Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Red's Background

Matt Khan and Argol Vazin. Two very different people from two very different worlds. What happens when fate brings them both together to rise up and fight for the ones that they care about? You'll have to read on to find out!

Chapter 2 - Red's Background

Chapter 2 - Red's Background
CHAPTER ONE: RED’S BACKGROUND

Argol Vazin. It was his real name but Red Dragon hadn’t used it in such a long time. Argol had grown up as an adopted kid. The boy knew it but it never bothered him because he had two loving parents who cared for him. He had decided that one day he was going to look for his real parents, but until then he was going to enjoy a happy childhood. Growing up, Argol had a few friends but the friend he was closest to was a young girl named Amy. Argol and Amy grew up together. The two were always close to each other but when they started school they made new friends and new interests. Despite this though, the two still stayed close.
During their third year at school, Argol witnessed Amy being attacked by a bully. Argol couldn’t bear the sight of Amy being hurt so he ran after the bully who, in the end, turned on Argol. Argol and the bully fought for several moments trading blows, a hit to the jaw and a fist to the stomach, but Argol was no match for the tough bully and soon he was on the ground. The bully walked back over to Amy with his fist clenched, ready to pulverise the girl for what Argol had done to him. Argol took one look at the bully threatening Amy and a fit of rage swept over him. Argol lunged at the bully with outstretched arms. He pinned the bully to the ground and his vision became blurred and red. The next thing Argol can remember was staring at the torn up and bloody body of the bully while people screamed and cried around him. Argol glanced over to Amy who looked a deathly pale, like she had seen a ghost. He looked down at his hands. They were covered in red scales and had turned into claws. Not knowing what to do, Argol fled.
Several hours later, the boy awoke on a comfy bed in a massive room full of elaborate paintings and expensive furniture. Argol got up and walked over to the mirror. He looked at his reflection and saw a frightful creature staring back. Argol screamed. The creature had massive red wings, scaled claws, a red tail and demon-like eyes. Argol kept screaming until he realised that the creature staring back at him was himself. Argol broke down and cried. Moments later the door to the room opened up and an impressive looking man walked in. Argol immediately recognised the man as king Bahu.
* * *

For many years Argol trained under the guidance of Bahu. He learned that he was a Dragon Warrior, a special person who was gifted with dragon abilities and that Bahu was in fact Bahumut, king of the dragons. The others that trained alongside Argol were Malena and Manta. Malena was the daughter of Bahu but Manta was not actually a Dragon Warrior, just an orphan that Bahu had taken under his wing. Malena had blue eyes like Argol and long pink hair that went past her shoulders. Manta had green eyes and long grey, spiky hair. All three became good friends and each had their own strengths. Argol was the fighter and could take down the other two without too much trouble; Malena was the spell caster and easily beat the others when it came down to magic; and as for Manta, he was the weapon smith. Manta made extraordinary weapons and had a particular fascination with guns. Manta could talk for hours on any gun so the other two never bothered to bring up the subject of guns again after they had done so the first time. As Argol reached his teens he decided to venture out and find out about his real parents and his childhood friend Amy. Bahumut understood the boy’s quest for information and presented two magnificent katanas to Argol. Bahu told Argol that those swords belonged to his son. Argol looked at the swords in amazement and picked them up. Bahu then told Argol that only his blood could touch the swords. Argol’s heart nearly leapt out of his chest when he realised what Bahu had meant by his words.

* * *

Knowing who his father was had made Argol stay and continue on with his training. Argol soon earned the nickname Red Dragon from his sister Malena and Manta. The two thought that it would strike fear into the hearts of any enemies but Argol, being 19, just laughed at the idea and kept the name anyway. Argol would practice magic with his sister, sure he was good at magic but she would always end up severely hurting him in the end. While Argol and Malena were training, Manta would be tinkering with electronics and creating new weapons. Manta could give full descriptions about any weapon that was placed in his hand and always would before he handed a weapon over to anyone.
One night while Manta was busy making weapons and Argol trained with his sister, a strange visitor appeared. She wore only black and she called herself Shadow. The girl was young, about Argol’s age and had long black hair with pale skin and white eyes. For some reason Argol had the feeling that he knew this girl. Argol invited Shadow to stay with them and she accepted. Over time, everybody learnt that she was hiding from someone. Argol and Shadow became good friends. Shadow had feelings for Argol but because of his memories of Amy, he never got too close. Argol and Shadow would trade stories of their past and on one particular evening they talked about their childhood. As the stories went on Argol slowly worked out that this person next to him was his childhood friend Amy by piecing together some of her stories and soon she was aware too. Argol and Amy stayed close to each other for several months in fear of losing each other again until the person who was after Amy appeared at Bahumut’s doors one day. The man was a powerful warrior and Argol could not stop him. Argol noticed that the warrior was one of Tiamat’s lackeys. Manta watched helplessly as Amy was killed in the most horrible death imaginable; her body disintegrated leaving only a small pile of dust. Argol exploded with a fit of rage and experienced a power he had never felt before. The Blazing claws alight; Argol attacked and killed the warrior. As the warrior died he laughed and said he would one day return. Argol immediately began digging up information on how to get Amy back. He spent countless days within the library of the palace reading books until he came across an old tome. Argol read the book and found out about a realm called Soul Earth, a place where souls go after they leave the body of the corpse. He read on to discover that the realm was actually full of the living and that the souls went to a place called the underworld. There were apparently five weapons of legend within this realm called Underworld Fire, Underworld Cold, Underworld Thunder, Underworld Shadow, and Underworld Light. The weapons would apparently appear as an emblem until placed into the hands of its wielder where it would change into a weapon that the wielder felt most comfortable in using. Argol kept reading to discover that these weapon’s powers would always stay the same and that the weapons were separated into two groups. Fire, Cold, and Thunder were placed into the first group as the lower legendary weapons. Shadow and Light were placed into the second group as the upper legendary weapons. The book also read that Shadow and Light had the power to take and restore souls as well as the power over darkness and light. Argol knew that he had to go to this realm and obtain Underworld Light. It was his only hope to get Amy back and finally put Tiamat in her place. Argol told the other two his plan and all three worked together to find a way into Soul Earth.

* * *

“Hey Manta did you get the information for me?”
“Yeah Red, I don’t think you’ll have to alter much of your battle fatigue just no guns, but everything else is ok” replied the Weapon Smith.
“Great so do you have anything to help me blend in?” asked Red.
“Well there seems to be a group of warriors mentioned in the book that you read. Apparently they are called the Moon Warriors. You might want to stay away from them if you can” replied Manta again.
Red was about to go seek out Malena when the Dragon Mage rounded the corner of the hall and came running up to Red. Malena held out a purple vial and gave it to Red.
“Here, this will create you a portal into Soul Earth, but be careful as it can only be used to get you there, not back again”
Red thanked his sister for the potion and strode off into an empty room. Red murmured an incantation and then threw the potion onto the ground. The vial smashed as it hit the ground and purple smoke filled the room. When the smoke cleared a purple portal was imbedded into the wall that Red was facing. Red took one last look at his surroundings and stepped through.
Red exited the portal from the Dragon Realm and stepped into the dark, dank cave. According to Manta, this realm was where he would find the underworld. Red looked around and, noticing that there was nothing inhabiting the cave, walked towards the cave entrance. What Red didn’t notice was a shadowy figure step through the portal after him.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Howler666 on November 5, 2006, 6:10:29 PM

Howler666 on
Howler666Comments welcome