Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - No More Friends: Almost

When Naruto is rejected from the entire village for being gay, what will Sakura do to set him up with his love? [SasukeXNaruto!]

Chapter 1 - No More Friends: Almost

Chapter 1 - No More Friends: Almost
Forever Lonely
Chapter 1 – No More Friends: Almost.

I do not own Naruto, or any of its characters. Too bad…


Naruto hated people no more than now. Naruto lay in the forest surrounding Konoha, thinking to himself, trying to rid himself of harmful memories. But the images burned into his mind. Even when he closed his eyes it was all very clear.

Flashback

“Where are you going with that gift, eh Naruto-baka?”

“Hm? Oh… I’m going to deliver it to someone.”

“Oh? You know, Sakura’s obsessed with Sasuke, Ino too, TenTen likes Neji, and Temari’s in the sand village; I wouldn’t try and deliver it to any of them if I were you, stupid. Then again, if I were you, I’d already have done us villagers a favor and killed myself.”

“… Well, that’s too bad. Because I’m done with girls; I don’t like them anyway! I like boys!”

End Flashback

And it had spread like wildfire throughout Konohagakure, and Naruto wouldn’t be surprised if it had reached Sunagakure, the village hidden in the sand. Uzumaki Naruto was gay. The following day, accusive stares followed him all around town. Kiba made an excuse that he needed to shop for his little sister’s birthday present, Shikamaru commented he heard his mother calling, and he couldn’t even find Sasuke.

No one wanted to be around him. No one liked him. They liked him before they knew. And he had always been like this; He hadn’t changed. People liked him gay, before they knew.

It didn’t make any sense to Naruto at all, but at the moment, he hated the villagers of Konoha with all of his heart. Or what was left of it. Tears filled his eyes as Naruto lay in a sunny patch of flowers in the Konoha woods. He wiped his eyes with his sleeve, but his tears didn’t stop. Eventually he leaned up against a tree, and held his legs close to him. Naruto had never before felt so secluded.

Why did people have to think it was so wrong? It was a way he was born. People didn’t choose to be gay, despite what so many people thought. “Don’t be gay,” one particularly religious villager told him. Naruto responded bitterly, “I don’t have a choice, baka; It’s something you’re born with. I didn’t choose.”

Naruto wiped his eyes quickly as he heard a rustle in the bushes. He turned his head towards the source of the noise, and called out, “W-Who’s there?” Naruto heard his voice crack when he said it.

After a moment she responded. “I-It’s me, Naruto.” Sakura’s voice. Sakura hated to see Naruto so upset. Once she had heard, she doubted it, and slapped the messenger for spreading such rumors. But upon seeing Naruto, not angry, or enraged, like he would have done if the rumors were lies, but sad, Sakura confirmed it in her mind. She would have never guessed… And hearing Naruto’s voice crack from crying so much just broke Sakura’s heart. Naruto was usually such a strong person… Poor guy, he must be going through so much right now.

Sakura stepped out of the bushes she had been walking through into the clearing of flowers, and sat next to Naruto, putting an arm around his shoulder, allowing him to lean on her.

And he did lean on her. “Th-Thanks… Sakura. But… don’t you think I’m … w-weird?”

Sakura saw what Naruto was inflicting upon himself. ‘Stupid villagers,’ she thought to herself. In a soft voice, she responded, “Of course not, Naruto-kun. You’re my friend. Just because you’re a bit different doesn’t mean I’m going to abandon you. A-Are you okay?”

Naruto shook his head a little, and tears began to seep from his eyes again. “N-No. But… Sakura-chan. Thank you for being here for me… when I need it most. Y-You really are a good friend.”

Sakura nodded a little, holding him softly. “Naruto-kun… Don’t let what they say get to you. You’re you. Remember that. Naruto, when I look at you, I don’t think ‘Hey look it’s that gay guy.’ I think, ‘Hey look! It’s Naruto!’ Other people may think rude things, but if you can learn to not care what other people think, you’ll be great.”

Naruto bit his lip at her words. “I’d love to learn to do that, but… Sakura, I have no friends anymore. It’s only you. I… I don’t want to be alone for my life… because of this.”

Sakura assured him, “Don’t worry… I’m sure people will come back once they realize you haven’t changed.”

Sakura walked Naruto home, which Naruto greatly appreciated. Naruto was glad someone was his friend. But Naruto still hadn’t heard what he thought. If he was freaked out by Naruto, and never wanted to see him again, then Naruto would be heart-broken.

That night in bed, Naruto couldn’t fall asleep. The image of the one he loved kept appearing in his mind. ‘He’ll never love me… Not in a million years,’ Naruto whispered through running tears. Naruto tried to sleep, but the image of the very cute and rude raven-haired boy kept appearing in his mind. Finally, through great struggle, Naruto slept.


Sunlight streamed through the blonde youth’s room through an opaque window to his left. Naruto let out a soft sigh, and turned in his bed to his right side. Suddenly, his eyes popped wide open. “I have a mission today! Aaah! Baka!!” Naruto jumped out of his bed in an undershirt and boxers, and turned to his bedside clock tentatively. “7:07,” he screamed, seeing he was already seven minutes late. Naruto ran to his closet, pulled on his black shirt, zipped up jumpsuit, and dashed out the door, eating ramen in a cup as he ran.


Sakura looked around nervously. Where was Naruto? Yes, Kakashi-sensei was usually an hour or so late, but Sakura was really worried about Naruto. He hadn’t done something stupid had he? On her right, leaning against the crimson bridge’s rail, was Sasuke, in his usual ‘I’m tired, so shut up’ state. Although his face didn’t suggest he was tired, it did suggest he was prone to thrash anyone who spoke. Suddenly, Sakura turned to her left, and saw a blur or blue and orange and heard a lot of yelling.

Finally, she could make out what the screaming figure was saying. “… I’m almost there, Kakashi-sensei! Don’t worry, I’m not late! No! I will make it! Ack! Stupid ramen in a cup!”

Finally, the figure got close enough for Sakura to realize it was Naruto. As he approached the bridge, he dove onto it, slapping his hand down ####### it. Naruto looked up at Sakura with a grin, and said, “Safe!”

Sakura just sighed a little and rolled her eyes playfully, but smiled at Naruto. “Good morning Naruto-kun! Don’t worry, Kakashi-sensei’s not going to be here for another good ten minutes. Overslept?”

Naruto stood up, still smiling brightly, and went to stand in front of her. “Sakura-chan, ohayoo gozaimasu Ah… Good. I was hoping he wouldn’t be here yet… Then again, what was I thinking? He’s probably ‘lost on the path of life’ again, or some other crap. And yes, I just woke up like, two minutes ago.”

Suddenly, Naruto shifted his eyes over to Sasuke, and blushed automatically. Naruto tried to read his expression to see what he was thinking, but once again Sasuke was unfathomable.

Sasuke looked at Naruto a little, thinking hard inside, but keeping a stern face. So… He’s finally revealed that he’s gay, huh? I was wondering when he would…

(A/N: The wonders of the Sharingan. @_@

Hmm… Good, maybe I can get him now… Unless he likes someone else… Let’s see… Kiba? Nah, too smart alec… Shino? Too weird… Shikamaru? Way too boring for someone like Naruto… Chouji? Too fat… Lee? …. Hahaha! Neji? No, too… blegh. So! That leaves me! Great! I’m sure he likes me… Well… I hope so.

And sometimes down there in Konoha they say: Sasuke Uchiha’s heart grew three sizes that day! (A/N: XD)

Naruto turned from Sasuke, still bright red, toward Sakura. “Well… So –“ He was cut off by a cloud of smoke that surrounded the area within seconds. After the wind scattered the smoke, Kakashi-sensei was revealed sitting atop the large scarlet arch on the left side of the bridge.

“Good morning, you three. You’ll have to excuse me for being late. A new volume of Come Come Paradise came out, and I stayed up late reading it,” was all he said, before talking about the simple, D ranked mission that were assigned, which was babysitting this little kid. Kakashi-sensei seemed rather indifferent to the news that Naruto was gay. Gay or straight, Naruto was still his student and a good person.

The three ninja walked over to the house, guided by their sensei. A very large, and scary woman let them in and showed them the little girl. She was at least three years old, and was asleep. The woman showed them some directions, scattered about in her hideous lime-green house, and then left.

The three ninja got extremely bored, considering the little girl was asleep, so Naruto started to practice some jutsu, and making a show out of it. Naruto put his hands behind his back, did a hand seal, and poof! A top hat was in his hand!

Sakura clapped enthusiastically, and Sasuke looked at him monotonously. Naruto put his hand in the hat and pulled out a lovely bouquet of flowers, whom he handed to Sakura. This act continued the whole time they completed their ‘mission’. Finally, the frightening mother arrived home, and upon seeing the baby not moved from her previous spot, handed Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke money to give to the ‘people in charge’.

They did just that, and they began to walk home. Sasuke left wordlessly at one street, leaving Sakura and Naruto alone. Suddenly, Naruto stopped in the middle of the path. He faced Sakura, and slowly said, “S-Sakura? I… don’t want you to hate me for this but… Do… you think it’s possible… that Sasuke’s… well… Umm… G-Gay?”

Sakura suddenly widened her eyes abruptly. That would make so much sense! That would explain why he liked none of the girls swooning over him… Sakura nodded energetically, and suddenly realized something. “… You like, Sasuke, don’t you?!” She grinned playfully.

Naruto shh’d loudly. “Sakura-chan! Do you want him to hear? Y-Yes I do… S-So you don’t hate me, do you?”

Sakura shook her head. “Of course not, Naruto-kun! I’ll even ask if Sasuke-kun’s gay for you, if you’d like.” Naruto went wide-eyed for a moment.

“You’d do that for me, Sakura-chan?”

“Of course! I’ll be right back! Stay here!”

Quickly, Sasuke ran from out the building he had been eavesdropping in, and ran down the road he had left on a moment ago. As soon as Sakura turned the corner, he stopped, so it appeared he had been walking at a slow pace for a few minutes.

“Hey Saasuke-kun!” Sakura called out in her annoying fan-girl voice. Sasuke grinned a little, knowing what she was about to ask. He quickly dropped the grin, turned around, and called out, “What do you want?”

She ran forward to approach him and curled her finger in her hair aimlessly. “Say, Sasuke, could I ask you something?”

“…What?”

“Well… I just wondered. Since you don’t like me, or Ino, or any of the other girls who are obsessed with you… Are you gay?”

Sasuke thought for a moment before responding. What was the worst that could happen? He slowly responded in a monotone, “Yeah. What’s it to you?”

Sakura went wide-eyed for a moment like Naruto, and giggled inwardly. “Okay! Thanks! Bye!” Sakura ran back to Naruto, and told him the news, who blushed profusely upon hearing it.

“Well, goodbye, Naruto. See you tomorrow!”

Naruto waved back to her, and ran towards his house, happier than he had ever been in his life.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rainraingoaway on June 22, 2008, 3:34:15 AM

rainraingoaway on
rainraingoawaywonderful story! lol i thought the begining was sad but i liked the ending!

kogalover2013 on April 27, 2008, 5:10:00 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013omg i luv dis couples

xXRealBoysKissBoysXx on January 30, 2007, 1:22:32 PM

xXRealBoysKissBoysXx on
xXRealBoysKissBoysXxYAY!!! SASUNARU ROCKS!!! I really like this!

PinkyLorenzo on December 11, 2006, 10:07:20 AM

PinkyLorenzo on
PinkyLorenzoThis is a pretty good story so far, I like it :). Plus I am in love with this pairing... but keep up the good work, and write more soon!