Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - roommates

Presea was so concerned with the well being of another that she put herself in danger to ensure her safety. later, her emotions begin to come back to her. after winged dragon fight. nothing explicit. it is highly reccomended you play that far first

Chapter 1 - roommates

Chapter 1 - roommates
O.K, this is my first fanfic, about my 37th attempt, and my second one that made it onto the computer. Not good at writing summaries am I. so crappy this story may seem. But flame not, for once actually read it is, suck it will not (hopefully). This story takes place after the first winged dragon fight. Bear in mind that my writing style is freaked up to a fault…unless you don’t mind using that squishy pink whosimawhatsit in yer heud. If you do read it, please write a review if you have the time. Thank you.

Chapter 1-Roommates
The tiny angel miraculously made her way through the chosen’s groupies in an effort to reach her perturbed friend. The image of her pale face remained embedded in her mind. It was eerie, she was making an odd face-a face that could be described as one that someone would make when their entire world tumbles down upon then, or perhaps when they have just discovered that they have lost something-or someone- very important to them, all things considered, these two situations may not be entirely exclusive of one another. But whether she had lost someone, something, or the sky fell on the littlest axman, she felt responsible for it.

It started a short time after the group had escaped the dragon nest. They knew their mission: to sever the mana links and separate the two worlds. They were determined and steadfast in the pursuit of this goal, but they were also tired. The decision was made to rest in the imperial city. Although they were all wanted criminals, the people of the city supported the chosen too much to turn them into the papal knights. On their way to the hotel, as was the routine now, the chosen’s ‘devout followers’ would swarm, making entrance nearly impossible. After squeezing through the mouse hole that was the door, they were finally able to find salvation in the form of locked doors.
The group needed to save their gald, so they rented four rooms, in spite of a certain gleaming knight’s protest, who insisted that he needed his ‘me-space’, and would feel cramped up with another person in there. The professor’s decision was absolute, however, so he relented, on the condition that he would room with “his great-chested hunny”. This earned him a sharp blow to the back of the head from the then furious acrobat. He took refuge from the concentrated mass of yells and curses behind the group’s master swordsman, whom, somehow became the silly redhead’s roommate…protection from “violent demonic banshees”, or simply because everyone else was so quick to choose theirs?
Whatever the reason, each person was paired with whoever was closest to them, weather it was emotionally or distantly is still unclear. Regardless, the axman spoke up when the professor’s decision was announced, something she did not do very often, and stated that she would sleep with the young angel.
She did not say this in that context of course.
She then provided an explanation for her decision, “We do not know if Cruxis has abandoned their plan of resurrection, therefore, I wish to be with her to ensure she is not abducted while she sleeps.” She paused and looked at the floor which seemed to have become very interesting for a few moments. She seemed to be trying to hide her face without using her hands, which would raise the questions “why?” and “how” The answers being “Indeterminable”, and “Apparently, moving her eyes away from theirs, which were currently the only part of her that could emote, therefore making them the sole representatives of her face.” “After all,” Another pause. Shorter. “I am responsible for her……recent ordeal…” All her short, yet time-consuming, explanation did was arouse suspicions that were supposed to have been cleared away, had they been there. Fortunately, her bravery during prior events warranted the trust of her comrades, and she went unquestioned.
The little warlock in the corner looked disappointed, and this was not overlooked by the professor, who was quick to point out the unapparent inappropriateness of her brother’s preferred decision. The now calm shinobi helped explain by stating “Didn’t I make it clear when I chewed out the philanderer over here?” who was clearly trying to put some space between her and said philanderer. This could contribute to the “determined by distance” theory briefly mentioned earlier, or perhaps she just wanted to get away from him.
The small boy looked up and to the left nervously at the large man in shackles. His gaze shifted to his sister and darted back again, and he looked rather distressed. He had not been particularly friendly towards the group’s battle artist when he had first joined them, provoked by his strange interest in the object of his affection. Now he was beginning to regret threatening to “turn him to ash” During his reminiscing, he had been staring at the floor, which was interesting again. When he looked up at his sister, she was no longer there. Now he really was beginning to panic. He let out a small yelp, and looked around the room frantically for someone he knew. He found one at the top of the stairs. The young man in bright red said goodnight to his friend, in a somewhat taunting fashion, probably revenge for something neither of them could remember.
His fear was not all that rational. As a half-elf, the child could use magic. Of course the weaving of mana took skill, and concentration, and time. In combat, the time needed to cast a spell was more than enough for someone such as his roommate to dispatch him thoroughly, although this situation is not likely of occurring. Despite being a convicted murderer, he had not broken any basic rules of conduct and had done nothing suspicious at all. He even insisted on keeping his shackles on. So there was no threat of physical harm, and the man wasn’t one to abuse verbally, so there was really nothing to fear, but…He was so large…

“Do not worry about me.” a large voice to match the man’s larger frame. “I will not crack your skull in while you are asleep.” It was a dangerous coincidence that this was the image that was playing in the mage’s head at that very moment. “I cannot use my feet to do that.”

“That was a joke.” The large man frowned slightly while saying this. After regaining his composure to a reasonable extent, the elf was able to speak again. “Well it didn’t sound like one…” It was at this point in time that the spiky-haired lad realized what he had done. He dashed down the stairs as quickly as he could without killing himself, which was quite fast as it turned out. When he reached his friend he spoke with a somewhat pleading voice. “I’m sorry, I dunno what I was thinking! Please, please, please don’t leave me with that guy!!” The swordsman’s pleas fell on deaf ears, as the little mage had already seen this coming, and had not hesitated to use it against the one who lay at his feet.

The chosen followed his “bud” to the lower level and complained about not getting any younger, and dragged him by the right arm up the stairs and to their room. The little boy looked on with sadistic pleasure as his companion was condemned to a one bed room (another money saving idea from the silver haired woman) with easily the most obnoxious person they had met. It was this very thought that reminded him his roommate…

Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Hybrid on June 14, 2006, 1:05:00 PM

Hybrid on
HybridI just now realized that i unintentionally put in a little ZelosxLLoyd right there at the end....Pathetic, considering how old this is. I. WILL. Finish this. i forgot what happened next, but i remember ch. 4. I'll BS #3, but try to make it good.

Hybrid on July 8, 2005, 12:07:51 PM

Hybrid on
Hybridalright ^_^ i just noticed that youv'e written nearly half of the tales stories here. wow. I guess if you've read, then others have too. and to those others, i'd very much appreciate your comments, as they will help me improve.

anime_kisekae on July 8, 2005, 7:04:35 AM

anime_kisekae on
anime_kisekaeI wanna read it! Please post it. I'm sure some other people have read it, but they're anomyomous or just don't comment.

Hybrid on July 6, 2005, 5:48:00 PM

Hybrid on
Hybridi'm finished with chapter 2, but i don't think the people wanna read it...

Hybrid on July 4, 2005, 9:47:51 AM

Hybrid on
Hybridmethinks the people don't like shoujo ai...

anime_kisekae on June 27, 2005, 3:50:17 AM

anime_kisekae on
anime_kisekaeHey, this is pretty good. I like your writing style. And yay for shoujo-ai! It's sooo hard to find any ToS shoujo-ai. I hope you finish soon! ^^

Hybrid on June 23, 2005, 6:49:18 PM

Hybrid on
Hybrid...ok if i don't get any comments I won't know what to improve on. i wouldn't want to post a bunch of crap, so gimme some feedback! there are only NINE stories here, it's hard to miss a newone just being added. and i am -not- posting this on fanfiction.net.

Hybrid on June 21, 2005, 6:54:21 PM

Hybrid on
Hybrido.k before everyone goes postal on me, please read it first. I tend to drag things out while trying to make things interesting at the same time. which is hard for me. but that doesn't matter cause youre not gonna get pissed for something like that are you? ... the rating says yuri, but THERE WILL BE NONE.
yuri=girlXgirl sex
shoujo ai=girlXgirl regular

k? =3 please don't flame me