Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - You Stand Before Me

Matt Khan and Argol Vazin. Two very different people from two very different worlds. What happens when fate brings them both together to rise up and fight for the ones that they care about? You'll have to read on to find out!

Chapter 15 - You Stand Before Me

Chapter 15 - You Stand Before Me
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: YOU STAND BEFORE ME

Everyone slept well into the day and it wasn’t until noon that the first of them began to wake up and cook breakfast. Matt left the mansion for a bit and came back with a dead pig and some eggs.
“Mmm, bacon and eggs” said Alex sleepily as he wandered past Matt who was standing in the doorway.
Matt went into the kitchen and with the help of Vivian and Skye he carved the pig into thin bacon strips and cooked them. The three of them then scrambled some eggs and put them in four different bowls.
“Should be enough for everyone” remarked Matt as they set the table and placed the food down.
The smell of the cooked bacon managed to wake the rest of the group up and make them drift over to the table where they grabbed a plate, helped themselves, and then went back to whatever room they had been sleeping in.
“What? No one wants to talk?” joked Matt as Argol headed back to his room.
The only response Matt got was a moan so he decided to just help himself and sit down at the table with Vivian and Skye.
“Maybe it was a bad idea to have let everybody have so much wine last night” commented Skye as Amy sat down at the table.
“Yeah. My head feels like it could explode. So why are you three so perky?” asked Amy as she shovelled scrambled eggs onto her plate.
“We didn’t drink” answered the three in unison.
Amy just looked at them and decided that she didn’t want to be around such perky people when she felt so bad.
“Well get better soon, we leave tonight!” shouted Matt as Amy walked out the dining room door.

* * *

By the time nightfall came everyone had recovered from their hangovers and were ready to take down Hades and Tiamat. Matt got his vest and cloak back from Amy who had burrowed an outfit from Skye. Everyone packed their weapons and head off, following the lead of Matt and Argol.
“So where are we going?” Argol asked Matt.
“Back to the cathedral in Europe. I have picked up the scent of both Tiamat and Hades, they are both there, ready to fight us” replied Matt.
“Oh. Okay” said Argol.
The group travelled as fast as they could, reaching Europe by midnight and getting to the cathedral about an hour later.
“I guess this is really it” stated Matt as everyone stood in awe of the cathedral.
“This is where it ends” said Argol.
“Well,” said Matt as he turned to face the rest of the group “This is what we have worked towards. Prepare yourselves, anything could happen here”
Everyone hugged each other and then moved forwards. Matt and Argol stepped into the cathedral first and looked around. It had changed a lot since the last time they were here. It seemed that the two villains had renovated the place, turning it into a dark, dank palace. Amy was next to go into the cathedral but an invisible wall stopped her. Matt and Argol turned around in time to see two massive trolls appear from nowhere and attack the group. The two of them tried to run back out and help them but the invisible wall prevented them from doing so and they could only watch. Alex came up to the doorway.
“Go on, we can take them!” he shouted.
Alex turned around to fight the trolls and a swinging club narrowly missed him. Matt tried to burst through the invisible wall but Argol stopped him.
“We have to end this right now!”
Matt backed away from the wall when he saw his brother turn into a bear-like form and maul one of the trolls.
“Thank you Malena” shouted Alex over the battlefield as he tested out his new ability.
Matt decided his brother would be able to handle himself so he and Argol ran up the cathedral’s steps and entered into a throne room. The room was painted a very dark gold colour and had two thrones within the middle of it. Sitting in the thrones were Tiamat and Hades.
“Welcome Mutt!” greeted Hades as he stared Matt down with an emotionless look.
Tiamat just nodded at Argol who acknowledged her and nodded back, throwing in a comment while he was at it.
“dog”
Matt and Argol drew their swords as Tiamat and Hades stood up from their thrones.
“I see you have Underworld Light with you” said Tiamat as she noticed the glowing white katana in Argol’s right hand.
“A gift from a soul” sneered Argol as he looked over at Hades.
“Ah yes, the mutt’s brother is alive and well again. That will soon change when we defeat you though!” stated Hades evilly.
“You will never get the chance!” shouted Matt.
Hades and Tiamat just laughed and then drew their weapons as well. Hades had rebuilt the Dragonite and Wolfram swords while Tiamat had acquired a new pair of sais.
“Prepare to die!” yelled Hades.
Argol and Matt charged at them but were soon stopped by a metal cage falling on top of them and trapping them within its bars.
“Dammit!” shouted Matt as he punched the bars.
Argol began launching fireballs out through the cage at Tiamat who dodged them and launched a few back herself.
“Fool” remarked Argol as her fireballs melted through some of the bars and created a hole out of the cage.
Matt and Argol quickly climbed out through the hole and sped towards their opponents. Matt went after Hades while Argol launched himself at Tiamat. Tiamat threw one of her sais which landed in Argol’s left shoulder. He stopped for a moment and then pulled the blade out and threw it back at her. It hit her in the leg and sent her into a kneeling position from the pain. Meanwhile, Matt was using his speed to attack Hades from different angles so that he didn’t have time to block the incoming slashes and stabs. Hades and Tiamat knew they were losing so they quickly fled to another part of the cathedral.
“Come back and fight us you cowards” shouted Matt as he and Argol ran after them.
Matt and Argol followed them up a flight of two hundred stairs until they came into a large attic full of dust and old treasure chests. One of the treasure chests was moving around and had little bits of light creeping from its cracks. Argol and Matt looked at each other and then lifted the lid of the chest. They were sucked through a portal and spit out onto a floating platform in the sky.
“This isn’t good” Matt commented.
The two of them looked around for a bit until Hades and Tiamat appeared out of nowhere.
“This is it. No place to run or hide. It ends now!” Argol shouted as he and Matt charged at Tiamat and Hades.
Hades called fourth some souls to detain Matt for a bit while Tiamat hurled fireballs at Argol. Both Matt and Argol managed to sidestep the attacks and continue their charges. Matt and Argol yelled as Underworld Shadow and Underworld Light collided with Hades’ and Tiamat’s blades. A flash of blinding light erupted from the weapons and screams were heard throughout every continent. When the flash of light died down two figures were seen walking away from the battle with cuts and bruises.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment