Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Tag. You're It.

This stroy is by Hanna.

This is based of a dream I had a while back, I plan on finishing it!

All character belong to me except the obvious (Greek gods and so on...)

Chapter 9 - Tag. You're It.

Chapter 9 - Tag. You're It.
Sylas looked around the room he was in; it almost seemed to be a bomb shelter. There was a soft murmur of voices coming from somewhere; he noticed a small doorway to his right, a light was on a few rooms down. He tried to stand to investigate but found he couldnt move his body. He looked down; reinforced steel straps were binding him to a table.
Footsteps were coming down the hall, it sounded like the person was wearing heavy boots. A figure appeared at the door but did not come in; all Sylas could tell was that it was a tall man. The man smiled and pure white teeth shined through the darkness, he had large sharp canines.
Sylas, its been to long. He said with a chuckle and took a step into the room.
Who are you? Sylas asked, his voice sounded forced and weak.
You will know soon enough, He said, Sylas tried to use his night eyes to try and see through the darkness. You have no powers here; I cant risk you knowing who I am until the time is right. Dont want you running from me now do I? The man laughed, he turned and left the room still laughing.
Sylas opened his eyes and sat up with a jolt. He was in Auroras living room still and Rayne had tumbled off his chest into his lap. She looked up at him sleepily and yawned quietly.
Bad dream? She asked.
Yes, but I think it was a message. He said rubbing his eyes; he looked at his watch, only seven in the evening.
Was it from one of your people?
I think it was from a demon, He stroked the kitten carefully, Im still trying to find the last two demons from Damons army.
This one mustve been powerful if he could call out to you in your dreams, She said while purring, It takes a lot of energy.
Yes it does, Sylas picked up the kitten and stood, he placed her back down on the couch. Im afraid I must leave. To be able to invade a dream you need to be near by, he cant be far.
Aurora will miss you, She stopped purring, Are you coming back?
Ill come back as soon as I can; Im going to leave her a letter so she understands. Will you make sure she gets it? Rayne nodded, Sylas grabbed a piece of paper and wrote:

Aurora, dont leave this apartment and dont open the door for anybody. A very dangerous demon is nearby and Im going to try to locate him. Ill try and be back within a days time. Use the whistle if you need me.

-Sylas

He placed the note on the counter in the kitchen next to the coffee pot, he knew from Auroras memory that the first thing she did was get coffee. He stroked Rayne gently before pulling on his jacket to leave; Aurora was stirring in her room, she was beginning to question if Sylas was real or not.
He grinned before turning to leave; Rayne followed him to the door. He opened the door and walked out into the hall, looking back to wave goodbye to the small kitten. She meowed in reply and padded off to Auroras door to wait for her to come out.
Sylas heard a chuckle down the hall to his left; he recognized the sound from his dream immediately. He jerked to his left and saw someone wearing a hood run down the stairs to quickly to be human. Sylas took off after it; he was definitely faster than the hooded stranger. He was on his heals in seconds.
They flew past Jeffrey to fast to be seen, their passing blew up a draft and caused divorce papers to go flying in swirls around the room. The man burst through the glass doors, Sylas put his arms up to protect his eyes from the shards of flying glass. The man looked back at him and Sylas saw a flicker of blood red eyes.
Sylas jumped forward, trying to tackle him to the ground. He shifted at the last moment and Sylas hit the pavement, he was up again in a flash, back behind the man in hot pursuit. Than he realized that he couldnt hear the thoughts of the stranger, it was like there was a glass wall that he could see flickers through but couldnt break. The man let out a bark of laughter, throwing his head back and bearing fangs like daggers.
Sylas cursed under his breath, this was a very powerful demon. He hadnt come across one this strong yet, hed have to be stronger. He didnt know if he could defeat him in the form of a vampire, but finding out how to shape shift again would take to much time. The hooded man suddenly sped up in front of him and turned to face him, skidding to a stop in the middle of the park. Sylas stopped as well.
There wasnt a person in sight and the sun was setting behind the trees, the man had a scarf tied around the lower half of his face and goggles covered his eyes while the hood covered the rest. Sylas could see the glow of his red eyes through the thick ski goggles.
Sylas, He said, the smile on his face could be heard in his voice. You can either chase me all night, or turn and go back to your human. You see, leaving her alone was not wise of you. My pets might get hungry. Sylas had dealt with the threats before when he became attached to a stray dog; he knew that Aurora would call if she needed him.
Sorry to disappoint you but she means little to me. Sylas said, hating himself for saying it. But it would protect her from getting caught in between. Now, tell me who you are.
Youll know soon enough, He said with a low chuckle, Im not going to fight you unless you do not cooperate with my demands.
It seems like youve been planning this for a while.
Ha, you have no idea. He snickered, Ive had plenty of time to think things over. I know your weakness, Sylas. Youre a guardian; saving damsels in distress is what you do, along with saving the occasional pure hearted loser.
By saving humans I keep this world spinning. Without humans your kind would starve and I would die of boredom. Sylas said and the strangers shoulders tensed, he knew it was true.
Humans are stupid and weak, He said, They dont deserve to be on top, we should be. Like we once were. The mortals should fear our power and shudder in our shadows. They are small vermin and we are gods! His voice echoed through the park.
We are not gods; we are servants to the gods.
Than why are we still here when they have gone? Why is it that since the beginning WE are the ones that remain? He took a few steps toward Sylas, Dont you see what happened? They left our kind to rule. The mortals began to realize the gods were weak, so they did not respect them.
So what did the all powerful gods do? They sent you to demand the mortals be polite and treat the gods with authority. The humans trembled in fear at your power, you see Sylas? The humans treated you like a god; I bet your power has grown far more than any of the gods. I bet if you tried you could shift the universe to your liking.
They made me this strong on purpose; they warned me that one day my abilities would be more than all of theirs in one. Sylas said, slowly taking a step toward the hooded man.
Then why not use your powers to rule? You hide in the shadows while you could be of the highest authority. The man turned and waved his hands around him, motioning to the universe. All this could be yours. While he was distracted Sylas approached him. He was within arms reach when the man turned back to him.
Not so fast Sylas, He said, We will meet again. The man began to fade into black dust, he could teleport. Sylas grabbed at him but his hands slid through the black powder. He clenched his fists and cursed. Suddenly a musical noise met his ears; it sounded like a high note on a smooth flute. Aurora was calling him with the whistle.
He turned and darted toward the apartment at top speed, his feet gliding over the ground. He stopped in the parking lot; he hid behind some rose bushes. Aurora and Jeffrey were standing outside the broken doors talking to a police man.
I swear some kids was tryin to kill me wit one o dem rockets! Jeffrey said in a rush, Aurora placed her arm around his shoulders and rubbed his back reassuringly.
If it was a gun shot of that size the whole lobby wouldve gone up in smoke, I think it was just some kids with a nail gun. We found nails all over in there. The police officer said.
I hade some nails in a box on my desk, ya see I was goin to fix some floor boards. Jeffrey said, motioning to the floor inside.
Are you sure you didnt find any bullets? Aurora asked.
No maam, no bullets at all in there. Well take the surveillance tap and see if we find anything. For now Id advise caution.
I bet it was that boy ya brought home last night, Aura. Jeffrey said, I didnt like him one bit, ya know he wasnt hear this mornin either. I bet it was him. He had a dark expression on his face.
What was the boys name? I can look up his police record. The officer asked pulling out a note pad and a pen.
Sylas wasnt it? Jeffrey looked at Aurora, Did he give ya a last name?
No, he didnt. She shook her head.
Sylas isnt a very common name, if theres a Sylas in Minnesota well find him. The police man said, he turned and went into his car. He began searching for a Sylas on a computer.
Sylas found a small rock on the ground and tossed it toward Aurora gently, it bounced off her shoulder. She turned and saw him in the bushes; she motioned with her head to go up to her apartment, he nodded. He was in the apartment in a matter of seconds; Rayne awoke and looked up at him from the couch.
That was fast, She said, stretched and than walked over to him. Did you catch the demon?
No, I didnt. Sylas said, he heard Aurora approaching the apartment. Her mind was angry.
Youre going to get it bad. Rayne crawled under the couch; Sylas looked up at Aurora as she came in, her cheeks were flushed red.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment