Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - The Smile

One man loves her... and so does another... One man is fortunate... and the other is saddened... The young princess finds the broken man and tries to heal his heart, and the other is consumed with the emotion of envy... (LinkxZelda)(PG-13)

Chapter 14 - The Smile

Chapter 14 - The Smile


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Chapter 12: The Smile



"So... Patrick was an impostor?" The king said, sitting on his throne rubbing both his eyes with his forefinger and thumb, "He was Roy, the Assassin Lord of Hyrule?"

"Yes, milord." Zelda's servant said bowing her head, "He had taken Zelda away, I knew not of his intentions, but milady informed me that Sir Link saved her, and Patrick had slain himself."

The king remained silenced in the throne room, the remains of the servant's voice echoing throughout the large hall. It was early morning outside, however, it had been raining a dreadfully long time since the sun began to rise. The sky was a dull grey from the heavy clouds covering the sun's rays. Droplets pounded on the windows, as if wanting to enter into the throne room. The silence was broken with a heavy sigh coming from the king.

"Perhaps I have been foolish." He started, "It seems Link does care for my daughter... so much that he would risk everything for her and even die for her and he has done so over these past six years... how blind I was." He looked to his side to see the rain still pouring down in great abundance, as if repaying for all the tears that were spilt these past six years, "Please inform the princess that she will wed Sir Link, and give her my most sincere apologies."

"Yes... your Majesty."

Zelda had just reached the door to Link's room when the servant tending to him had come out carrying all her supplies. She glanced at the princess and stopped to find a concerned look on the princess' face.

"How is he?" She said eagerly.

"He has a strong will to live, milady. He's broken his fever, so he'll be just fine."

Zelda hastily opened the door and stepped in, but stopped herself when she found a figure lying in the soft bed before her. Now slowly she closed the door behind her, closing off the distant murmuring outside the room and entering into a silenced room where the only noise was the rain knocking against the window. Zelda did not keep her eyes off Link, who lay in the bed, eyes gently closed and golden locks falling to the sides of his face. Bandages were on almost every part of his body, and what covered most of them were his white garments placed on him after he was freed from his previous bloody attire and a white sheet that was revealed when the red comforter was drawn back.

The princess gently took Link's hand and placed the other on top of it, having his in between her hands. She rubbed each of his fingers while looking at his angelic face and observed his dull yet perfectly carved lips. She laid his hand back down so it draped over his stomach and she stood up to leave. Before she began to head out she stroked his bandaged cheek with the back of her hand.

"Rest, Link..."

When she turned to leave, her hand was grasped and Zelda turned around letting out a light gasp to find Link holding onto her. His piercing and gentle blue eyes gave butterflies in her stomach and she continued to stare at him.

"Please... don't go, Zelda."

His fingers intertwined with hers and pulled her gently toward him. She willfully came closer to him and she sat on the foot of the bed. Link let go of her hand and tried to sit himself up, but grimmaced from the pain in his stomach. Zelda quickly leaned forward and held his back so he wouldn't fall over.

"Link, you must'nt sit up! You'll open your wounds..." Zelda said worridley finding Link once again grasping onto her free hand.

"I'll be fine, no need to worry about me."

Link took deep breaths to regain his energy that he had lost from trying to sit up so suddenly, and for a moment there was silence. Zelda still found him grasping her hand tightly as if he were a child carrying a precious toy. Link suddenly turned his head away from her, and looked out the window where the dreadful overcast remained.

"Zelda... when you embraced me..." He said as flashbacks of the fearsome battle raced through his mind, "...why were you crying?"

Zelda remembered as well, the warmth she had given to Link to protect him from Roy's blood-stained sword. The coldness that was still in him... the tear that rolled down her cheek... it all once again came back to her.

"I was worried..." She said, "I thought I was going to loose you, and that thought gave me a little taste of the living hell I could have been remaining in this hour..."

"You... shed tears for me..." Link gently said as he lifted her hand to his chest, "Dear Zelda... please do not worry... my heart still beats, and it beats for you."

A smile crossed Zelda's lips as she looked into his adoring eyes. She felt the heart that she had tended to with her own hands, and she could see that in Link's eyes he was truly grateful to her. The rain outside began to lessen as Link drew himself closer to her and gave her many kisses on the lips, and after three kisses they parted for a second and exchanged smiles. Zelda curled her fingers around the back of his neck and pulled him in, this time for a deep and slow kiss. Link's lips covered hers with a leathery smoothness and he could smell her rose scent as he brushed her lips. When they parted, Link lowered his head so he was now resting on her lap. Zelda lifted her hand and ran her finger along his long and narrow ear. She gave another smile.

"Patrick... I mean Roy was right about one thing, Link..." Zelda started, "Our lives aren't perfect fairy tales... we recieve trials and sufferings... but that is what brought us together, Link. The fairy tale I always read... it is the story of how my mother met my father... I always read the end, because that's the best part, but the beginning is miserable... I suppose I didn't want my life to be like that..."

Zelda ran her fingers through his golden hair and then stroked his cheek. Oh, how Link enjoyed the carress of this angel. Her touch was as if it was a dream, and at times he thought if he was dead, because it seemed he was in heaven, safe in Zelda's embrace... and her voice... it was so soothing and gentle to his ears.

"In the past... both you and I have suffered on our paths... but those paths led to a crossroad, and now we share the same path... and have grown to love each other."

"I do love you, Zelda." Link finally said, his heart beginning to pound, "Thank you so much for everything you've done for me..."

Zelda's hand froze at his statement and she fluttered her eyes. Did he just say that? Her heart pounded underneath her chest... he had never said that directly toward her before. Yet, here he was, confessing all his feelings in just four words, "I do love you". Her muscles eased and she looked out the window to find the rain had at last stopped, and she whispered.

"I will always love you as well, Link..." She looked at him, "Don't ever forget that."

Link looked up at her and smiled, as the sun at last broke through the grey clouds and began to shine through the window. His grin widened as he continued to look at her and he closed his eyes and fell asleep on her lap. Zelda looked down and smiled at him. She knew this would happen. Link had just given her a smile from the bottom of his heart.

The End

of

To Love Another

"I know he has chosen that path... for his sister... I know that... I knew that, but..."

"Someday, Link, a thing that you will give me... something that will pass your lips... a smile... a smile from the bottom of your heart... I believe so."

"I won't take my eyes off of you and your battle... ever... I will welcome you with open arms... and you'll be home again..."

"In the past... both you and I have suffered on our paths... but those paths led to a crossroad, and now we share the same path... and have grown to love each other."

"I do love you, Zelda. Thank you so much for everything you've done for me..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thus, one of my definitions of "love" (yes, I believe there's more than one... such as friendship, and obsession over one thing etc.) Basically I'm saying it doesn't always include the, "Oh, I love you! Let's make out!" Sometimes it's just caring and service:D You know what I mean? Well, it's finished! Now "Patrick"/Roy can get what he wants.

Hyrule Master: (Hands "Patrick" a bowl of Lucky Charms)

"Patrick"/Roy: (GASP) LUCKY CHARMS! They're magically delicious!

Hope you enjoyed!

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lanayru on May 9, 2007, 10:20:39 AM

Lanayru on
LanayruCan't forget Patrick/Roy's Lucky Charms! xD
And could you give me some tips on writing? i love to write stories! including my two here, "Rage and Revenge" and "Twilit Wolf" I really would like some advice.

Hylian_Ice14 on January 1, 2006, 10:03:41 PM

Hylian_Ice14 on
Hylian_Ice14Quite possibly the best fanfic I've ever read. I really think that you'll go far with your artistic and writing talent.

That's my idea of love, too. It's not all making out at all. It's just wanting to be with them, and wanting to watch something like the sunset or the rain with them. I have someone like that, only he's too oblivious to know it... /._.\ ;_;

Anywho, that's the guideline I use when I write a story. (Like the one I've been working on for two years, that's just reached 67 pages X.X)

So, before this comment reached 67 pages (X-P), I'll say, once again: spectacular job and keep up the great work!

-:-Ice-:-
(WHOOOOO that comment is a doozy *.*)

Froze8 on November 10, 2005, 11:37:45 AM

Froze8 on
Froze8That was amazing!
Froze8

RaexBB_4ever on September 27, 2005, 2:04:17 AM

RaexBB_4ever on
RaexBB_4ever*CRY'S*OMG that was so sad*Sniff*I love this story*Cry*I put it in my favs so other people could read it*Sniff Sniff*WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PPL!!!!!COMMENT THIS IS A GREAT STORY!!!!!!I'm not talking about you Riverwind you commented on every chap.SO COMMENT!!!!!!!FAVS+*Sniff*

Riverwind on September 1, 2005, 4:25:05 AM

Riverwind on
Riverwind*squeal* I LOVED IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! *calms self down* Your a really telented writer, your one set story was really good now that I think about it, that one-shot story your wrote Shores of the Sea I was thinking 'is that the prologue? It fits really well into the story, Link comming back to Zelda after many years, then fallng in love again. But she fell in love with him. Can't happen twice so I was like then the epologue she still comes to him with open arms. I love that scentence its so romantic! Well keep up your writing skills. Bye!
Your Dear Fan
-Riverwind