts and stretched his arm up, he poked the ceiling. Im 65.
Show off, She said and punched him in the arm on her way to her bedroom, You wont be peaking or anything, right? She turned to look at him; he was sprawled out on the couch facing the other direction with his feet hanging off.
I wont peak, He said and Aurora heard him yawn, she walked into her room. She closed the door behind her and locked it, even though it wouldnt keep Sylas out. She stripped and dressed in her pajamas; which were a light lavender tank top with black shorts. She sat down on her bed and pulled her hair into a pony tail before lying down. She was asleep almost instantly.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment