Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 38 - I'm scared of Doctors!

This stroy is by Hanna.

This is based of a dream I had a while back, I plan on finishing it!

All character belong to me except the obvious (Greek gods and so on...)

Chapter 38 - I'm scared of Doctors!

Chapter 38 - I'm scared of Doctors!
Auroras feet were tapping in a rhythm on the ground and her hands were wringing her shirt. Damon had brought her to a clinic that looked normal, but he had slipped his mask down when he talked to the receptionist to show he was an immortal.
We need to talk to a specialist, That was when he slipped his mask down, About a pregnancy test. He leaned in and murmured very quietly that Aurora was human.
Alright, Her long acrylic nails tapped on the keyboard, Dr. Kloud will be with you in a little bit. Make yourselves comfortable, he may be a while. And now here they were twenty long minutes later; she was fidgeting nervously with her clothing and taking deep breathes, Damon was sitting in the chair beside her with one long leg stretched outward, he looked to be reading a health magazine.
A door opened and a nurse walked out with a clipboard, Aurora straightened but the nurse called the name of the one other patient. She slumped back into the seat with an aggravated sigh, she saw Damon slip her a look.
Do you want me to go get you something, a drink? He asked in a soft voice, Aurora bit into her lip and noticed how dry her mouth was. He lifted himself out of the chair and disappeared down a hallway. For the short time that he was gone the panic eased in and boxed her, all she saw was darkness. The darkness was almost too thick to be air. Damons hand on her thigh snapped her out of it, he handed her a cold bottle of water.
Thank you, She squeaked.
Honey, He kissed her forehead, Relax, its going to be okay. She opened her mouth to argue when a petite nurse called her name. Her jaw snapped shut and her hands clutched the chair in a death hold.
Aurora, Damon pried her hands free from the chair and hooked and arm around her waist, he half pulled her down the hallway behind the nurse. Its alright. Her legs refused to bring her farther so he scooped her up.
I forgot, She stuttered, Im terrified of doctors. Her voice was raising octaves higher than usual.
I wont let them hurt you, He cooed and kissed the top of her head, Youre safe with me. Aurora had a flashback to when she got blood drawn for a test; the needle went in wrong and bruised her vein. The bruise could be seen along her whole arm and shed lost feeling in her hand for a few days. She shuddered involuntarily.
What about shots, or blood tests? Her hands were clutching his shirt.
Youll be fine, love. He said and turned into a room and layed her down on the exam stretcher, he pulled up a chair beside her and held her hand. The nurse closed the door and sat down at the desk. She took Auroras temperature and blood pressure; she asked the usual questions about allergies and what pills she was on at the time. After writing all this down she stood and left after reassuring them the doctor wouldnt be long.
Do you know this doctor? Aurora asked; her voice small and shaky.
Yes, Damon said and rubbed his thumb soothingly over her knuckles, I met with him about a previous medical problem.
What happened? She was trying to distract herself, and failing.
I dont think you want to hear about it, it was gruesome. He closed his eyes and let out a small sigh through his nose.
Tell me anyway, She made herself look eager.
Alright, He said in a you asked for it tone, A while ago I had to see him because, He paused and shook his head, A rival of mine thought it would be funny to remove all my organs and put them in a bag for me, Kloud had to put them all back. Just then Dr. Kloud walked in with a friendly smile.
Ah, yes, Damon. Its so nice to see you again, and in one piece. He chuckled and lifted Damons shirt, I see it healed nicely, no scarring, wonderful.
Yes, you did a very good job. He said and slid a look to Aurora, he squeezed her hand gently. Auroras nervous about this, she has medical phobias.
I see, Dr. Kloud sat down and slid the chair over to Auroras side, opposite Damon. What is it that you are afraid of?
Needles, She forced out, her voice sounded tiny and mouse-like, And new things scare me too.
Well, Aurora, I will need a blood test to see if youre body can support an immortal embryo. Her throat and grip tightened, But I can get the sample by pricking your finger, is that better for you? She nodded; it was only a little better but still not her favorite.
Also, well need to perform a pap smear to see if youre all okay down there, He said, Have you had one before? She shook her head and a tiny animal noise came from her throat. It doesnt hurt, its just uncomfortable but since its your first time Ill warm up the tools first. She glanced over at Damon, he didnt look to happy about this.
After all the exams are done well need a urine sample to test for the pregnancy. He said and motioned to a container, she shuddered. We should have the results in a couple of days. Aurora took a deep breath.
Alright, lets just get this over with. She murmured and sat up.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment