Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Divide And Conquer

Matt Khan and Argol Vazin. Two very different people from two very different worlds. What happens when fate brings them both together to rise up and fight for the ones that they care about? You'll have to read on to find out!

Chapter 5 - Divide And Conquer

Chapter 5 - Divide And Conquer
CHAPTER FOUR: DIVIDE AND CONQUER

For a few months now, Red and Inferno had stayed at Matt’s mansion. Everyday, Inferno went out hunting for small animals with Ragnor while Matt and Red trained in the caves. For some reason the two could never out power each other and always ended up in a tie. The other Moon Warriors watched as the two fought and would always cheer furiously when the battle ended, each battle was always different and it entertained them all immensely. After the battle had finished Matt would tell the others to get back to their training and would leave Vivian in charge. Matt and Red would then go hunting and would try and find Ragnor and Inferno. When they eventually did catch up to the two animals, they were usually either rolling around play fighting or trying to chase the other’s tail. Matt and Red would then bring the two inside and sit down at the table just in time to have lunch. All was going well until Red announced that he would be leaving at one such lunch.
“What?!?! Why?” questioned Matt.
“I have a lead and I need to follow it, for Amy” Red replied.
Matt understood Red’s drive all too well and the following day he bid farewell to his new friend. Red went to Europe in search of his contact, unaware that Matt was following him. When Red eventually came across the house of his contact, he saw that it was engulfed in flames. Red turned into his dragon form so that he would not be hurt by the flames and entered the house. After several minutes of searching, Red came across what looked like a werewolf, although it didn’t have the murderous presence of one. The wolf creature immediately attacked, but Red shielded himself and fought back. The two fought for what seemed like an eternity, parrying each other’s attacks, evading swings, taking blows. Red eventually noticed the way this wolf creature fought and stopped. He took a step back and then changed into a human again. The wolf creature looked shocked and did the same thing.
“I see why they call you Red Dragon” said the man.
“The same goes for you Lone Wolf” replied Red.
The two traded smirks and then searched the rest of the place, unaware of the shadowy figure watching them.

* * *

Lone Wolf and Red Dragon separated. Red went to London to follow a different lead and Wolf went back to Glasgow to check up on the Moon Warriors. As Red approached London a young man and woman stopped him. The couple was of an asian appearance. The man was bald and wore an orange garb. His weapon looked like a pitchfork but it had the three prongs at each end of the staff. The woman had long brown hair that reached down past her shoulder blades and wore a purple silk brassiere and violent purple tights. The only weapon she seemed to have was a chinese sword with a pink ribbon attached to the hilt. The woman greeted him cheerfully while the man just stood back and relaxed.
“Hey there! Where are you going?” asked the woman.
“Uh hi, and you are?” Red asked back.
“My name’s Lotus and this is my bodyguard Spade” replied the woman
“Hi I’m Argol, I’m going to London to meet someone” Red stated
“Great so are we, let’s travel together!” suggested Lotus.
“Lotus, he may not wish to travel with us” Spade pointed out.
“No I’m cool, it’s good to travel with friendly people” said Red cheerfully.
The three travellers shared stories about themselves. Red had to alter a few things so he did not let on about his actual realm; he also never told them about being called Red Dragon. On their arrival, Red split from the other two and went searching for information, while Spade and Lotus decided to go to the local arena. It did not take Red long to pick up on the local gossip. After hearing about a woman with magic powers Red decided to look into it. He was about to give up when he come across a strange man who told Red the location of her manor and that the woman was one of Tiamat’s lackeys. Red thanked the strange man and headed for the location of this woman until he soon came across her manor. Red knocked on the door and waited until it opened. A beautiful woman with short blonde hair wearing only a pink bathrobe stood there yawning. Red, sensing the evil aurora around her, drew his katanas and attacked. The woman dodged the attack and ran to the nearest table where she picked up a knife and threw it at Red. The knife hit his chest. He was bleeding. Badly. The knife had only just missed his heart but the blood loss would soon be too much so Red had to finish this fight quickly. The woman picked up another knife and threw it. She was too late though; Red was already on the move. He flipped over her and when she turned around to face him he had a sword at her throat.
“Where’s Tiamat?” Red asked angrily.
“Talked to any strange men lately?” she asked.
Red ignored the coincidence and continued the interrogation. He wasn’t that good at playing good cop, bad cop.
“Tell me what you know or I will end you!” shouted Red.
“So what did he tell you about me? That I was evil? Or did he say I knew something about what you want?” asked the woman.
“You know that man?” Red questioned.
“Well he is my brother so yes, I know him. We’re twins. Seems that he fooled you” she said.
“But why would he do that?” Red asked.
“Because he wants me dead. With me dead he inherits all of our parent’s fortune instead of just half. He always was the greedy type”
“So he’s the evil one?”
“Yes. Now kindly remove your sword from my throat!” she shouted.

* * *

The woman Red now knew as Summer told him what she knew when he explained his situation. She agreed to join with Red in his search eventually but she had other things to do first. As Red left the manor, he caught a glimpse of a dark figure watching him from a nearby roof but when he turned to get a clear view of the figure, it vanished. Later that night he met up with Spade and Lotus. They had just returned from the arena and Lotus was wounded by an inhuman monster that struck her with its claws. Spade and Red took care of her wound and Lotus told Red what happened. Her opponent was called Red Dragon and he had wings, claws, a tail and demon like eyes. Red was shocked about this. This doppelganger also had the same dragon mark, the mark that each dragon warrior possessed. Red could not take this so he headed for the arena after getting Summer in hopes of finding this doppelganger. What waited for him was chaos, dead bodies lay left right and centre and two fierce warriors fought amongst the bodies. Red easily picked out his doppelganger. The second warrior was non other then his best friend Manta. He had a sword with a blood red blade, which showed that the blade was made from dragonite. Manta lunged at the doppelganger driving the sword deep in its chest. The doppelganger hit the ground with a soft thud and Manta bowed in respect to his best friend.
“Damn it Red, you got yourself possessed by Underworld Shadow. You were like a brother to me. I will not forgive that bloody sword, I will destroy it for you” Manta said.
“It’s funny; no one shows their true feelings for you until you die”
“What would you know?” snapped Manta.
“Well unlike most people I just witnessed my own death” Red stated.
Manta turned around and saw his friend alive, healthy and not possessed.
“What…if you’re there who did I just kill?” asked a now confused Manta
“A doppelganger sent to stop me from getting closer to the weapons”
“You bastard warn me before you do a thing like that. If you do that again I will kill you!” shouted Manta.
Red chuckled and the two smirked at each other. A mysterious warrior watched everything that happened but Red, expecting this, noticed the figure and chased it down. The chase only lasted a few minutes before Red had the warrior trapped. Manta came rushing in as Red conjured a flame, which illuminated the warrior’s face.
“Holy shoot, you’re dead!” cried Red in surprise.
“Funny, I don’t feel dead” replied the warrior.
“It can’t be, I saw you die with my own eyes!” protested Manta.
“Well, I’m back”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment