Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - The Truth Hurts

Matt Khan and Argol Vazin. Two very different people from two very different worlds. What happens when fate brings them both together to rise up and fight for the ones that they care about? You'll have to read on to find out!

Chapter 11 - The Truth Hurts

Chapter 11 - The Truth Hurts
CHAPTER TEN: THE TRUTH HURTS

Matt sent the Moon Warriors back to the mansion and Argol told the Dragon Warriors to go with them. Malena though was being stubborn so Argol was forced to take her with them. The group continued travelling through the forest, following Matt’s lead. The bruise near Skye’s stomach had healed up nicely and Amy was told what had happened.
“…so, uh, yeah, Matt thawed me out eventually and then I apologized” explained Argol.
“You make it sound so simple” snarled Matt.
“I said I was sorry!” protested Argol.
“I was kidding you idiot!” laughed Matt.
“Yeah, haha, real hilarious!”
It was beginning to grow darker now. The forest was dark enough during the day but at night it was pitch black and you couldn’t see where you were going.
“There’s a spot further up where we can camp the night” stated Matt.
Sure enough, in the next clearing was a small cottage and next to it was a medium sized lake. The clearing had no branches or leaves covering it so that the sunlight or moonlight could shine down into it. Matt felt uneasy about being back at his old home but they needed somewhere to camp, and this was the only inhabitable place nearby. Matt approached the cottage and saw the grave that he had erected in honour of his brother. It was just a small wooden cross with the name ‘Alex Khan’ written on it.
Matt checked under the doormat and used the key he found there to open the front door. The inside looked just as he had left it.
“In case you were wondering this is my old house. I hope you don’t mind sharing bedrooms and beds because there are only three in here, all with double beds. I will take my old bedroom, who ever whites to join me is welcome, although I would prefer Skye’s company” said Matt.
Everyone looked amazed that the man could say so much without taking a breath.
“Alright then, who’s bunking with whom?” Argol asked.
Skye immediately went with Matt and Argol and Amy shared Alex’s room. Ragnor and Inferno stayed in the den, next to the fireplace where a bright orange flame was now burning.
“So…I guess we’re sleeping together” Manta said to Malena.
“Don’t talk to me” she replied.
“I guess that means I’m sleeping on the floor then?”
“Absolutely”

* * *

The next day Matt got up early and knelt down beside his brother’s grave.
“I will get you back”
Skye woke up and noticed that Matt was missing so she walked outside and found him near the grave. Matt began blinking back tears as Skye sat down next to him.
“How did he die?” she asked.
“Now that’s the worst memory I have. The day after I had entered the slumber Hades possessed my body. The three seers told him that one day I would have the power to gain Underworld Shadow so he tried to use my body. The problem was that Hati’s magic made it so that my body could not leave the forest until my slumber was finished, so instead he forced me to kill my own brother, knowing that I would eventually seek him out and do anything to get him back. I could see what I was doing but I couldn’t control myself. When I first woke up from the slumber I thought it was all a bad dream but it wasn’t….it wasn’t”
Matt broke down on Skye’s shoulder and she hugged him until he could stand again.
“Its okay, you will get your brother back” Skye reassured him.
Just from what she said gave Matt hope that he would get his brother back.
When everyone was awake the group moved out and eventually found what they were looking for. Demon. Matt immediately lunged at the beast and stabbed it repeatedly while it tried to take a swing at him. Argol was about to join in when Amy snuck up behind Matt and kicked him with the heel of her shoe. Matt fell to the ground in pain.
“What the hell?” questioned Matt.
“Amy?!?! What are you doing?” asked Argol.
“The name’s Shadow!” replied Amy in an evil tone.
Matt quietly got up and cut off the arm of Demon that was wielding Underworld Shadow. The beast would’ve screamed in pain but Matt froze it and then grabbed Underworld Shadow. The mace immediately turned into a pure black gladius. Shadow took one look at Matt and the new weapon and then ran off.
“Manta, go warn the Dragon Warriors” ordered Argol.
Manta took off in the direction of Matt’s mansion as Argol and Malena turned into their dragon forms.
“We need to go after her” Matt said.
Matt changed into his wolf form and sheathed Underworld Shadow. He now had four of the five legendary weapons.
“Skye, you can ride on the back of Inferno” stated Argol.
Matt ran after Shadow followed by Ragnor. Argol and Malena quickly took to the air and followed him, leaving Skye standing there.
“Okay then”
Skye got on the back of the dragon and held on for dear life as it zoomed after the group. Matt kept running after the scent of Shadow but soon stopped in his tracks.
“What’s wrong?” asked Argol.
“It’s Hades, he’s here” replied Matt.
“We may as well go after him instead” said Argol.
Matt took off again and kept running until he came across a hooded figure. Argol and Malena landed next to him and Skye eventually landed shoving something into her pocket.
“Giving you trouble is he?” asked Argol.
Skye just nodded and then they all stood there waiting for the hooded figure to do something. The figure took off his hood and withdrew two blades. One was gunmetal grey and the other was blood red.
“Hades! Why do you have a Wolfram blade?” asked Matt.
“Yeah, and where did you get the Dragonite one?” Argol questioned.
Hades held up the grey Wolfram sword and then the red Dragonite one.
“Hehe, you fools. I do not need to explain myself to mortals” replied Hades in a cool tone.
“Give me my brother Hades and I will give you this…”
Matt unsheathed Underworld Shadow and showed it off.
“It’s a fair deal, c’mon” said Matt.
Hades raised his Wolfram sword.
“I don't think so”
Argol walked toward Hades but he slashed at him with the blade. A cut appeared in Argol’s side and it wasn’t healing.
“What the hell?” Argol questioned as he fell to the ground clutching his wound.
Argol looked at his wound.
“How could this be, Wolfram can’t affect my regeneration!” stated Argol.
Hades just laughed.
“Wolfram is only a coating mortal!”
“But Wolfram has to be pure or its effect is not as great!” protested Matt.
Hades laughed again.
“You foolish mutt, don't you think I know this. I made a Dragonite sword and coated it with Wolfram!”
Matt smirked.
“Good news for me then! Only a weapon made of pure Wolfram can stop my regeneration abilities. This weapon should only slow my regeneration by half. So what's it gonna be now Hades? The sword or your demise?” asked Matt
“Oh that is real good, you don’t get the full affect but I still do! Oh well I can manage” Argol said as he got up from the ground and drew his katanas.
“So it's all up to you Hades. Do you want the sword I hold in my hand as much as you say you do, or would you rather die trying to obtain it? Because if you choose to die trying I'll be pretty angry about the little deal we had being broken” stated Matt
Hades rushed forward at Matt who just held his ground. Argol had to sit down because his wound was preventing him from fighting. Matt looked down at Underworld Shadow.
“Hmmm, may as well test this baby out”
Matt swung the sword as Hades came charging, breaking the Dragonite and Wolfram swords and cutting deeply into Hades' side.
“Well, well, well Hades, you want to reconsider my offer?” asked Matt.
Hades looked at Underworld Shadow and then attacked again. Matt avoided his attack and was about to hit Hades when an unseen force knocked him back. Matt looked around and saw Shadow standing there.
“We can’t have you killing a god now can we?”
Argol stood up and faced her.
“Shadow, you’re mine!”
Hades tried to charge at Matt again but he easily dodged it and managed to cut off Hades’ legs with a massive swing.
“GIVE ME MY BROTHER OR YOU WILL PERISH!!!” yelled Matt as held Underworld Shadow at Hades’ throat.
Shadow stabbed her claws into Argol and he fell on the ground, barely conscious. Before he lost consciousness he saw someone walking toward the battle.
“Amy...I’m...sorry” said Argol as he drifted off.
Shadow walked over to Matt and kicked him in the side.
“Dammit! Everyone, keep her busy!” Matt yelled.
Malena, Inferno, Skye, and Ragnor surrounded Shadow and prevented her from attacking Matt.
“Hades you have five seconds to hand over my brother if you want to live. One…five. Oh well, guess times up” said Matt as he brought down Underworld Shadow to kill the god.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment