Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prelude

This is my second novel and the third in the Lone Wolf/ Red Dragon Series. The second in the series was written by my friend. Anywho, in this story a few people die, new friendships are formed, new loves discovered, and new enemies arise.

Chapter 1 - Prelude

Chapter 1 - Prelude
PRELUDE

Matt sat there next to Ragnor. Staring out at the ripples in the lake as he stroked the hair of the wolf and lost himself in a train of thought. They were gone. They were really gone and it was all his fault. He should have been there, should have protected them from the danger, but he hadn’t been and now they had been wiped from existence, killed slowly and painfully, and he couldn’t bear the thought of it. A tear was seen rolling down his cheek as he let his gaze fall from the lake to the ground beneath his feet. More tears came and fell to the ground, leaving tiny circles of water. The tears kept falling until they formed a small puddle on the grass. A hand laid itself on his shoulder and he stopped.
“I can’t imagine what you’re going through, but just know that I’ll always be here for you, no matter what”
Matt held the hand and prayed for it to be her. Prayed that it was just a bad dream and that if he closed his eyes and opened them again he would be in bed next to her. Staring at her lovingly as he watched her sleep. He would miss her deeply and nothing could be done to bring her back. He would miss the fact that her head would always find the right spot on his shoulder, he would miss how her hand always seemed to find his, and he would definitely miss how her kiss all of a sudden made everything in the world seem right. He held the hand tighter and knew in his mind that it wasn’t her. He looked up with tears still in his eyes. They blurred his vision but he could still see who it was.
“Thank you” Matt managed to say in a choked voice.
She sat down next to him and hugged him. Holding his head as tears fell onto her outfit.
“You’ll be okay”
“No I won’t, they were my life….my life”
An idea smacked Matt upside his head and he knew what he had to do.
“I want vengeance on the bastards who killed them”
The girl moved his head to look him in the eyes. They were white. Fur began growing all over his body as he began getting more muscular. His outfit stretched with his growing body. A tail and ears appeared and Matt stood up howling. The girl’s eyes were full of fear.
“Matt, please don’t! You'll get yourself killed!”
He wasn’t listening. He ran off into the forest with his claws outstretched, ready to tear apart anything that dared step between him and revenge. The girl sat there feeling alone as she watched him disappear. Ragnor stared at the girl for a second.
“I’ll look after him”
The girl stared in shock at the wolf.
“Did…did you just talk?” she asked.
“No, I did”
The girl stood up and faced the man standing before him.
“I can’t match his speed but I can follow his tracks”
“Thanks”
Alex looked at the girl for a while before turning his back on her.
“I guess it wouldn’t really be a good time to tell him that you love him, would it?”
The girl was left speechless as Alex turned into his bear form and ran into the forest after his brother. The girl finally stirred as Ragnor pushed up against her.
“I guess not”
She patted the wolf on the head and turned back towards the manor. A gust of wind blew through her fiery red hair as she walked with the wolf back towards the manor. As she got closer to the manor she noticed Vivian standing by the door looking into the forest.
“Great, now what are we going to do?” Vivian asked.
“I don’t know, without someone to lead how are we going to get by?” The girl asked with another question.
The two women stared into the forest and sighed.
“Come on, we’d better go tell the others” said Vivian after a few moments.
The wolf ran into the front door first followed by Vivian and then the girl.
“We had better tell Argol too” Vivian said.
The girl nodded as they moved through the manor into the training facility. They walked down the stairs in silence and followed the torch lit hallway until they came across a big area with just under a dozen people training with each other or with the equipment that was scattered around the place. The wolf ran up to everyone, licking them, and barking at them each in turn. The two women stood in a stone arena and waited as the others moved in and stood before them. When the last person had joined the group Vivian leaned towards the girl and whispered into her ear.
“So Rain, when are you going to tell Matt that you love him?”
“How does everyone know about that?!?!”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment