Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Suzume

A story about a normal thief girl, the town she lives in, and the monster that will destroy them all.

Chapter 1 - Suzume

Chapter 1 - Suzume
BACKOF BOOK PREVIEW
Coldearly morning mists rolled through the deserted town. No one passingthrough would have ever thought that just two days ago it had been ahappy little village full of life. Buildings were demolished, bonesscattered the ground. The only thing fresh about the town were thebloody footprints leaving the town. The air smelt of blood and onecould almost hear the screams of victims echoing along the alleyways.What happened to this town? The correct question is WHO happened toit.
Windlashed about on the open plains below the mountains where the oncepeaceful village slept. A delicate figure moved quickly across theplains searching for shelter. The unrelenting wind whipped the girlshair across her face stinging her eyes. Her clothes were that of athieves and a small sack of coins hung from her belt. Agile as shewas she occasionally tripped on brambles and thorns.
Fearalong with blood was covering her face and clothing. She was runningfrom the monster that had desecrated the village. She tripped andlooked behind her as she got up. She turned and screamed. The monsterwas in front of her with it's fangs just inches from her throat. Shedropped to the ground exhausted from running and gave up. She threwher arms in the air revealing her bleeding cuts. In a vain effort tosave herself she tried to plead for life but her voice never reachedthe monsters ears.
Theground was bare and without life. In the middle of the plain was thegirl. She lay still her clothes soaked in her blood.

Chapter1: Suzume
Itwas a cheerful morning and a slight summer breeze drifted through themountain grasses. Sunlight seemed to pierce the small curtains of theone room apartment where Suzume slept. A sleepy hand reached down andpulled the blankets up over her head to block out the sunlight.
Loudand annoying came the persistent knocking of the Inn manager. "Getout of there you coon! I know you're in there!" His loud voiceshattered Suzumes slumber and made her flinch. "Crap..."She said quietly before ripping off the blankets and jumping out ofthe bed. Glancing at the door to make sure it was still locked shescurried around the room getting dressed and gathering her things.Once she slung her bag over her shoulders she pushed the smallbedside table under the window.
Thedoor started rattling and she heard the jingle of keys. "I'mcoming in!" Said the manager as he turned the key in the lock.Suzume jumped onto the table and started to pry open the window. Theclick of the lock announced the opening of the door. The manager camebustling in just in time to see Suzume's foot go through the window.Enraged he swirled around and ran out of the room. By the time hereached the Inn's door he was out of breath. He shook his fistswearing that he'd get her the next time.
Thesheriff of the village was working on some paper work when all thecommotion broke out. He got up and walked to the window to see whatwas happening. A young girl run past carrying a small travel bag andwearing the most inappropriate clothing. He grabbed his hat, openedhis window, and started after the girl. He had been after her forsome time now. She was a young thief but she was also one of the bestaround. She had managed to lose him several times before.
Suzumecursed herself for sleeping late. "Dang it! Why hadn't I wokenup?" She sprinted along the streets swiftly. "Even thebreakfast stands are open and busy! What time is it? How late did Isleep?!" She jumped to the side of the rode to avoid the crowds.She heard something behind her. Here he came as always. SheriffDarrian with his hat covering his deep red hair and shading hislovely green eyes. She had always liked him. But it wasn't the timeto daydream, Darrian was a quick one and he had somewhat of a passionfor trying to catch her. She dived into an alleyway and climbed up apile of trash to jump over the fence.
Darriansaw the girl notice him and dart into an alley. He skidded to a stopand turned into the alleyway. There she was climbing up the garbageto jump the fence. Not this time, he was going to catch her. He ranand jumped up onto the garbage next to her. She darted to the sidefarthest from him. He tried to grab her but she kept side steppinghim reading his attacks perfectly. She winked at him right beforejumping over the fence. "NO!" He said, his voice frustratedand angry. He jumped after her.
*Thatdarn sheriff, always with the chasing....* Suzume thought to herself.She dodged him easily and winked to him when she jumped. She keptrunning along the alley now a little ahead of Darrian who was stillchasing her. Suzume ran along the edge of the canal. The water washigh from a rainstorm they had during the night. She jumped up ontothe wall and sprinted cautiously along.
Justas he turned a corner he saw the girl jump onto the canal's wall. Hecaught up to her as fast as he could. "Hey, stop! Get back herenow! You've got allot of debts to pay off!" The girl stopped andturned to face him. She was about to say something when she lost herbalance and fell into the canal. Darrian's jaw dropped. he heard thegirl scream and then he heard a splash. He leaned over the wallexpecting to see her floating away and drowning.
Suzumesmiled up to Darrian and waved as she pushed off in a little boat. "Ireally am sorry I couldn't stick around longer, it seems our datesalways end too short. Luv ya!" She mockingly blew fake kisses tohim as she floated away.
Darriansfist slammed against the stone wall of the canal. He cursed at losingher again. She was such a smart girl, but a bit immature. He sighedand returned to his office.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment