Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Move

This is about a Vampire that changes his ways once he falls in love with a girl.

Chapter 1 - The Move

Chapter 1 - The Move
One day in a small town near Seattle dust rose in the distance of a dirt road. Slowly, a moving van pulled into the long gravel driveway of a huge abandoned mansion. A low rumble could be heard in the distance as another van pulled up behind the last one. A car pulled up behind the two vans blaring rock music. A tall teenaged guy stepped out of the car followed by his youngest sister. The young girl ran out of the car and stood in awe at the fifty-six acre plot of land. She stood on the small brick wall around the yard, holding onto a sturdy old fashioned iron wrought fence. Opening the sturdy gates with a screech, she ran to the edge of the woods where the fence ended. A mini van pulled up behind the car and three people got out, two adults and another teenager. The mother of the little girl stepped behind her.
“Be careful beyond this point darling. You’ll never know who’s in those woods. The woods are public property,” Her mom said cautiously, hoping her daughter will take her warning seriously.
The girl jumped in surprise not expecting her mom to appear. She nodded and ran into their new house.
The mansion had a fifty-six acre plot of land. The front was just a smaller front yard that was mainly the driveway and made the house look smaller than it originally was. The driveway was a huge curve that encircled the whole house including the garage then it returned back to the road. The yard was surrounded by a huge iron rod fence that opened at the end of the backyard and the beginning of the local public woods.
The house had a furnished basement except for the room before the boiler room and the boiler room itself. A main floor stood above that with a kitchen, bathroom, family room, living room, walk around porch, guest room, and a spiraling staircase up to the second floor. When you walked up the steps to the second floor you would find three bedrooms, personal bathroom for each one, and a main bathroom. Now there were two spiraling staircases, one on the left side of the floor going down, the other on the right side going up. If you went up the stairs you would find a guestroom, another bathroom, a study, library, sauna, spa, and last, but not least a playroom. Which they also called an electronics room where you would find three of everything that was hip in the technology world.
Savanah was a seventeen-year-old girl who had just moved from the busy city of New York. She was not happy to be moving from her hometown of busy streets and wild parties. But most of all she missed her best friend that she left behind, Katie. They used to share the best of memories including cute boys and the latest fashion. She also had a rich family including a mother, father, older brother, and younger sister.
“Hopefully things will change and I’ll get more privacy since we’re in the safe no crime Seattle” she hinted as her mom passed by.
“Oh don’t worry honey it already has.”
Yeah right it never does, thought Savanah. I hope I’ll be able to get into a relationship soon cause this is so not working. “Mom, will I have to share a room with Jenna again?”
“Don’t be silly Savanah we live in a mansion now not an apartment.” Her mom turned away then sharply turned back again as if forgetting something. “Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you honey we’re going to have you, Tim, and Jenna meet the next door neighbors tomorrow after we’re done unpacking.”
“But mom! The next house is a mile away!” Savanah sighed.
“We brought bikes for a reason didn’t we?” Again her mom turned to leave, with nothing else to say she headed for the front doors of their new mansion. Dreading the walk, Savanah remembered when they left town her bike was run over by the family van and got severely damaged. She walked into the huge mansion doors and decided that it would not be too bad after all. Looked for a room in the huge mansion then decided she wanted something dark and quiet, so she headed downstairs. She found a dome like room and thought that she aught to take a look. Savanah stepped in and screamed. She started to jump around excitedly in place; she had just found the room of her dreams. Savanah ran up stairs and gave her mom the thumbs up while heading out the door for her furniture. On her way out she felt like someone was watching her. She turned around, nobody. She saw a shadow by her; the shadow reflected a tall built figure with baggy clothes standing behind her. This time she turned around faster.
“God Tim, why do you have to scare me like that?” She yelled.
“Cause it’s a hoot! Like who wouldn’t want to do that to their little sis?”
“Can you stop?! I thought it was annoying at home and it’s no different here!”
“I think you’re mistaken sis. It’s a whole lot different now; we live in a house full of hiding spots and creepy stories. Why would I stop when I’m ahead?”
“You’re not ahead you’re just creepy. Now can you leave me alone?! I need to get my stuff.”
“Sure, but you’re just scared.”
“Am not!” Savanah ran off in anger towards one of the moving vans. She talked to the van driver and told him that everything marked S should be delivered in the new room. She showed the driver her room and started to make arrangement plans. Okay, I’ll plug my lamp in over by the door. The bed will go across from the door with the bedside table on the left side and the table lamp on top. Maybe I’ll put my tall rocking chair on the left side of the room with my full sized mirror next to it and my rug in front of the mirror. My dresser will go in between the mirror and bedside table. The desk on the right side of the room with my laptop above, oh yeah my filing cabinet to the right of that. My music stand, clarinet, guitar, and keyboard will go next to the built in bookcase. My music goes in the bookcase, which will be to the left of the rocking chair. Oh my goodness, I almost forgot my stereo…that goes…on the right side of the door! Savanah quickly wrote it all down on a piece of paper for the movers. She handed it to the movers, who quickly unloaded everything from the truck and started to head to her room following the map and the van driver.
They delivered the furniture and boxes while Savanah stood out of the way behind the door, which was left ajar, she realized that the door was made out of cedar, her favorite type of wood. As the movers finished and left the room Savanah gave the driver a good sized tip and walked inside to find it exactly the way she pictured it. Content, Savanah started to unpack the rest of her stuff.
She pulled out an alarm clock/radio out of a large cardboard box and set it on the bedside table next to the lamp. She then pulled out a picture of her best friend holding her guinea pig, Pehnnyea, and put it on the bed side table as well. Looking at the guinea pig picture reminded her that Pehnnyea was still in the van. She ran out to the van and grabbed Pehnnyea and the supplies then started back inside. She started to feel like someone was watching her again and decided that it was nothing so she continued walking.
“Tim that’s not funny cut it out. I’m not going to fall for it,” she yelled.
She felt a slight breeze and turned around to find no one behind her. She ran inside and settled down in her room. She set Pehnnyea at the foot of her bed on top of a yellow footlocker. She found a small crawlspace in the side of the room and set Pehnnyea’s supplies in there. She unpacked the last two groups of items in her box, her stuffed animals and her clothes. She quickly threw her stuffed animals on the bed and stuffed the folded clothes in her dresser drawers.
“DINNER!” she heard her family yell in unison. Jeez they know how to plan everything to make it get on my nerves, but at least I’m done unpacking, Savanah thought.
“Hey honey I’m glad you made it so quickly. I made your favorite dinner tonight,” her mom said anxiously.
“Weird question mom, does that mean we’re having homemade lasagna and salad, with root beer floats for desert?” she asked in a already knowing tone with a little bit of excitement too.
“As you would say, Duh!” her mom replied.
Pure paradise. I love the cool ice cream melting on my tongue being surrounded by root beer. I have finally found the trick to root beer floats, you have to soak the ice cream long enough so that the outside turns slightly crunchy. Savanah finished her root beer with one huge slurp and left with the cordless phone just when her parents started talking about their new corporate offices.
“I have an office now! No more cubicles!” her dad bragged.
“Wow the world is changing,” she heard her mom reply.
Savanah walked into her new room. Oddly enough this reminds me of a snow cone, I think it’s the dome shape. She turned on her radio and sat on her bed with the phone. She grabbed Pehnnyea out of her cage and set her on the bed too. She let her fingers push the ever so familiar number and started to call Katie.
“I’m sorry, but you do not have long distance service if you wish to continue with a ninety-nine cent a minute charge please press three now,” the phone replied.
Oh great now I can’t talk to my friend either! I guess I’ll try to relax a little. Savanah turned on the radio louder and started to sing with it. Before lying down she put Pehnnyea back in her cage, and put the phone in her bedside table drawer. Savanah put her radio on sleep so it would play and turn off in an hour. She set her head on the pillow and wished for everything to be back to normal, to be like it used to. If that wish couldn’t be granted she wished that her new place could be more adventurous then her old place. She fell asleep restless.
The grandfather clock in the living room struck three. Savanah opened her eyes wide for the third time. Still restless she turned over again hoping to fall asleep. She started to mumble and toss in her restless doze. The rug in her room started to grow in height. Two yellowish glowing eyes flashed from under it.
He quietly opened the trap door the rest of the way and slowly slinked out from the trap door space. He stood tall about five foot ten with a pale face and slightly sunken alert blue eyes and black hair. Okay, last night my mansion was just like any night and now this room is furnished. Oh no, I hope they didn’t sell it because no one was paying bills. Dang that must’ve been it…this house was supposed to seem abandoned…what went wrong? Oh well. I’ll try to make the best of my situation.
Slightly still asleep Savanah rolled over groggy and said,
“Dad it’s not even six yet what’s the rush?”
“Oh I’m sorry, but I just came down here to check on…your pet. Sorry to have woken you,” the stranger replied cautiously.
“Okay, thanks dad, good night,” she replied.
“You’re welcome,” he said relieved and slightly confused.
Why didn’t he know it was a guinea pig or that her name was Pehnnyea? She wondered. Why didn’t he even call me honey or darling or pumpkin? Wait! That’s not dad! Savanah realized the truth and snapped her eyes open in shock.
“Who are you? What are you doing here?” she replied in panic.
“Let me explain…”he said hurriedly.
“No get out! M-”
He covered her mouth with his hand hurriedly hoping that she didn’t wake anyone up. “Let me talk! Okay?!”
Savanah nodded slowly.
“Okay…I’m Zach I've been living here for the past year. I'm homeless and I needed shelter. Please don’t tell anyone that I’m here okay?”
Savanah nodded again.
He dropped his hand then wiped it on his jeans. He grabbed her shoulder firmly with one hand and grabbed her jaw with the other then kissed her lightly. He slid quickly back the way he came leaving her sitting wide awake with the kiss.
Savanah sighed dreamily. He’ll be back tomorrow, I just know it, I can feel it. She quickly fell asleep again, but no longer restless.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rosecrow13 on August 17, 2007, 3:24:51 PM

rosecrow13 on
rosecrow13This is really good. But where is her room exactly?