Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Truth

Ok...Basically it's about a dog who makes a bet with Santa to become human but in order to stay human he must show his owner; Yume the true meaning of X-mas and he only has 14 days.

Chapter 2 - Truth

Chapter 2 - Truth



Chapter 2: Truth



       

        Yume woke up. Her clock said six pm.
        
        Why am I in my bed? Did I fall asleep? Was it all just a dream? Or was that boy real, really
Kiba? My mom should be home now. Maybe she knows what happened.
        
        A bunch of questions filled her head. She staggered out of her bed and headed to the living room to find her mother sitting down watching television.

        ``Mom where's Kiba? And what happened to me?'' Yume Blurted out. Tears filled her eyes.

        ``Yume calm down. Kiba's in the other room. Let me tell you what happened. When I came home I saw a boy with dog ears. He was in our house, pacing back and forth and he looked surprised and anxious to see me. I panicked and whacked him with my purse. After I hit him about four times he told me that he was Kiba. I stopped and listened to his story. He told me that Santa granted him a wish and he said that he wished to become a human. So Santa said ok and granted his wish. I didn't believe this at first either, but he really has real dog ears and everything. Yume, he is not lying.'' Amaya said.

        ``That guy is in the house?!''

        ``In the other room. Hold on. Kiba come here!!'' Amaya yelled his name and out appeared a boy. The same boy with the dog ears.

        ``Good. Your finally awake.'' Said Kiba.

        ``You believe him?? What made you believe that Kiba is really him?''

        ``I asked… about Souta. I asked him about Souta and what happened two years ago. He gave me the correct answers. I asked him hard things too.'' she explained.     
        
        `` So he is really Kiba?'' Yume asked. She had mixed with feelings about all of this. Was this the truth? Or was it all a lie? She was tired of lies.

        ``Yes. Now listen. We are not going to just dump Kiba out of the house just because he is a human. He can have the pull out bed in your room. So you make his bed while I go out to go get some dinner. I`ll be back soon.'' Amaya said as she headed out the door.

        ``Ok.'' Yume said. She still was a little confused.
        
        `` I'm sorry if I scared you. Are you ok now?''
        
        ``Yeah. I guess so. So you really are my dog.''

        ``I'm not a dog anymore!!'' Kiba replied happily.


        ``The bed is done. Later I should teach you how to act human. And you also need to clip your nails so you'll look less weird. When you go outside you should wear this.'' Yume gave him a hat. `` You don't want anyone see your ears and attract attention. Anyways I must ask you some questions. Are you really colorblind? How good is your nose? What about your ears? Do you like having thumbs? How old are you?'' Yume asked.

        `` Hmm… you're a curious one. Jeez…Ok Let me think… No the world is colorful, great, even better, I love thumbs, and I guess since I am not a dog I am… about 16 or 17.''

        ``When mom gets back we'll have dinner.'' Yume said. Just then the door opened and Amaya
came in with a bag of groceries. ``I guess we are eating now.''

        ``Wow what smells? Is that the groceries?? It smells so good. So um… did you buy any dog
treats?''

        `` Yep. You`re a dog in a humans body so I said why not you might still like them.''

        ``What's for dinner?''

        ``Chicken.''

        ``What's chicken?''

        ``Really good food.''

        ``What does it taste like?''

        ``Well you just have to find out when you taste it. ``

        ``Ok.'' Kiba said giving up.
        
        `` Hey Yume; while I am making dinner why don't you take Kiba upstairs and get a pair of your father's old pajamas for him to sleep in later tonight.'' Amaya said.

        ``Ok; whatever.'' Yume said as she led Kiba upstairs. Yume walked to her mother's room and
opened the door slowly. The knob made a little squeak which made Kiba's ears twitch. Inside Yume
hesitantly opened the closet door Where she found a bunch of old clothes. ``Here take this. It'll probably fit.''

        ``Sooo… how did he die? I never found out.''

        ``Oh… well if you really want to know.''

        ``Yes. I want to know. That's why I asked you.''

        ``He died in a car accident.'' Yume yelled as she ran out the room. She had tears in her eyes. She ran down the stairs and before her mother caught her she was already out the door.

        ``Yume!! Come back!'' Kiba started to run after her. Amaya grabbed her coat and ran after them.

Kiba ran as fast as he could. Which was pretty fast. ``Yume!!'' he cried. He finally caught Yume's shirt.         ``Yume what the hell is wrong with you?'' She looked at him and broke down in tears. She grabbed a hold of his shirt and clung on to it forgetting who she was crying on. Kiba was astonished. He never thought that he would experience this.

        Umm… ok… This is weird. What the hell am I suppose to do? What's wrong with her?

        Yume pulled away. She fell backwards and landed in Amaya's arms. Luckily it was dark outside and in the area of Tokyo that they lived in the streets weren't so packed. So nobody saw. Yume cried herself to sleep in Amaya's arms and Kiba carried her home on his back.









Update/ Author's note thingy - I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!! YOU BETTER LIKE IT! I'M FRICKEN NOT JOKING! Ok… Oh yeah. Yume's dad's name is Souta. Like So-ta. Not Soda. That reminds me… *gets soda from fridge* Alrighty then… READ THE NEXT CHAPTER AND OBEY THE ALMIGHTY KRISTIN!!! J/K! This was a story I had to do for English class and it had to be about Christmas so now I am redoing it. JJJJJJJJJ

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

LisaFields on June 14, 2005, 12:21:34 AM

LisaFields on
LisaFieldsYour stories are really nice!
*faves*
More!More!^-^




Ruroni_Otaku on June 11, 2005, 8:33:16 AM

Ruroni_Otaku on
Ruroni_Otakuthis is indeed awesome! i cannot wait for the rest!

Demon-King-7 on June 5, 2005, 12:24:43 PM

Demon-King-7 on
Demon-King-7*___* Woooow! You are an AWSOME writer!!! I liked the way you wrote it. Very nice ;) Keep it up!

AngelKite on June 4, 2005, 6:57:48 PM

AngelKite on
AngelKiteYou're great at writing!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job!
Can't wait for the next chapter!
I love reading^^