Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Strange weather today, huh?

This stroy is by Hanna.

This is based of a dream I had a while back, I plan on finishing it!

All character belong to me except the obvious (Greek gods and so on...)

Chapter 20 - Strange weather today, huh?

Chapter 20 - Strange weather today, huh?
Are we still in Minnesota? Aurora asked while looking up at the clear sunny sky and examining the flowers, October in Minnesota did not look like this.
Yes, Damon said, Ive altered the weather in this location.
Wont that screw up the ecosystem? Aurora remembered learning something about the weather having something to do with the life of an ecosystem; in the summer everything lives, in autumn plants start to die and freeze, winter freezes the lakes and dead plants, making them rich and healthy for the spring to bloom.
Not the way I do it, Damon leaned down and examined a flower with envy, I couldnt kill something so beautiful. He looked up at her and smiled.
I see, Aurora blushed, So, how do you do it? Damon stood tall and looked up at the sky; he closed his eyes and concentrated hard for a moment.
What is your favorite season? He asked with his eyes still closed.
I dont know, She thought for a moment and remembered a time when she was little; it was in the middle of the winter and to cold for snow, about thirty below. Winter I guess.
Ah, raining Diamonds. He nodded and smiled, Sun showers in winter, the rain freezes into ice crystals. Making it appear as if its raining diamonds, very rare weather to come by.
Yes, Aurora looked at him in awe, You can read my thoughts, huh? Damon smiled and went back to concentrating. Some clouds began to form and the temperature started dropping, Aurora wrapped her arms around herself and shivered.
A frost started to cover everything around, the temperature was dropping below zero now. The sun was still shining with a few clouds in the sky; the clouds were growing thicker and grayer. It reminded Aurora of a storm forming in fast motion on the science channel.
Something cold landed on her hand, she looked and saw a melted ice crystal. She looked to the sky and saw thousands more falling, the sun would hit them and theyd twinkle like stars. She smiled and stood watching the diamonds fall from the sky, just like when her mom took her to the park when she was six. Damons arm wrapped around her shoulders and she leaned against him, he was very warm compared to the winter air.
What else can you do? Aurora looked up at him, he was already watching her.
Plenty ask me something and Ill bet you that I can do it. He grinned and Aurora shrugged, why not?
What if I guess right? She asked.
Ill show you I can do it, unless you had something else in mind? He chuckled.
If you can do it, She though about it, Ill stop being so paranoid that youre going to jump on me.
Hmm, He paused, It would be nice for you to trust me. Despite my appearance, Im harmless as far as youre concerned.
As far as Im concerned, She looked at him with raised brows, What about other people?
Honey, He kissed her forehead delicately, You really dont want to know.
Give me a hint, Aurora said, although she was sure Damon was right about her not wanting to know.
Well, He pursed his lips and thought about it, Theres a wide variety, most of us are just sadistic killers. Others are disgusting perverts or kidnappers. Aurora shuddered and he held her to him.
Which category do you fall under? She asked.
Im a killer, but I just do it to those who deserve it. He frowned.
What happened, She asked, To make you need to kill them.
Come inside, He started pulling her inside, Its freezing out here, besides, some answers might be on television today. He opened the door and she went to sit in the living room on the leather sofa. Damon flicked the TV on to the news, and Auroras jaw dropped.
You, She couldnt pull her eyes away from the screen, You killed Leah, and Jeremy.
Yes, He said as he sat beside her, I first went to look for you at his place, I found them together. They were about to have sex and were talking about you in rude ways. I lost my temper. Aurora pulled her eyes from the screen; he was looking at his hands.
I, She didnt know what to do, hed done it for her but she cared about them. I dont know what to say about this.
Dont say anything, He said without moving, Just know that Im sorry, I really shouldnt have lost control like that, its just that hearing him say that he only wanted you for your body set me off. Then when she said you were a dumb dog it pushed me over the edge. He sighed.
They felt no pain, He whispered, I used my abilities to stop their hearts instantly. Aurora looked at the screen again; the reporter was saying that they both died from cardiac arrest. She looked back at him and sighed, she wished he hadnt killed them but she understood his reasoning. He really did care for her, and she was starting to care for him.
Damon, She said quietly and he looked at her through a curtain of red hair, Ill get over it, if you promise me never to kill someone I know again.
I can promise you that, except for one person. He said, I might have no choice but to kill my brother, if I even can.
Cant you just let that go, She placed her hand on his arm, He is your brother after all.
I wish I could, He sighed, But he might go after you and try to kill you. Auroras hand flew to her mouth and she gasped.
Why would he do that? She asked.
He might suspect you as a demon after youve been here for a while, Damon explained.
Why, Aurora shook her head slowly, Im not a demon.
Not yet, He simply said, straightening up and looking at her.
What do you mean, She stiffened.
Relax, He scooted close to her and rubbed her shoulders, Id only change you for one reason.
What would that reason be? She prepared herself for the worst. He smiled and leaned in, his lips at her ear.
If you wanted to be with me, He kissed her cheek and smoothly slid his lips to hers, Forever. He whispered, his lips nuzzling hers.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment