Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - No Room in His Heart

One man loves her... and so does another... One man is fortunate... and the other is saddened... The young princess finds the broken man and tries to heal his heart, and the other is consumed with the emotion of envy... (LinkxZelda)(PG-13)

Chapter 7 - No Room in His Heart

Chapter 7 - No Room in His Heart


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 7: No Room in His Heart





Do I love him? Zelda thought to herself. No... I should be saying 'does he love me?' Though it was the day after, what Patrick said the night before at the ball kept nagging her at the back of her mind. She could not get it out of her head:



"Surely he must mean more to you than that."



Twisted emotions collided and ran through the princess' mind. Frustration, sadness, confusion... she became overwhelmed as she paced in her room. Running her fingers through her hair and sighing heavily. Suddenly Zelda stopped when she heard a soft knock on her door and she went toward it and set her hand on the golden doorknob before opening it. It was the last person she wanted to see. It was Link.



"Link..."



"Zelda, I've wanted to ask you something... since last night."



"Anything, Link." Zelda said politely, as if it was a casual question.



Link paused for a moment and breathed in deeply, "Zelda, what do you think of me?"



Zelda shook her head and her eyes turned to a look of confusion, she replied quietly toward him, "Link... I don't know what you're-"



Surprise took her when Link briskly grabbed the sides of her shoulders and looked strait into her eyes noticing the deep blue of the sea once again. Link then raised his voice and a sound of desperation was carried in his tone.



"Zelda, I'm asking if you love me!"



That word called "love" made the butterflies in Zelda's stomach fly around and her heart began to pound as she stared into the eyes of the man who had asked her the question. Link's face was filled with seriousness and it only dragged Zelda further into pressure. She could no longer look at him and she turned her head away, fearing her ruin.



"I... I don't know..." Zelda quietly said, her voice shaking.



Link's grip loosened a bit on her shoulders and he looked down, away from her, and bent his elbows as he slouched over.



"Humph..." He said quietly, "If you asked me that question, I would have said the same thing... With these twisted feelings I still don't know what to do."



Zelda lifted his chin with her finger as he let go of her shoulders and eventually their gazes met once again. However, Link quickly pulled away from her soft touch. Zelda was about to touch him again, but she had to force herself not to. Hesitantly she pulled her hand away and lowered it back to her side. Zelda turned around and walked toward her window, where the fiery red curtains hung. She jumped when she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder and she turned around to find Link once again.



"I don't know if it's love." Link said, "I may just be having you for my comfort for my sadness... something I can turn to if I want to forget everything. I'm being selfish."



A stinging pain was felt in Zelda's eyes as she heard those words, "Link... I-"



"Zelda... if you love me, I don't know if I can give you the same in return. I know you have been trying to heal my heart... but no matter what happens, the sadness is still buried within me." Link lifted his hand off of Zelda's shoulder and turned away from her, "Not even you can make me forget..."



At last the tears came, but she was not crying for him, but crying for her foolishness. First one tear trickled down her cheek, then two... then Zelda fell to her knees and placed her hands on her face as she heard the door to her room close and Link's footsteps fade into the hallway. Then the sobs came... she thought he had come back.



~~~



Zelda did not have the heart to leave her room. Neither hunger nor thirst brought her out, for there wasn't any. The pain of hunger was not there, the only pain was the aching in her heart. Her eyes were now a swollen red from tears and her body becoming more and more frail. Her head pounded with pain, but Zelda did not even notice it because of her heart was turned toward Link... and every time it did, the pain kept coming and growing.



Now night had fallen, but she didn't bother to light a candle. Only weak, and dim moonlight leaked through her window, passed her red curtains and onto the floor. Zelda sat on her bed staring at nothing, an empty gaze that she could not cease.



I thought... he came back... but no matter how much I try... he's still the same Link as before- lost and confused... but this time I thought-



Zelda's eyes once again began to sting with sorrow and she clenched her fists as tears fell on her hands. She inhaled sharply and let out a small moan. She fell to the soft bed and her head became engulfed in the pillow and it absorbed her tears.



His sadness is still with him, it fills his heart... and there's no room for me. There's no more room in his heart...



Zelda's hand twitched as her hair fell over her chin while her perfect feminine body lay on the bed. More thoughts ran through her mind.



I envy his sadness...



Zelda squeezed her eyes shut as two more tears fell from her face, and eventually she had cried herself to sleep. However, even in her dreams, Zelda still thought about Link and she would often call out his name in her sleep, hoping that somehow he would come back to her.



~~~



Link sat on the ledge of his window his eyes downcast toward the ground. The moonlight glistened on his pale skin. His fingers twitched before he raised his head, staring into the shadows of the room. From there he looked up to the waning moon, his deep eyes reflecting the dim light. Link looked up, thinking of Zelda...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Riverwind on August 11, 2005, 5:12:50 AM

Riverwind on
Riverwind*sigh* How Romantic!