Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Paranoid

This stroy is by Hanna.

This is based of a dream I had a while back, I plan on finishing it!

All character belong to me except the obvious (Greek gods and so on...)

Chapter 18 - Paranoid

Chapter 18 - Paranoid
Aurora opened her eyes and yawned, awakening from a deep sleep. A few hours earlier she had decided to take Damons advice and look at the bedroom; there were two but the other was freezing cold inside, the one shed chosen was warm and comfortable with a the biggest bed shed ever seen in real life.
She was sprawled out in the middle with her arms extended on both sides; the bed was so wide that her hands didnt even hang off the edge, same with her feet. Her body was tangled in a large mass of blankets, three different ones covered her.
On the top was a thin silk blanket with black flower designs, under that was a velvety black quilt and than a very thick a fluffy white comforter. She breathed in the smell of lavender laundry detergent and closed her eyes again; she was too comfortable to get up yet.
Opening one eye she looked for a clock to see what time it was, she noticed the bed had a white canopy and someone had pulled it down. She rolled over and crawled to the edge, opening the white fabric.
There was a night stand next to the bed with an alarm clock that read 8:30 in the morning; next to it was a handful of Daisys with another note. Daisys represent innocence my little virgin. Auroras cheeks flushed from numerous shades of pink and red.
Rolling out of bed she decided it would be a good idea to get ready, she looked in the mirror and shuddered. Her hair was a tangled mess of red and all her makeup had rubbed off, she sniffed herself to see how she smelled. She smelled like Damon, Im showering.
She searched the house for a bathroom and found one, after investigating for hidden cameras she decided it was safe and locked the door. She asked herself if Damon could unlock doors like Sylas and sighed, after thinking it over a moment she went to the kitchen and found a cross in the garbage.
She pulled it out and went back to the bathroom, she didnt know if it would keep out a supernatural peeping tom but it was all she had. She slid it under the door were it couldnt be seen and took her shower. She listened for the door the entire time, waiting to get dressed in record time if she had to.
She peered out of the shower at the door a few times to make sure, nothing happened. She finished washing her hair and stepped out in a towel; she wiped steam off the mirror and liked the reflection a lot more. She peaked at the door one last time to make sure it was safe to get dressed, the cross was gone.
Her hand tightened around the towel and she looked around the bathroom quickly to make sure she was alone, nobody was there. She took deep breaths and figured she was just being paranoid, she got dressed as fast as she could anyway. After shed finished and was dressed she opened the door and looked around, expecting Damon to be standing there. He wasnt.
She put her hair up in a pony tail to dry and went back to the bedroom to make the bed. There were clothes folded up on the bed with a Geranium flower on top, and of course another note.
The Geranium flower symbolizes comfort. Honey, you seem tense. Relax; Im not going to let anything happen to you. You are safe here, let the whistle bring you security. Youll find breakfast in the dinning room for you, its your favorite.
Aurora changed into the new clothes and examined herself in the full length mirror, she looked amazing. The shirt was a dark violet and defined her curves; it also gave her breasts an attractive look. The pants were dark navy blue jeans that hugged her butt and thighs, making them look like they belonged on someone who paid good money for them.
After a few moments of admiration she went to the dinning room, her jaw dropped when she got to the table. Blueberry pancakes with whipped cream and strawberries were waiting on a plate, and next to that was a cup of coffee that smelled like French vanilla cappuccino. She almost swooned, it was indeed her favorite.
It didnt take very long for her to finish, she was worried she wouldnt fit in the jeans anymore. She stood and checked her waistline; she stuck her thumb in and was able to hook it, all good. Suddenly there was another pair of thumbs hooked in her front belt loops and lips at her neck.
You look amazing, Damon said, his lips nuzzling her jaw line as he spoke. He smelled like the forest after rain.
You are extremely, Aurora paused while she thought of a good word, she settled with the obvious. Creepy. Instead of getting offended he chuckled.
My nicknames The Creeper, He said and turned her to face him, he still looked like something straight out of hell; blood red eyes, fangs, sharp black horns and he was extremely sexy.
It fits, Aurora said truthfully, he smiled and nuzzled his nose to hers.
You, He kissed her quickly, Can call me anything you want. He handed her a Hibiscus flower, Delicate beauty.
Where do you keep finding these? Aurora asked, And how do you know so much about me?
I have my ways, He said.
Please, She pouted and he frowned, he obviously didnt like her upset, Please tell me.
Alright, alright, He said, Just dont look so sad. Aurora smiled. Brat.
Thank you, She hugged him, he scooped her up bridal style suddenly. She gasped and clung to him, she was afraid of heights.
Its okay, He tightened his hold on her pulling her close; Ive got you. He carried her into the living room and layed her down on the leather couch, before she could protest he was hovering over her with one knee and a muscular arm holding him up.
What do you want to know? He asked, his cinnamon breath brushing over her face and leaving her disoriented.
Um, She blinked, Lets start with, why you kidnapped me?
I got tired of admiring you from afar, He said, And than I found Sylas watching you, you see. Ive been keeping my eye on you for years.
Really? Aurora asked.
Yes, and when I found my brother I was shocked. He believed me to be dead as did I for him. He explained.
Why were you watching me? She tried to remember possibly running into Damon before somehow.
I go from city to city to find recruits for my army; I tracked a strong source here about a decade ago. It turned out to be my brother to my surprise, and then I found my old right hand man, Lucifer. Its not his real name but Lucifer sounds a whole lot more menacing than Louie.
A demon named Louie, She giggled.
Yes, Damon chuckled, He was shocked to see me. He had heard I was killed when my volcano exploded. But luckily for me some of my loyal minions were there already trying to break me free, they found me floating in the ocean and nursed me back to health.
So youre volcano did erupt as well, Sylas thought you were still imprisoned. She told him.
Nope, but I wouldve been if my capturers had noticed the nearby volcano that was still active. He smiled, For a bunch of all powerful gods they were airheads. Aurora smiled, hearing about the Greek gods this way was strange. She couldnt believe she was talking to someone who was actually there.
Anyway, Lucifer explained to me that a bounty hunter of sorts was going around killing demons, my demons. I began my search for this bounty hunter unaware that it was my brother. I tracked him to that abandoned church but didnt find him there, when I turned to leave I saw you walking home.
At first I was going to kill you for fun to get out my frustration, but when I got closer I noticed you werent alone. That boy Jeremy was with you and I couldnt risk letting one of you slip free and go blabbing, so I followed and waited for him to leave your side. Aurora was surprised, this was probably the night Jeremy walked her home and asked her out for the first time.
I trailed the two of you to your apartment and waited for him to leave, luckily for me that Jeffrey scared him away after he asked you out for dinner. I went to your apartment and waited for you to arrive, when you got in somebody else was with you. So I hid until they left.
I was in your closet, He paused and moved to sit on the couch, Aurora sat beside him. No pun intended. I waited for you to come in so I could make my move, but when you did&
What, She scooted closer, What happened?
You started taking your clothes off. He smiled at her, she blushed.
What? You watched me undress? Her hands balled into fists.
Im a gentleman, He said, I peeked but I didnt stare.
You still looked, She crossed her arms and felt her eyebrows pull together; Damon put his arm around her and kissed her cheek.
I couldnt help it, Id never seen a human naked and youre so beautiful. He smiled, Im sorry. Aurora grumbled a few swear words, Damon laughed.
You prick. She said.
I let you shower peacefully, didnt I? He raised an eyebrow.
I guess so, She sighed and relaxed, uncrossing her arms.
There, He said.
What else happened? She asked, encouraging him to continue.
I waited for you to fall asleep; when you did I approached you. I got close and was about to strike when I took a good look at you, I realized I thought you were beautiful. A mortal.
I was confused, you looked human but I wasnt sure. I tried to see if you were in anyway immortal but didnt find anything, than I looked at your heat signatures and found a shield.
A shield? Aurora asked and he nodded.
Yes, its pure energy. It has a life of its own and from the start of its life it chooses a host. This one has chosen you. He explained.
Is it here right now? Aurora asked and felt the air around her, the air close to her was warmer than the rest.
Yes, it will never leave you. Its soul purpose is to protect you, He looked to be examining the shield, It calls to immortals like a Siren. Once we hear its song we are forever drawn. This one is still young, but in a year or so it will be able to communicate with you.
Humans with a shield usually think theyre crazy and are diagnosed with an illness call Schizophrenia. The medicine they are put on slowly kills the shield; its literally part of you. It attaches itself to your brain and lives off of you, it doesnt hurt you but people with a shield are generally skinnier than those without.
When a shield chooses an immortal it grows more and more powerful over time until it can take on its own form. It is how some immortals reproduce; Sylas and I were created from shields. At this point Sylas is powerful enough to create a shield, like a child.
Wow, Aurora was truly amazed, Can you create a shield? Damon frowned and shook his head.
No, my brother is far more powerful than I am, he just doesnt know. He sighed, Itll be a long time before I am is strong as he is now.
Do you plan on fighting him? Aurora asked.
I want him to join me, if I fought him Id surely fall. The only thing that I have over him is my army, together we can kill him. But as I said, I am a gentleman and will fight fair.
What powers do you have? She asked and took his hand. He seemed to be depressed about his brother.
Many, He said, Would you like an example?
Um, Aurora wonder if she did, Sure.
Come with me. He stood and walked toward the door, Aurora followed him. Her eyes strayed from his head to his butt. It was very nice.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment