Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 37 - Bullies

This stroy is by Hanna.

This is based of a dream I had a while back, I plan on finishing it!

All character belong to me except the obvious (Greek gods and so on...)

Chapter 37 - Bullies

Chapter 37 - Bullies
Sylas was slouched in a chair against the far wall of the classroom, his fingers drumming impatiently on the desk. He had his eyes locked on the wall clock and was anxious to make it through English. Twitch was sitting beside him with his head bent over a notebook; he was scribbling notes and fidgeting with a pen in his other hand.
Steve, The teacher, Mrs. Sanchet was standing at the front of the class with her arms crossed, Twitch picked his head up and looked at her. Are you drawing again?
No, I was taking notes. Twitch said and she came marching to the back of the room. She snatched his paper and examined it, after a moment she nodded and handed it back. Her eyes locked on Sylas.
You, whats your name? And why arent you paying attention? She pulled an attendance sheet out and a pen.
Sylas, He said and he heard a few students twist to look back.
Oh, right, the new kid. Unless you want to fail Id advise you to take notes. She rolled her eyes and walked back to the front mumbling something about thugs. A folded piece of notebook paper plopped down in front of Sylas on the table; he raised a brow and noticed his name was scribbled on it in a girls handwriting. He looked up and the girl to his right smiled.
Twitch cleared his throat and nudged Sylas, his thoughts were warning him. Sylas opened the note and read it anyway, inside was a simple hello and a smiley face. He plucked the pen from Twitch and a few students chuckled, he wrote hello and refolded it. When the coast was clear he tossed it back to her.
She read it and showed it to the girl beside her and they did some giggling, she wrote a response and waited for the teacher to turn her back to them. Once she did she chucked the note back and Sylas caught it midair. A few more girls giggled and Sylas was wondering if all girls were this easily amused.
Twitch stomped on his foot and gave him a pissed off glare, Sylas shrugged and winked. Twitch rolled his eyes and sat, arms crossed, and pouted. Sylas opened the note and read the new message, Im Linda. Then her phone number was written by her name. Twitch snorted after reading it over his shoulder.
Now, thats the homework, Mrs. Sanchet said after writing the assignment on the board, You may talk quietly amongst yourselves for the remaining time, but do NOT leave your seat!
Sylas, Twitch whined.
Hey, Im not doing anything illegal. Sylas said and nudged him with his knee under the table, Youre just being paranoid. Twitch was looking over Sylas shoulder at Linda and her friend.
Um, hi, He heard her say behind him and turned, she was twisted back in her seat to face him, So youre the new guy, wow, you must not be from around here.
No, Sylas smiled and felt Twitch jab him with his pencil, Im from Italy. Not a total lie.
Omigod, really, thats so cool! She said and flashed a white smile, Do you know any Italian?
Sì avete? Sylas asked.
Sì! She squealed and Twitch sighed.
Sylas, He said and Sylas turned to face him, You promised. He said with a sad face.
And Im keeping it, He wrapped an arm around Twitch and he lit up.
Are you two, like, in a relationship? Linda asked with her brows in a disturbed frown.
No, you tard, Her friend said, Look at their IDs, theyre brothers!
Oh, wow! She blushed lightly, Steve, I never knew you had a brother.
We adopted him, Twitch said.
Oh, thats cool. The girls said in unison.
I guess, Twitch said with a shrug and the bell rang throughout the building again. He jumped up and left the room in a rush, Sylas wouldve been in pursuit if Linda hadnt been blocking his path.
Hmm, so youre adopted? She asked.
Yeah, Sylas said trying to pass her.
I feel kind of bad for you, She had a sneer on her face, The Johnsons are so& Weird. Sylas blinked.
What? He forced out.
You know, She shrugged, His mom is a total slut and hes a prick. Im sorry you have to put up with it, if you ever need a place to crash, She winked, My place is always open.
No thanks, Sylas pushed past her but turned back to face her briefly, And hes not the only prick in the family. And youre the only slut I see. He rushed out into the hall and Twitch was leaning against the wall with a grin.
I heard everything, dude! He hugged him, Thanks so much for sticking up for all of us!
Yeah, no problem, Sylas said and hugged Twitch back, Students are meaner than I remember.
Yeah, well, that was Linda. Shes the school slut, you know? He rolled his eyes.
I could see some of her thoughts, she wanted to do things to me I could never see happening. I was afraid to touch her and see the rest. They both shuddered.
Hey, you, Someone called from down the hall, Sylas turned and saw his buddy with the temper approaching.
Goody, Sylas mumbled with a sigh and Twitch chuckled.
Its wise @$$, Twitch joked under his breath as he got closer.
Look kid, He jabbed a finger at Sylas, I dont know who you think you are coming into MY school and trying to take over. But Im not going to just stand here and let you do it, if you dont back off Ill kill you. Got it? He said; a crowd was forming around them. Everyone looked to Sylas, expecting him to take the scolding and turn in the other direction.
Heh, A few more people crowded around as Sylas closed the distance between the two of them in one large step. Sylas had a good foot more height than him and they were chest to chest, glaring into each others eyes. Id like to see you try.
Sylas, Twitch pulled him away, If you get in a fight on your first day mom will murder you. The other guy grabbed Twitch by the back of his collar.
Move out of my way you fracking queer! He threw Twitch against the lockers and tried to tackle Sylas to the ground. Sylas locked his legs and flexed all his muscles so the guy simply bounced off him and landed on the ground in a daze.
He was back up in a heartbeat and had his fists risen, He took a swing at Sylas. Sylas dodged the attack and back handed him into the lockers; he slid down to the floor, unconscious. Sylas looked at Twitch, he was okay but he was staring wide eyed at the unconscious body at his feet.
Come on, Sylas turned and walked away from the scene with Twitch following him, a few people were tagging along and complementing him. He nodded to them and kept walking down the halls to their next class.
Sylas, Twitch was shaking, Do you have any idea what you just did? His voice broke at the end.
That guy was a menace and he was a jerk who thought he was the toughest dog in the junk yard, Sylas rounded a corner and stopped to talk to Twitch, He dealed drugs, stole money and cars, wanted to be in a mob. He needed to be knocked off his high horse before he killed someone; he had a gun in his waistband and was planning on killing someone at lunch to make it in a gang. Twitchs mouth fell open.
I, I didnt know that, He was still shaking, Sylas, what if he shot you or something?
It wouldnt have fazed me, but I guess if I got shot and didnt go down that would be very suspicious. Sylas sighed; he could hear the thoughts of an irritated teacher marching down the hall. We should get to class.
Good idea, Twitch started walking to the next class and Sylas followed. The teacher rounded the corner behind them, but before they were spotted they slipped into the classroom.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment