Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - When You Win You Lose

Matt Khan and Argol Vazin. Two very different people from two very different worlds. What happens when fate brings them both together to rise up and fight for the ones that they care about? You'll have to read on to find out!

Chapter 13 - When You Win You Lose

Chapter 13 - When You Win You Lose
CHAPTER TWELVE: WHEN YOU WIN YOU LOSE

Everyone charged down the hill, waving their weapons about and shouting battle cries. The demons turned to face the group of warriors and began to brace themselves for the oncoming onslaught. The demons all withdrew pitchforks and formed a circle around a woman in black.
“Shadow!” cried Amy.
Shadow grinned as she lifted a hand and pointed at the two groups charging down the hill.
“Kill them!”
The demons charged up the hill on her orders and clashed swords with the humans. The sound of steel on steel was ear deafening and Matt; having sensitive ears; fell to the ground clutching them. Skye quickly moved in front of him, defending him from demons until he was able to stand up and fight for himself.
“Thanks” said Matt quickly as he began hacking through demons.
Meanwhile, Amy had taken it upon herself to defeat Shadow. Amy weaved her way through the demons, carefully dodging any pitchforks until she came face to face with Shadow.
“Well if it isn’t my other half” commented Shadow.
Amy noticed that since revealing her true identity, Shadow’s bodysuit had turned black. Amy pressed the button under her glove to form a red bodysuit around her. Claws grew from her gloves as she flexed her fingers.
“Let’s do this” Amy said.
The two women charged at each other and slashed furiously. They managed to badly tear up each other’s bodysuits within minutes before scratching into flesh. Argol was slashing his way over to Amy so that he could help her but kept getting delayed by demons.
“Get out of my way!” Argol yelled.
After deciding that she’d had enough, Shadow ran away from Amy. Amy chased her down until she had pinned her on a cliff.
“Nowhere to run Shadow”
Amy stabbed her claws into Shadow and then span her around. Amy withdrew her claws from Shadow and sent her flying. At the last second, Shadow grabbed Amy’s right arm. The momentum from Amy’s throw forced them both off of the cliff. Argol arrived in time to see Amy go over.
“NOOOO!”
Argol broke down on his knees and began sobbing.
“I was too la…”
Argol broke off in mid-sentence as he heard a weird sound. He looked over the cliff edge and saw Amy clinging to one of the rocks. He quickly pulled her up and was about to hug her when he noticed that she was naked. Argol blushed and called to Matt.
“Matt, we need some help here!”
Matt appeared within seconds and saw the situation. He blushed and quickly looked away.
“Not looking…”
Amy laughed a bit.
“I’m kind of cold here” she complained.
Matt took off his vest and tried to hand it to Amy, but because he had his back turned he ended up waving it around a bit. Amy took the vest from his flailing hand and pulled it over her head.
“What about the bottom half?” asked Argol
Matt handed Amy his cloak and she wrapped it around her waist to form a sarong.
“Thank you” said Amy as she stood up.
Argol stood up too and hugged Amy.
“What happened?” he asked.
“Well I was able to grab onto a ledge on the way over the cliff but Shadow wasn’t so lucky and she plummeted to her death. With her dead I have my own body again” replied Amy.
Argol smiled and hugged her tighter. Matt didn’t want to ruin their moment so he guarded the two from demons as the rest of the group finished them off. Matt stabbed the last demon through the head as it was charging at Argol and Amy.
“Let that be a lesson to the rest of you…uglies”
Argol and Amy finally finished their embrace and the group moved over to the door of the Underworld. Argol and Matt tried to pull the doors open but they wouldn’t budge. Argol and Matt looked at the doors for a few minutes before Argol stabbed his katanas into the locks and set them alight. The locks soon melted and the two of them easily pushed open the door.
“Hello-o” said Matt eerily as the group moved forward into the Underworld.
His voice echoed off the cavernous walls and a low growl replied. Everyone looked on as a giant creature stirred in the shadows. As it moved into the light, Argol immediately recognized it.
“Cerberus”
The three headed dog growled at the group as its snake tail tried to snap at them. Ragnor began barking at the beast to be met with three simultaneous barks that were much louder then his.
“Oh crap” Matt said.
Matt withdrew Underworld Cold and Underworld Shadow from their sheaths and sped up the dog’s front right paw. Argol took to the air and began distracting the beast while Matt stabbed into the middle head. Cerberus didn’t even flinch and its tail wrapped itself around Matt’s legs and threw him into one of the walls.
“Run!” shouted Argol.
The group began running towards the next room as Argol kept distracting Cerberus. When he thought everyone had moved to the next room, Argol followed.
“Shut the door!” Argol yelled.
The group began closing the doors as Argol flew through them.
“What about Matt?” cried Skye.
Sure enough Matt was still in the other room unconscious from his impact with the wall. Skye ran out into the room and a white glow surrounded her. When it had faded she was in what looked like a centurion form. She had a human upper half but the legs of a horse. Everyone guessed the horse part to be unicorn because it was a glimmering white and Skye had a horn growing from her head. She galloped over to Matt and threw him on her back. She then quickly ran back to the other room as the group closed the doors behind her and bolted them. Matt regained consciousness as Cerberus began barging on the door. Skye let Matt get off of her back and then changed back to her human form. Matt kissed her as thanks and the group made sounds like “oo” and “ahhh” until they eventually stopped.
“Let’s get moving” ordered Argol.
The group moved along a winding hallway until it eventually forked into three different parts.
“Where to now?” asked Amy.
Matt sniffed the air and then sped down the right lane.
“Where’s he going?” Skye asked.
Argol grew his wings and then took flight after Matt. Matt took a left, a right, another right, and a left. He came across a long, dark room full of large columns. Argol appeared next to Matt a few seconds later and the two entered the room without saying a word. They traveled all the way down the room until Argol spoke up.
“Manta?”
A huge creature moved in the shadows.
“Argol is that you? I drank one of the potions that Malena left behind. It turned me into a beast! Nah, just kidding!” replied Manta as he stepped out of the shadows in a robotic dragon.
“You arse!” Argol said as he crawled up to the cockpit of the robot and punched Manta in the left arm.
“Aww come on, you have to admit it was funny” whined Manta.
Matt just stood there in awe.
“WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FINDING MY BROTHER!” yelled Matt before he sped out of the door and went down another winding hallway.
“What crawled up his arse and died?” questioned Manta.
Matt took a left, a right, and a left with Argol not far behind until he came across a room with a glowing green round pool in the middle of it. Matt leaned over the edge and saw millions of souls floating around in it.
“Well he has to be in here” said Matt.
Argol arrived just in time to see Matt dive into the pool. Matt sniffed the water and swam over to one of the souls. It was his brother but he had aged since they had last met and looked about 18. As soon as Matt grabbed his brother’s hand millions of other souls began attacking him in confusion. Matt quickly swam to the surface and his brother’s soul jumped straight into Argol. Matt looked in confusion as Argol fell to the ground.
“To get your brother back we have to give him a body, my body” said Argol.
“What? No! There has to be another way!” protested Matt.
“Don’t worry. This will be only temporary. My sister will know what to do”
“Damn you Argol. Fine, until we meet again then” said Matt as the two shook hands and Argol went limp, closing his eyes.
Argol’s eyes reopened seconds later.
“Hello brother”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment