Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Slade's Plan

What happens when Slade decides to take one of the Teen Titan's as his apprentice? Who will it be? This is my first fanfic! Enjoy!

Chapter 3 - Slade's Plan

Chapter 3 - Slade's Plan


“Where the hell is she?!” Robin yelled as he slammed his hands against the table.

“Calm down, Robin,” Raven said as her eyes scanned the giant screen in front of her.

Suddenly a small red dot entered the screen and was rapidly flying across it, “There she is!” Beast Boy exclaimed as he pointed towards the screen.

The remaining Titans quickly jumped into action and ran down to the T-Car. It took no time getting there, a large warehouse, “Her communication device has been turned off, but it is still tracking her,” Cyborg said as he checked the small screen on his arm.

Robin had already taken off into the building and the others hurried to follow. Once inside the Boy Wonder looked around. The only light was the rays of sun flowing through the dusty windows, “Slade!” He yelled.

The others looked around in surprise. Why would Slade use a place like this for a hideout?

Suddenly, a green light lit the room even brighter. There, in the middle of the warehouse, was Starfire, holding up her arm that had a large Starbolt on it. She just stood there, looking at the Titans with emotionless eyes.

“Star,” Robin said as he took a step forward.

From behind Starfire, many Slade-looking robots emerged. They charged at the Titans as Starfire stood there. Robin quickly dodged them all and ran for the strange alien girl as the rest of the Titans were left to handle themselves.

Raven lifted some random boxes off of the ground and tossed them at the robots as Beast Boy transformed into a T-Rex and stomped on the Slade look a likes. Cyborg had his Cannon Blaster drawn; shooting each robot that came near.

“Starfire… are you ok?” Robin asked as he moved closer to the girl with an outstretched hand.

Suddenly the Starbolt that was placed at the end of the girl's hand shot for Robin. He narrowly dodged it and exclaimed, “Star! Stop this! I know you can fight it!”

Robin's words didn't affect Starfire at all. She lifted off the ground and threw Starbolts at the Boy Wonder. He dodged a few and got hit by others. Usually, Robin wouldn't do this, but the boy turned and started to run. He ran away from the alien girl, not wanting himself to get hurt, as well as Starfire.

The orange girl flew after him, tossing Starbolts at his feet. Robin ran up a metal staircase and Starfire followed. At the top, there was nothing. It was merely a platform high in the air. Starfire landed on the platform as Robin turned around.

“Come on Star! Snap out of it!” Robin yelled.





Meanwhile, the other Titan's were busy fighting their own battle. Once they destroyed one batch of robots, more would emerge, “This is pointless, we have to find the cause of these,” Raven shouted as she used her powers to rip apart a few robots.

“Well we know the source; Slade!” Cyborg hollered back.

“We have to find where they are coming from is what I meant,” Raven said as she watched Beast Boy transform into an alligator and chomp down on some of the moving machines.

Cyborg looked on and saw a large door, in which many robots were coming from, “There!” He yelled as he pointed to the door.

Beast Boy transformed into an eagle and flew towards the door as Raven floated into the air and Cyborg plowed his way through the robots.





Starfire now had the Boy Wonder around the throat with her left hand. Her right hand was above his head, a Starbolt at the end of it, ready to strike, “Star… don't… do this!” Robin chocked between breaths.

Again, this didn't affect Starfire. She just stared at him with emotionless eyes, “Sad isn't it, Robin?” Slade's voice rang through the warehouse, “You will be killed by you own girlfriend,”

Suddenly, a small tear rolled down Starfire's cheek. She didn't want to do this! She was watching what was going on, but she didn't have control of her body! Starfire's right hand crept closer to Robin.

“Sorry… Star,” Robin said.

Her grasp loosened as Robin's foot rose. `This was the only way!' Robin told himself as his foot slammed her right in the stomach and caused her to stumble backwards, and fall straight down the steps.

“Starfire!” Robin yelled. This wasn't suppose to happen, she was merely supposed to stumble, not tumble.

The Boy Wonder nearly jumped down the steps to Starfire. She laid at the bottom of the steps, her eyes closed and her body lying limp, “Star…” Robin's voice trailed off as his eyes slowly pricked with tears.

He knelt down beside her and lifted her head. That was when Slade stepped out, his hands grasped behind his back and snickering, “This is not how I planned, but it did end nicely.” He said as he hovered over the two.

Robin scowled up at Slade and gently laid Starfire back down, “I'll kill you!” He yelled as he launched off the ground and onto Slade.

Slade chuckled and easily pushed the boy away, “Your emotions are taking the best of you,” He said.

Robin was trying hard to fight back the tears. He flung a hand out to Slade and the older man easily caught it. Slade twisted his arm and Robin winced, “I will finish you now,” He whispered as the Boy Wonder dropped to the ground.

Slade pulled out small switchblade and held it to Robin's neck, “Your emotions are controlling you… there is no way you can e…” Slade was cut off by a flash of green light hitting his hand and knocking the blade away.

“You will not hurt my friend!” A voice called.

“Starfire!” Robin exclaimed as he saw the orange alien girl. Next to her lay a small, black and orange microchip.

Starfire floated up into the air and quickly flew towards Slade, Starbolts forming at the end of her hand. Her eyes glowed bright green and she rammed into Slade, knocking him backwards, “Not a smart move, girl!” Slade yelled as he pushed her off and reached into his belt.

Before he had time to pull anything out, Robin's foot shot him in the jaw. The man in orange and black fell back over, but quickly recovered. He looked up and saw Robin with his metal bo out, right beside him was Starfire, floating in the air with Starbolts around her hands, “It's over Slade, give up,” Robin said.

“Oh, it's far from over Robin,” Slade said as he reached into his belt and pulled out a metal disk.

Before the two Titans could act, Slade threw it on the ground and smoke engulfed their vision, “No!” Robin choked.

Starfire held her arm over her nose and looked around through the smoke. Her vision was blurred and she was coughing badly. When the smoke finally cleared, the two glanced around. Slade was gone.

Starfire touched down on the ground and said, “The bad man Slade… is gone?”

Suddenly, Starfire was almost knocked over. Robin had ran up and hugged her tightly, “I thought you were never coming back, Star.” Robin whispered in her ear.

“I am sorry friend Robin,” Starfire said as she hugged him back, “I am sorry that I made you and the others worry,”

“That's ok,” Robin said as he let go of the embrace and stared at his friend.

Starfire smiled at him and clasped her hands together, “I am ready to return home now!” She exclaimed happily.

Robin sighed in relief that Starfire was back to her normal, cheery self, “Are you ok, Starfire? I didn't mean to hurt you,” Robin lowered his head slightly.

“I am the ok! Do not be sorry friend Robin! You had to do what was necessary!” Starfire told him.

Robin gave her a smile when the others came running up, they obviously had defeated all the robots, “Star you're ok!” Beast Boy exclaimed as he nearly tackled the girl into a literal `bear hug'.

Beast Boy let her go and transformed back into his normal self as Cyborg patted the alien girl on her shoulder, “Welcome back, Star.” He said happily.

Raven was happy to see her too. She even put on a smile and hugged the girl slightly. She let go and then returned under her hood. Robin walked over to the place where Starfire laid only a few minutes ago and picked up the black and orange microchip. He studied it for a moment then crushed it in his grasp, “Let's hope that never happens again.” He said as he dropped the many pieces onto the floor.

The others nodded in agreement and then finally headed back for the Tower.





Later that night, Starfire sat on the roof of the Tower, hugging her knees and looking to the crescent moon. She was thinking about what happened earlier. How she nearly killed Robin. How he was crying… for her.

Suddenly, a shadow engulf her body and a boy sat next to her, “Hello Star,” Robin said as he took a seat next to her, “Why are you up her all by yourself?” He asked.

“I was thinking… about today.” She replied, still looking at the moon.

“Yeah? What about it?” The Boy Wonder questioned.

“I had no control over my body. The bad man Slade was controlling me. I could see you and hear you telling me to stop… but I could not,” Her head dropped slightly.

“It's ok Star, it wasn't your fault,” Robin said softly.

“But I could have harmed you… or worse killed you,”

“But you didn't,”

“That is because you stopped me,”

“Oh… yeah… sorry about that,” Robin put on an innocent smile, but then dropped it when he saw that Starfire wasn't happy.

“But why did he choose me to be the bad person? Why not someone else?” Starfire questioned.

“Because he knew that none of the Teen Titans would harm you. He knew that we wouldn't even try to fight you. He knew that we cared too much about you… that I cared too much about you,” Robin answered.

Starfire smiled and leaned over, resting her head on the Boy Wonder's shoulder. He put an arm around her shoulder and laid his head on hers, “I'm just glad it's all over Star,” Robin whispered as they both stared into the bright moon.





A/N: YAY!! So romantic! I couldn't help it! I HAD TO PUT IT IN THERE!!! Well that's the end of the story. 3 short chapters took me a long time to write because I lost interest in it. Well this last chapter came to me in a dream, not kidding! It really did! Well I hoped you enjoyed! Comments are welcome!



~*~Katie~*~

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shimmergirlshine123 on April 21, 2006, 12:59:24 AM

shimmergirlshine123 on
shimmergirlshine123Wow. that is a rlly gd story!*starts crying* But i want robin! Its not fair! normally i wouls hate star, but this story is soo sweet!Awwwwwwwww!

\m/*_*\m/

boo_boo_bubble on July 31, 2005, 3:39:28 PM

boo_boo_bubble on
boo_boo_bubblethat was a really great story!

ShadowLord on July 17, 2005, 12:33:45 AM

ShadowLord on
ShadowLord(sniff) SO HAPPY!!! (cries) Are they going to get married!?!?!?!?!? ^_^

shinzolove on June 12, 2005, 10:24:05 AM

shinzolove on
shinzolovecool story