Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - A Fresh Scent

Matt Khan and Argol Vazin. Two very different people from two very different worlds. What happens when fate brings them both together to rise up and fight for the ones that they care about? You'll have to read on to find out!

Chapter 6 - A Fresh Scent

Chapter 6 - A Fresh Scent
CHAPTER FIVE: A FRESH SCENT

By now, Matt had reached Glasgow and was knocking on the door of his mansion. The door opened to reveal a ghost white Skye and the giant black wolf Ragnor. Skye threw her arms around Matt and began crying.
“Don’t you ever leave without me again! I thought that you had…had…”
Matt prised her arms from around his neck and wiped the tears from her eyes with his thumbs.
“I’m sorry, I had to track Red, I needed to find out where he was going”
“Well then why didn’t you tell me?” sobbed Skye.
Matt had an answer for this but he thought it best to not tell her that he thought she would slow him down. Instead, he thought of a different excuse.
“I didn’t have time. Red left in such a hurry that I had to leave without telling anybody” he replied quickly.
Matt hoped that she would buy it, even though he knew she didn’t. He never could bring himself to tell a good lie around her for some reason. Skye knew the real reason but decided not to bring the issue up.
“Well at least you’re back now” Skye said as she hugged him once more and then lead him into the mansion.
“We can’t stay long though, I picked up a scent while tracking Red” Matt stated.
This stopped Skye in her tracks. Ragnor had been about to leave but he knew that Matt had said the wrong thing and decided to stick around for the show.
“Why, what has this scent got to do with anything?” asked Skye in a stern voice.
Matt thought about not telling her for a second but then soon realised who he was dealing with and told her.
“The scent I picked up, it was an evil presence that was working for Underworld Shadow. The person was female I think and she was bathed in the stench of the weapon”
Skye stared at him for a second before finally speaking again.
“Well then, what are we waiting for? Let’s get going!”
Skye patted Ragnor on the head as she strode past him and picked up her lance. Ragnor sat there lolling his tongue, he was always happy when the three of them went travelling together. Meanwhile, Matt teleported down to the training cave and gathered the rest of the Moon Warriors.
“Alright everyone, I need you all to follow me as closely as you can without being seen” Matt told them.
“Where are we going?” asked a young man called Jenk.
“That’s not something I actually know” replied Matt.
The Moon Warriors were briefed on what Matt actually did know and where he had last smelt the scent. The Moon Warriors were like a family to Matt. To fully explain this you have to know the graduation ritual that all of the Moon Warriors go through when they have completed their basic training. For the ritual, the Moon Warriors are sent out into the local forest where all of the students split up to find their own personal shrine. These shrines come from the heavens and can only be seen by the person that discovers them, which is what makes them so important. Each shrine is dedicated to a different entity of the night or moon. If the students pray there they are granted powers related to that entity. Unfortunately, some students have never returned and are said to have been absorbed by the forest. The few students that survive then return upon finding their shrine and demonstrate their new abilities to the leader of the Moon Warriors. What makes the current batch of Moon Warriors so special is that they all returned from the forest. There were currently ten Moon Warriors in total. There was of course Matt and Skye followed by eight others. Each Moon Warrior had their own position within the group as well as their own entity. The males were Anon the Shield Master who worshipped the Armadillo, Kin the Mage who worshipped the Big-eared bat, Gear the Archer who worshipped the Hedgehog, as well as Jenk the Monk who worshipped the Coyote. The females of the group were Vivian the Master Thief who worshipped the Owl, Rose the Ninja who worshipped the Heron, Celina the Tanker who worshipped the White Rhino, and Kyte the Scrapper who worshipped the Leopard. The Moon Warriors were always looking out for each other and all of them got along well. Sure, they had some arguments, but they always ended up resolving them in the end. There were also only two pets within the mansion. One of them was Ragnor with his black fur while the other was another wolf called Hex with white fur. Matt gave Hex to Vivian when she had graduated as the best out of the other eight Moon Warriors. The two immediately got along which Matt liked to see. That meant that there was twelve Moon Warriors in total, twelve friends under the leadership of Matt Khan now heading out to Europe in search of a woman working for Underworld Shadow.
“And remember, stay hidden until I give you the signal” Matt ordered.

* * *

The group had travelled for a day now and had just crossed the borderline to Europe. Matt sniffed the air.
“It seems that our friend has moved further to the north”
Skye nodded and the group started to head further towards the coastline. They walked for what felt like half of the day until they reached a small lake in the middle of a large forest. Light was fading fast now so there was no use continuing on right now.
“We’ll set up camp for the night!” Matt yelled out to the hidden Moon Warriors. He then sat down next to the lake and watched the sun set in the sky. Ragnor trotted over with Skye and the two sat by his side.
“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” remarked Skye.
Matt looked at her as she was watching the sun set. There was something about her, something that seemed to make him feel comfortable and warm inside. At that moment Skye looked over at him and he cleared his throat.
“Um…ahhh…we should get some sleep” Matt said uncomfortably.
Skye lay down five metres from the water’s edge and gazed up into the trees. Matt sat up against one such tree and closed his eyes. He had been asleep for ten minutes when he opened his eyes and noticed that Skye had huddled up against him and was shivering. Matt took off his cloak and placed it over her. He then morphed into his wolf form to give Skye something warm to cling on to. Skye reshuffled her position and snuggled up to him. Matt smiled and then closed his eyes again.
When he awoke in the morning Skye was still clinging to him for warmth so he changed back into his human form and grabbed his cloak from Skye. Matt moved her slightly and whispered her name into her ear until she opened her eyes.
“Good morning” Matt said cheerfully as she smiled and rubbed her eyes. She noticed that he was sitting there with her huddled against him.
“Sorry, it was just so cold last night and…”
Matt just laughed and stood up.
“Don’t worry about it” chuckled Matt. He didn’t mind having her sleep against him. She was after all, a beautiful young woman. He had actually had the best nights sleep with her there, then he had since his parents went missing. And then it hit him like a horse bucking. He had feelings Skye. That’s why he enjoyed her company so much and why he caught himself looking at her on many occasions. He looked down to see Ragnor licking at his hand.
“Thanks” he muttered before gathering his wits and moving the group out.

* * *

They travelled north for another two days until Matt picked up a stronger version of the scent and they began heading east. They travelled for another half a day before setting up camp again and resting for the night. Another group had also camped nearby and were known for being a bunch of hot heads. Matt sat down and looked over in the direction of the other group. He couldn’t see them but he could smell them. Skye looked at him with concern as he stared of into the darkness of the forest.
“What is it?” She asked.
“There are people in this forest shrouded by the stench of Underworld Shadow” Matt replied.
“Do you think they are after us?” questioned Skye.
“I don’t know, its hard to say. We should be careful just in case”
The evil presence grew stronger as it approached the camp. Matt could pick up voices and noticed that there were six people within the other group, three male and three female. Matt decided to investigate the voices. He travelled through the woods as if he lived in them. As he got closer, he noticed that one of the voices was not there anymore. He sniffed the air and looked up in time to see a man jump at him from a branch in one of the trees with his weapons drawn.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment