Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 43 - What's your excuse this time?

This stroy is by Hanna.

This is based of a dream I had a while back, I plan on finishing it!

All character belong to me except the obvious (Greek gods and so on...)

Chapter 43 - What's your excuse this time?

Chapter 43 - What's your excuse this time?
All the hair on Sylas neck stood up, he could feel his brother near. His body tensed but he tried to ignore it and continue playing the video game. Chet was beating him but not by much.
Are you even trying anymore? He teased and nudged Sylas with his leg; Sylas grinned and sped by Chet, taking first place. Chet grumbled and tried to catch up, but Sylas took a turn carefully and won by inches.
Being cocky wont get you far, Chet. Sylas said as he stood and stretched.
Where are you going? He asked.
I need some air, He responded and started toward the door. Chet stood and started following him.
Ill come too, Im afraid of what Ill hear. He joked and cocked his head to listen in the direction of Twitchs room. A few minutes before, Twitch and Joe had retreated to his room to talk.
I think you should stay in here, Sylas said, Chet seemed to notice the warning in his voice.
Why, whats out there? Chet asked and went on high alert.
My brother, Sylas sighed; Chets eyebrows nearly flew past his hairline, So you know him?
Y-yes, Chet said and retreated back to the couch, he sat and pressed back into the cushions. Sylas could hear his brothers faint laugh outside, Chets eyes widened and swiftly checked around the room. Hed heard it too.
Dont worry, hes here for me. Sylas reassured him, Chet nodded but his expression clearly said that he was afraid for Sylas. He gave Chet a small smile and patted him on the knee. He continued outside and circled around back and followed his brothers scent to the large oak in the back. The tree that hed knocked over before was still laying there beside it. Damon dropped down from the tree and landed silently.
Sylas, He said with a smile.
What is it this time? Sylas growled, Damon looked up in the tree and motioned for someone or something to join him. Lucifer landed beside him with a loud thud. Sylas gasped when he saw him; Lucifer was covered in wounds.
This is business, Sylas. Damon explained, Lucifer was keeping an eye on you for me when he was attacked by a Lycan. Im here to warn you and beg you to take on another form.
I understand your concern, but do you know how many are in the area? Sylas was all business, he knew how much of a nuisance werewolves were.
No, Lucifer only came across one and it was alone. Damon said and motioned to Lucifers wounds, As you can see, it was too strong to be a loner.
I came across a young one today, so obviously there is a family somewhere in the area. Sylas sighed, Im not sure what form I can take to ease their anxiety.
Anything but a vampire, Damon said quickly, Im going to spend the day looking for the Alpha tomorrow, maybe I can arrange something.
Id take back-up if I were you, Sylas said after a quick look at Lucifers injuries. Damon nodded in agreement, following his gaze. Sylas started to ask about Aurora when Damon held up his hand, silencing him. Damon leaped up into the tree and Sylas took a step forward, before he could get any closer Damon landed in front of him again. This time Aurora was in his arms bridal style. She looked up at Sylas and smiled.
Sylas! She cried out happily and crawled out of Damons arms to hug Sylas around the waist. Damons eyes widened and he tried to grab her again but she was already out of reach. Sylas soon found out why he didnt want Aurora to touch him, the instant her arms were around him her new memories rushed into his head.
Sylas hissed and pulled away swiftly, but it was too late, hed already seen all of them. Aurora was looking at him, pained and confused. Then realization hit her and she retreated back over to Damon who stepped in front of her in a protective crouch, Lucifer joined Damon and blocked her off from view in his demon form.
You, Sylas snarled through his teeth, now fangs, How dare you violate her in such a way!
Sylas, please, it was my fault too! Aurora said from behind the two of them, she was trying to get around Damon but he had a hold on her with one arm.
Aurora, youre only human, but HE has control. Sylas said and crouched down, his claws ready to strike. Suddenly a large mass knocked him off his feet from the side; he leaped back and spun to face his attacker. He came face to face with an eight foot tall wolf-man on two legs, ripping his brother apart would have to wait.
The werewolf barked a laugh and opened its muzzle in a grin, its tongue falling out the side. Sylas quickly looked at Damon and Lucifer, Lucifer was leaving with Aurora on his back and Damon was circling around the beast to attack from behind. Damon met his eyes and nodded.
The werewolf cocked an ear back and turned on Damon, pinning him down. There was a moment of piercing light and the beast howled in pain, his cry choked off and he turned to ashes. Sylas stayed frozen in place as Damon got up and started to kick around the ashes, making sure the werewolf couldnt regenerate.
Sylas looked at the house and noticed the three boys staring out at them, faces pressed to the glass. Chet looked to Sylas with wide eyed horror. His eyes traveled away as Sylas felt Damon at his side, Damon layed a hand on Sylas chest and he flinched away from the touch.
Easy, youre bleeding. He mumbled and pressed his hand to his chest again. Sylas looked down and saw blood seeping through his shirt.
Itll be healed by morning, He said and pulled away from Damon, Where did he take Aurora?
I told him to return in a half hour, Damon crossed his arms and put his weight on his left leg, Until then, Id like to talk to you. Sylas groaned and rolled his eyes.
Im going to take a shot in the dirt and guess that its about me joining you in your quest for power, Sylas said, I already gave you my answer.
Sylas, He sighed, Suppose that our creators had given us further instructions, what do you think they wouldve wanted you to do after you rid the world of demons? Just fade into the background as a mortal, or take control?
The world will always have demons, Im sure they were aware of that. They just wanted a controlled number; like rabbits in Australia, the way they keep trying to bring the population to a controlled number. Sylas said.
Hmm, Damon pursed his lips slightly, True. His eyes flicked to the house and his eyebrow rose slightly, Sylas didnt have to turn to know that Karen was watching.
Is everything alright, Sylas? She asked; Sylas turned to face her.
Yes, He replied and nodded once, she smiled.
Just wondering sine were running out of good trees. She laughed nervously; Sylas jumped when Damon barked out a laugh. He turned back to his brother; Damon was looking at the fallen tree. He walked over to the tree and examined it thoughtfully; he looked up and smiled at Karen.
Then he leaned down and pulled the oak off the ground, pushing it back into its proper position and sealing it there. The tree seemed to come alive for a moment as Damons magic flowed through it, its branches waving back up to the sky from their depressed and broken piles. It shuddered and sighed, going back to its original pose before it had fallen.
How did you&? She trailed off, her eyes wide and her jaw dropped.
Thats my way of apologizing, Damon said and walked over to Karen, he took her hand, We havent been properly introduced, He kissed her knuckles; Im Damon.
Karen, She replied quietly with a light blush on her cheeks; one of the boys made a gagging noise. Sylas looked to the window and realized it was Twitch who had done it. Damons charm wasnt fooling him.
Its very nice to meet you, Karen. Damon said and lowered her hand back to her side.
Come inside, its getting cold out. Karen said and started walking toward the house; Damon followed her with Sylas behind him. When they got into the house the boys were nowhere to be seen.
May my brother and I speak in private? Damon asked in a velvety voice, Karen nodded, powerless. She moved out of the room quickly.
Womanizer, Sylas said and Damon shrugged.
Back to business, He said and took a seat on the couch, looking completely out of place. Sylas stayed standing and crossed his arms.
Why is it so important to you that we join forces? Sylas asked.
I want the same thing that you do, Sylas. I want peace between mortals and immortals. He said and folded his hands behind his head.
And how would our alliance do this?
For centuries the war between the two has been silent, but each day more and more mortals die to become demons. The demons are out of control at this point and too many good forces have fallen. You are one of the few things that stand in their way, you and me.
Despite what you think, the demons who serve me want change; they are the few who dont want war. I have control over the others but there are too many for me to watch all at once. I need you to help me control the two, if you joined me youd be in charge of the bad along with me to help me put the violence to rest.
I dont know if youve noticed, Sylas said, But considering that Ive been hunting them down and killing them, they dont exactly like me. Damon chuckled.
They dont like you because they fear you, which makes the idea of you being in charge even more appealing. He smiled.
So youve been betraying them, Sylas said and Damon opened his mouth to say something but Sylas continued, Just like you did before, with me and our creators.
No, you have it all wrong. You all jumped to the conclusion that I was joining the enemy, when the truth was that Id come up with a plan of my own; with much less bloodshed and death. He said, his brows coming together in a frown.
I dont believe you, Sylas said quietly, looking away, I saw the amusement in your eyes, the pure evil there that layed in shadow.
Sylas, I was amused because some of the demons didnt want to fight and the pure irony humored me. The evil that you saw was the hatred I felt for myself for finding this humorous, it disgusted me that I had darkness in my mind. Damons voice was quiet as well; Sylas slid a look at him. His brother was sitting forward staring at the floor; his red eyes were distressed and blank.
If what you say is true, then explain something for me. Sylas watched his brother collect himself and nod, What is the plan that you mentioned?
I was going to go to the demon leader and ask to join his force, but as a spy and not as a traitor like you all assumed. I managed to convince him I was serious after, Damon stopped briefly and made an angry face, After I brought fifty mortal souls to him to be converted to demons, and to do it without hesitation like someone with guilt would. I did it and gained his trust.
He let me in and I fought with them, soon I learned that the Gods were calling me a traitor so I killed the demon leader. I hoped it would convince them that I was still good, but it had the opposite effect when the demons made me leader. I had to keep their trust or risk my plan failing, so I lead the final attack with the idea that it would fail.
Then you found your potential and started killing off the demons, Damon smiled slightly, shaking his head, I couldnt believe how fast you were, how many demons you went through! When youd killed off most of them is when I met Lucifer, he came clean to me about not wanting war. So I told him about my plan and in exchange he told me about a group of demons who were forging their own alliance as good demons.
I met them all and we made a plan to surrender to you and explain everything, but on the way I was captured and falsely accused then sealed in that damned volcano. He stopped and shrugged, Thats everything. Sylas bit into his lip and thought the story over, it seemed reasonable.
Would Lucifer back up your claim? Sylas asked.
Yes, he would, and you could see his thoughts are the same as well. Damon said and his eyes were anxious and nervous; he was also wringing the hem of his shirt.
Why are you fidgeting so much? Sylas asked; Damons eyebrow twitched.
Im waiting for you to jump me, He said, a smile threatening to break out on his face. Sylas narrowed his eyes at him, remembering Auroras memory.
Boys, Karen called from the kitchen to everyone, not just to Sylas and Damon but to Twitch, Chet and Joe as well, Dinners on the table! Sylas sniffed the air and the aroma made his mouth water.
Smells good, Damon said and stood swiftly, to fast to be human. Sylas went into a defensive position and Damon turned his side to him in his own defense pose. They both had their eyes narrowed at each other and their lips were curled back slightly, Sylas showed some teeth but Damon didnt.
You two look like cats in each others space, Karen said with a giggle.
More like junk yard dogs, Joe teased, out of the corner of his eye Sylas saw Chet give his brother a worried look. Damon relaxed and walked into the dinning room, his eyes on Sylas the whole way. Sylas straightened but didnt relax as he followed and took a seat far away from Damon.
Twitch sat next to Damon with Joe beside him, Chet was between his brother and Sylas; Karen sat on the other side of Damon. Chet reached under the table and squeezed Sylas fist, Sylas unclenched his hand but still didnt relax. Karen, Joe and Twitch were all gazing at Damon like he was the last piece of chocolate in existence.
So, Joe started, putting his elbow on the table and resting his chin in his hand, he leaned toward Damon with a smile. Where are you from? Damon met Sylas glare for a moment and everyone glanced at Sylas.
Italy, Damon said.
That explains your accent, Twitch said, Its a lot more noticeable than Sylas is. Its super sexy, especially the way it mixes in with the American.
Steve, Karen warned and turned to Damon with a wide smile, Is there a misses? Karen, Twitch and Joe all leaned forward hoping for a miracle.
Its complicated, Damon replied, But I do love her, He glanced at Sylas again but this time nobody noticed, Shes my world. His three admirers all frowned and leaned away, Twitch slumped in his chair. His thoughts flowed into Sylas head; I knew it was too good to be true! Sylas saw a smile twitch at the corners of Damons mouth; hed heard the thought too.
Do you need a place to stay tonight? Karen asked.
No, I should actually be leaving soon. I came to switch with Sylas quickly before going to work. He said and stood; he looked at Sylas and motioned for him to follow. Sylas followed him out of the dinning room, through the house to the door and outside to the street. They stood on the sidewalk, completely normal men at first glance. Except Damons glowing red eyes, luckily his hooded sweatshirt hid his horns.
Theyll be here in about ten minutes, Damon said quietly, his eyes were looking down the street. Sylas listened and heard a car coming, about to turn down the block. When it did the headlights hit Damons eyes, they reflected the light like an animals did. The car crawled by them, the occupants were looking out at Sylas. He recognized a few faces from school.
The car went a few feet farther and stopped, doors opened and three people stepped out, one of them had a metal baseball bat. Damon shielded the red glow of his eyes as he looked back at them; he turned back to Sylas and rolled his eyes. In his head he heard Damons voice, friends of yours I presume? Sylas nodded and grinned, maybe if Damon had stayed pure, he thought to himself, we couldve been friends now.
Yo, kid, One of the guys said, he was stalking toward them bravely, You Sylas?
Yes, but why does it matter to you? Sylas asked; his voice fearless and vaguely threatening.
You messed with the wrong guy, dog! The one with the bat said as he approached, he lifted the bat and prepared to strike even though he was still to far away. They all got within arms reach of Damon when he laughed a menacing chuckle, stopping them in their tracks.
Whore you? Asked one of the boys, he looked like he was about to run and bolt. Damons voice sounded in Sylas head again, I have ALWAYS wanted to say this!
Im, He dropped his hood and turned to face the group, they all went bug eyed, Your worst nightmare.
S-sa-s-sa-SATAN! One of the boys screamed, the one with the bat dropped it and bolted across the street and jumped a fence. Another ran flat out down the street screaming and holding on to his pants as they began to slide down. The last one stood frozen in place making small noises, he was opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water, his eyes rolled into the back of his head and fell over backwards.
Sylas bent over and put his hands on his knees, shaking in silent laughter. Then the smell of urine sent him over the edge, he was laughing loudly enough that it echoed off the trees and houses. Damon was in the same state but leaning against a stop sign.
That was, Sylas gasped for air between hysterics, More than hilarious! Damon was snorting into his hand trying to hold back another wave of laughter; they mustve already woken up the whole city.
The kid on the ground started to stir slightly, he moaned and twitched. Damon waved his hand toward him and he disappeared. They both straightened and took deep breathes until they could trust themselves, but it wasnt working for Damon, he had a full blown case of the giggles.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment