Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 27 - part 18...ending...

a story that i just made up...

Chapter 27 - part 18...ending...

Chapter 27 - part 18...ending...
You slowly open your eyes and find that you're back in your own room. (Of course you didn't die, geeze people!) You glance around and see Botan sitting in a chair next to you. "Omg! You're awake!!" she says cheerfully. "How long have I been out?" You say and wince as you try to sit up. "Only four days. Yukina tried to heal you as best she could, but you've got a lot of nasty wounds there." Botan said. Suddenly it hit you, "Hiei! Is he alright!?" You tried to get up, but failed miserabley. "Easy there Mel. Yes He's fine, he woke up two days ago and is in much better shape then you so you better relax. I'll go tell the others your up." She smiled and left. "Thank you." you said quietly. Soon the whole gang came running into your room and shouting with joy. Yusuke reached over to pat you on the shoulder, but you recoiled from his hand. Everyone fell silent and starred at you, Yusuke looked slightly hurt. "I'm sorry I just...I" words completely failed you, you couldn't even explain why you had moved away. Suddenly the picture of the men beating you came into your mind and you felt your hands begin to shake. "Mel? Mel it's ok, you're safe now." Kurama said. "I'm sorry, I guess I just need some rest." you lied and faked a smile. Everyone walked out of your room, but Hiei had seen right through you. He made eye contact with you and didn't break it. Then the picture of him being in pain because of you filled your mind and you looked away. He left and closed the door, you fell asleep. While you were sleeping everyone else was in the common room. "We all saw what happened to her, I can't even imagine the pain she must have been in. I wouldn't be surprised if she shut her emotions out completely..I would probably do the same." Kurama said and everyone looked extremley grave. "She's suffering." Hiei said and that was all he said for the rest of the night. "Nah you guys she just needs so time, she'll come around." Kuwabara said. "I sure hope your right." Yusuke replied. -Back to you- You had only been asleep a few hours when nightmares of the past two weeks filled your mind. You screamed and sat upright, breathing heavily. Everyone ran to your room, "It was just a nightmare." you panted, "I'm fine.", "You don't want to be left alone, do you?" Kurama said, you shook your head no. "Grab your sleeping bags boys and girls we're having a sleep over!" Yusuke said. About fifteen minutes later Yusuke, Kurama, Yukina, Botan, Kuwabara and Hiei piled into your room with pillows and sleeping bags. You grinned. They spent the rest of the night sleeping in your room and every time it seemed like you were having a nightmare some one would gently wake you. -Fast Forward one week- Everything went back to normal..well sort of, you even had a mission. But everyone noticed how different you were, you jumped at almost every noise and completely shut out your emotions towards everyone. Hiei had no clue what to do and decided to give you some space and time. One night during dinner you spaced out. Kurama tapped you on the shoulder to ask for the salt and you almost had a heart attack. "I'm sorry..here..I'm going to bed." You handed Kurama the salt and walked to your room in a hurry. "Hiei, your the only one who even remotely knows how she feels, she needs you." Kurama said. Hiei nodded and followed you to your room. Hiei knocked on your door. "Can I come in?" You didn't answer so he walked in. You were sitting on the edge of your bed starring at the wall. You looked up at him and stood up. Before you could say anything Hiei pulled you into a hug, "Mel what happened to you?" he whispered. You, on the other hand, were pounding your fists into his chest (not hard) and for the first time in what seemed like forever you cried, you all out cried. "Why won't this pain go away, make it stop, I don't want to hurt anymore, I don't want to hurt.." You sobbed and slowly stopped pounding your fists into him. Now you just clutched his shirt by his chest and pulled him closer, "Why won't this pain go away Hiei?" you cried. Then you noticed Hiei was sniffing. You backed away from him and he sunk to the floor, he was crying too. You stood there in shock for a second then went over and sat by him, "Hiei..", "Melody I'm so sorry for everything. I caused you so much pain and suffering. The day you were kidnapped the last thing I said to you was 'Hn' because I hadn't trusted you and yet you still fought with your life to save me..I'm such a fool." He cried even harder now and buried his face in his hands. For the first time since you were kidnapped you weren't afraid to let your emotions show again, you wrapped your arms around Hiei's stomach, "You know the only thing that kept me going while I was there was the thought that you were safe. When you showed up I didn't know what to do or feel because I feared for your life. Then I realized that you were willing to give your life for me and for the first time I felt..loved." you said and he looked up, his eyes were red from crying and you knew yours probably were too. "Melody I will always love you." He said and kissed you. You flinched a little and he pulled away in your head he said *you're safe now* and you replied *as long as I'm with you I'll always be safe*. You leaned in and kissed him. When you broke away he smiled them kissed your neck and made his way back to your lips. You never felt happier in your entire life and the two of you fell asleep in each others arms that night. At first you found Hiei couldn't sleep so you sang to him until he did, then you fell into a dreamless sleep as well. The next morning you woke up before Hiei so you got dressed and headed to the common room, everyone else was already there. For a moment you all just starred at each other and then you cracked a huge grin and hugged everyone in turn (yes even Kuwabara). "Glad you're back" Kurama whispered to you. "Me too." You answered and picked him up in a bear hug. Everyone started cracking up and Hiei made his way to the common room. He looked at you and grinned as well and then, for the first time, joined in the laughter and fun with everyone. That night you and Hiei sat in your favorite tree together. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you Mel." He said. At first you didn't answer and you heard him shifting nervously and smiled. You turned to the branch he was on and looked him in the eyes, "Come with me." you said simply. Hiei looked at you confused and it began to rain, "Come on let's get inside." He said and jumped down from the tree. You jumped down beside him and took his hand, but you didn't move to go inside. He turned to face you and you held him close. The wind kicked up and spun around you, it lifted you guys off the ground and Hiei grinned, "Ok I'll come with you." He said and you let the wind pick you up above the treeline. The rain stopped, but the wind held you in place, there was a full moon and the stars were shining brightly. "Wow." Hiei managed to say and you kissed him softly, "I promise I'll never leave your side." You told him and he promised the same. ~THE END~

OMG! i wrote all this. *tries not to cry* this is the first story i have ever compleated! thanks wizzyfur for telling me to continue. thanks people who read this but diddent say any thing. thanks bryan(my bf) for helping me with the story by iming me when i nearly fell asleep at the key board! *hugs every one*


PS: im working on another story already!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kaoko_the_cat_demon on November 18, 2004, 2:12:54 AM

Kaoko_the_cat_demon on
Kaoko_the_cat_demonthats so sweet! kinda corny, but cute!!! u have to write more stories!!!!