Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Taking A Stand

Matt Khan and Argol Vazin. Two very different people from two very different worlds. What happens when fate brings them both together to rise up and fight for the ones that they care about? You'll have to read on to find out!

Chapter 12 - Taking A Stand

Chapter 12 - Taking A Stand
CHAPTER ELEVEN: TAKING A STAND

Argol awoke several hours later in a daze. He opened his eyes slowly and took in his surroundings. He appeared to be in the bed of a small room with the sunlight peering in through the nearest window. Argol tried to lift his left arm but didn’t seem to be able to. He soon noticed why though. Malena had fallen asleep on his arm with Inferno on her lap. She seemed to be sleeping well so Argol didn’t bother to wake her. Argol noticed that Matt was sitting in a straw chair over in the corner with Underworld Shadow in his hands and Ragnor lying by his side. He seemed to be mumbling something and Argol could only just make out a few words.
“My one chance…I failed…my brother…never again”
Argol pondered what else Matt had said but at that moment his sister stirred. She stared up into her brother’s eyes before grabbing him by the neck and hugging him.
“You’re choking me sis” Argol said.
Malena immediately let him out of her hold.
“Thank god you’re alright” stated Malena.
“Yeah. What happened out there?” asked Argol.
“Matt decided to save you instead and let Hades get away” Malena replied.
“What about Amy? I saw her just before I fainted” Argol stated.
“Of course you did she stabbed you!” Malena shouted.
Argol looked over to Matt for support.
“You must have seen her, she was the one that stopped Shadow, I saw her do it!” protested Argol.
Malena looked at her brother and shook her head.
“You were in pain, you were just seeing things” soothed Malena.
Argol looked over at Matt again.
“Maybe Hades can solve this” suggested Argol.
Skye entered the room and looked over at Argol. When he looked over at her she quickly averted his gaze and sat down in a chair next to Matt. Matt sensed there was something amiss and looked into Skye’s eyes.
“What are you hiding?” questioned Matt.
“N-n-nothing” Skye stuttered.
“Spit it out, what are you hiding?” Matt asked.
Skye looked over at Argol and then over at Inferno.
“Inferno isn’t going to get you out of this one Skye” said Argol.
Skye and Inferno stared at each other for a while until Skye nodded and pulled a pendant out of her pant pocket. Argol immediately recognised it.
“That’s Amy’s! Where did you get it?” Argol asked.
“Amy gave it to me to give to you later. I suppose now will do” replied Skye as she handed Argol the pendant.
Argol took it in his hands and then looked to Inferno.
“It can’t be…”
Everyone seemed to know what was going on except a confused Matt.
“What’s going on? Sure, I’m the one who can sense the deceit but I’m always the last one to know what the deceits about!” Matt shouted.
As Matt finished shouting Inferno jumped off of Malena’s lap and moved into the middle of the room. Inferno began to glow and grew larger. At the end of the process Amy was standing in the middle of the room.
“Hi everyone” said the cheery young woman.
Matt gripped the arms of his chair.
“HOLY NORSE LIGHTS FROM THE HEVENS ABOVE, IT’S A GIRL!!!”
Amy looked at Matt and laughed.
“Well you’re quick to state the obvious. On to more important things though. I can’t stay like this for long but I will tell you what’s going on. Shadow is nothing but literally my shadow. She took my body and I was forced into the body of an unborn dragon. This isn’t the first time this has happened though, but I am different” said Amy as she looked over at Ragnor.
“And how exactly are you different from Ragnor?” Matt asked.
“Well first of all I can do this and secondly my body is still alive. Now about your brother. It is still possible to save him but we have to attack the Underworld” Amy replied.
“Finally you’re speaking my language; a full on assault” cried Matt in happiness.
“Settle down wolf-boy, we need to gather the troops first” stated Argol.
Malena did the honours of igniting a crystal and sending the message to the Dragon Warriors. After ten minutes there was a swoop heard overhead and everyone went outside to greet the Dragon Warriors. Matt was surprised to find that the Moon Warriors had been flown there by the Dragon Warriors.
“Where’s Manta?” asked Matt.
“He stayed back at the mansion. Said something about finishing some infernal contraption” replied Vivian.
Matt went about informing the Moon Warriors and Dragon Warriors of the plan while Argol and Amy went back inside.
“You know, now that I think about it you as Inferno never liked Shadow much” Argol said.
“Hehe. Yeah, but she never noticed” laughed Amy.
Argol looked out of the cottage window at Matt rallying up the clans.
“Why do you want to make a direct attack?” Argol asked Amy.
“To bring Shadow down, she is the real threat” replied Amy.
At that moment Matt walked in through the front door.
“Okay, well when you guys are ready we can move out!” said Matt enthusiastically.
Argol was both happy and scared for his friend. He was happy because Matt had never been so happy in the time that the two had met each other. At the same time he was also scared because his friend was happy about storming the Underworld. Amy noticed the look on Argol’s face and pulled him aside. She then noticed that Matt was still there and shooed him away.
“I’ve got to speak with Argol privately”
Matt quickly scurried out of the cottage and Amy closed the door behind him. She looked around as if trying to find someone and then faced Argol again.
“He’ll be fine Argol, don’t worry about him” said Amy soothingly.
“How can I not? He’s happy about storming the frigging Underworld! What kind of sick person is happy about that?” shouted Argol.
Matt, who had been standing just outside the door and listening in on the conversation, suddenly burst through the door shouting.
“THE KIND OF PERSON TRYING TO GET BACK WHAT THEY HAVE LEFT OF THEIR FAMILY!!!”
Argol thought that he could have died at that very moment. Amy saw that he wasn’t going to say anything so she stepped in.
“You” she said, pointing to Matt “Settle down. We are going to get your brother back so be good. Argol, you need to stop worrying about him. He only wants his brother back. Now, let’s get moving, I can’t stay like this for too much longer and I want to be able to kick Shadow’s arse”
Argol and Matt both laughed at this and the three went outside to address the two groups of warriors. The two groups lined up to listen to what their leaders had to say. Argol addressed them first.
“Today we storm the Underworld. We hope to defeat Shadow and gain back Alex Khan. But there is also more to today, because today is the unity of two very different groups, drawn together by a similar cause!”
Both of the groups began cheering profusely and then Matt stepped up next to Argol and began speaking.
“I’m not going to lie to you. This will be a difficult mission. We will need to be on our guard at all times. If you look out for each other when in battle we will not lose anyone. We will strike down all our enemies until we reach our goal!”
They all cheered loudly as the two groups were led onward to Greece. The road was long and treacherous, there were demons popping up everywhere, trying to stop them from reaching their goal. They all pushed on though until they stood atop a hill and viewed the scene of hundreds of demons guarding the door to the Underworld.
“This is it. Make sure you work together and we will make it past them” ordered Matt.
Everyone said their goodbyes to each other just in case and then drew their weapons.
“CHARGE!!!”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment