Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - New And Old

Matt Khan and Argol Vazin. Two very different people from two very different worlds. What happens when fate brings them both together to rise up and fight for the ones that they care about? You'll have to read on to find out!

Chapter 7 - New And Old

Chapter 7 - New And Old
CHAPTER SIX: NEW AND OLD

Manta gasped and Red went deathly pale. The two were now staring at the person that had died before their eyes so many years ago. Summer finally arrived at the scene.
“How is this possible? We saw you die so many years ago!” stated a confused Red.
“I have already died once, I can’t die twice” said Amy in a cool tone.
Red couldn’t help but look her over. He noticed that she still cut her black hair so that it remained short. She was wearing a ruby red ball gown with elbow length white gloves and what looked like high heels made from diamonds. Amy noticed him looking at her and followed his eyes.
“Yes, they’re made of diamonds” explained Amy.
“Where did you get the outfit?” asked Red.
“That is not important at the moment. What is important is that Tiamat has sent her agents to this realm to retrieve some of the Underworld weapons. We need to stop her”
“Wait, how do you know this?” Red questioned.
“Isn’t it obvious?” asked Summer. “She is an agent for this Tiamat that is why she tried to run”
“Think what you want, I’m just trying to help” pouted Amy.
Manta thought that it would be best to bring the conversation back on track.
“Do you know where any of the weapons are?”
“I only know that Underworld Shadow is in the possession of a beast named Demon. It was supposed to be my assignment to retrieve the weapon from him” replied Amy.
“So do you know anything about the other weapons?” asked Red.
“No. I was only told about Underworld Shadow”
“Well then I guess we are going after Underworld Shadow, lead the way” Red stated as he pointed forward.

* * *

For days Red, Manta, Amy, and Summer made their way east. Red and Amy talked about their years apart while they travelled. Amy was now a mercenary still going under the name Shadow. She had been sent to this realm to retrieve Underworld Shadow for Tiamat but eventually ran off and joined a group of assassins. The only details she left out were how she had been sent to this realm and why she was still alive. Red didn’t bother asking though because he didn’t want Amy to get scared off by a confronting question. Manta wasn’t so lucky. With Summer’s attitude and knowledge of alchemy, he fell in love with her instantly. Manta tried proposing to her several times but she always turned him down and gave him a death threat.
On their third day of travel they came across a young woman wearing a tight blue body suit and wearing her long red hair in a ponytail. She had an evil presence around her and Amy seemed to take a lot of notice to this woman.
“Hey Shadow, I see you got some prey” sneered the woman.
“Viper you know better than that, now go back to your master before he gets upset” said Amy.
“You will be sorry you ever crossed me!” yelled Viper as she swung her weapons out in front of her. Her weapons seemed to be two scythes but with 30cm handles and 20cm blades. Amy faced Tira and pressed a small button under one of her left ball glove. The button triggered her dress to transform. The gloves extended to the shoulders and merged with the ball gown. The gown became tight and ran down her legs, merging with her slippers that had turned into high-heeled boots. The gloves grew 5cm nails out of each of the fingers and then the whole body suit turned red. Red looked at the red body suit that had once been a red ball gown in amazement.
“Wow. That’s cool”
Amy smiled at him and then just stared at Viper with an unemotional look on her face. Viper just smiled as if it was a game and made the first move. She jumped into the air and came flying down twirling her scythes in front of her. Amy moved to the right dodging the attack and high kicked Viper, sending her flying backwards. Viper recovered and swung her scythes, knocking Amy off balance. Amy sweep kicked Viper but she managed to avoid it by flipping backwards. Amy used the time to get up and began spinning continuously on one point in 360-degree circles until Viper eventually became overpowered and fell to the ground. Red and Manta moved in and pinned Viper to the ground.
“Hahahahahaha, you’ve beaten me again Shadow. I guess I’m just no match for you” chuckled Viper.
“You’re too over confident, that’s why you never beat me”
“What’s going on here?” asked Red.
“Well Argol, this is my sworn sister from the secret assassin’s guild called Birds of Prey” explained Amy.
Red and Manta immediately let Viper go and helped her from the ground.
“Wait I read about them. Didn’t they disband though?” Manta asked.
“About a month ago, yes. But I live to kill so it doesn’t matter who I work for” replied Viper.
“So do you know anything about a beast called Demon?” asked Red.
“He’s my master, I’m helping him to gain the five weapons of legend” replied Viper in a proud tone.
“Well we need to…speak with Demon, would you join us and take us to him?” asked Red.
“Fine, but light is fading so we may as well camp here for the night”
A warrior known to be a solitary man was not far away from Red’s party. He travelled with a young woman and a faithful companion. The three had set up camp as the night was closing in. The woman looked at her friend with concern as he stared of into the darkness of the forest.
“What is it?” She asked.
“There are people in this forest shrouded by the stench of Underworld Shadow” Matt replied.
“Do you think they are after us?” questioned Skye.
“I don’t know, its hard to say. We should be careful just in case”
The evil presence grew stronger as it approached the camp. Matt could pick up voices and noticed that there were six people within the other group, three male and three female. Matt decided to investigate the voices. He travelled through the woods as if he lived in them. As he got closer, he noticed that one of the voices was not there anymore. He sniffed the air and looked up in time to see Red jump at him from a branch in one of the trees with his weapons drawn.
“Hey Wolf, fancy meeting you here”
Matt jumped to his right to dodge the attack and punched Red in gut.
“Nice try, but you can’t match my speed” stated Matt.
Red kicked at Matt but he back flipped and ran into the forest. Red chased after him and found him in a small clearing. Matt howled like a wolf, releasing a blast of white energy, and began to change into his wolf form. Matt’s vest absorbed into his chest, his swords absorbed into his back, and he grew wolf ears as well as fur all over his body. Red gathered his own energy and began his morphing process. He grew a tail, talons, and his swords morphed into wings. Red dragon and Lone Wolf stared each other down and flexed their clawed hands. Red lunged at Wolf but he ducked behind him and clawed at his back. Red opened his wing and took flight, taking wolf with him. Red flew around in circles until Wolf became dizzy. He landed and then the two began fighting on solid ground again. The two evaded each other’s attacks and after a while Wolf reverted to his human form and drew his two gladius swords. Red also changed back and drew his twin katanas. They both attacked again, but their blades clashed in the middle.
“Damn, another draw!” shouted Matt.
“You stole the words right out of my mouth” said Red as he smiled.
“Wipe that grin off your face” Matt threatened as the two of them sheathed their weapons.
“Whatever you say scary wolf” Red chuckled sarcastically.
“Anyway…” started Matt, ignoring the wolf comment. “Why do I sense an evil presence amongst your group?”
“The newest member in our party is an assassin who loves to kill” Red stated as if it was completely normal.
“Right…” said Matt as he stared down at Red as if he was crazy.
Red returned to his party while Matt went to check up on Skye and Ragnor. Matt had only just finished explaining what had happened, when Red and his party came through the forest and decided to set up camp with him. Red introduced all of his party to Matt, Skye, and Ragnor and then they all sat around a campfire that Red secretly lit when no one was looking. Skye and Amy had instantly become friends and the two were now talking about what quirks Red and Matt had. There was something about Amy that Matt didn’t trust, so he made sure that Skye always stayed close to him. Other then that, the rest of the group got along fine and they all stayed up late, talking into the night…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment