Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Sweet Memories

Ok...Basically it's about a dog who makes a bet with Santa to become human but in order to stay human he must show his owner; Yume the true meaning of X-mas and he only has 14 days.

Chapter 3 - Sweet Memories

Chapter 3 - Sweet Memories
Chapter 3: Sweet Memories

[/b]
        Kiba took Yume upstairs and placed her in her bed. He tucked her in and turned off the light. Then he went downstairs to be greeted by Amaya.

        ``What exactly happened to Souta? How did he die?'' Kiba asked.

        ``Well it all started two years ago. Souta left for work. Since the restaurant closed late that day; we did not expect him to be home till around ten. So Yume and I sat around waiting for him to come home. It was Christmas Eve. It was around eleven thirty and we thought something was weird because he was not home yet so we decided to call him at his job to see what was taking so long. Some man answered the phone and told us that he left around ten. We tried to call his cell and no one answered. We waited for a while later and at 12 we got a phone call from the hospital saying that he got seriously wounded in a car accident. Around two am he died. I didn't want her to know yet and I told her that he was still wounded in the hospital. That's when we got a call from them saying that they needed to know what to do with the body. She found out that I had lied to her and her father was gone forever. That`s why Yume hates Christmas.'' Amaya said as she wiped a tear in her eye.

        ``How did it happen? The car accident?`` Kiba asked. His voice was bitter cold and had no sign of sympathy.

        ``There was a group of teenagers who were well, drunk and they were driving home on a wet cold night. Souta was leaving and the road was icy and narrow. He didn't see them and swerved out of the road and into a ditch where he hit a tree. He was so nice. He always stayed at the restaurant until every last customer was satisfied. He was a great cook and always made his meals special somehow.''

        ``Nobody deserves to die like that. I'm sorry.'' Kiba said. His voice was still cold.
        
        ``It's not your fault. Yume just gets mad and cries almost every time he is mentioned. She is really sensitive.''

        ``I know how she feels.''         


        ``My mother was a pure-breed champion Alaskan Malamute. She was mostly silver with splashes of black and white on her. She had a thick coat and two silver eyes. Her name was Kita. She met my dad who was a wolf. He was all black with golden eyes. His name was Luc. I was the last and only one who survived in my litter. After that my parents were sold and beaten severely if they didn't do work. My mother gave up her will power and starved to death. My father was beaten to death after he bit one of his owners. After that I ended up in many different places. They always kept moving me. It was horrible. I never saw my parents again.''

        ``That's so sad.'' Something made a loud beep and Amaya asked Kiba to go and get Yume. With that Kiba as he ran up the stairs. He slowly opened the door to her bedroom. She was staring at a picture.

        ``Hey. I thought you were asleep.'' Kiba said. Yume jumped a little. She didn't notice him standing there.


        ``Oh. Hi. Is the food ready?'' said Yume.

        ``Yeah. It just finished cooking, I know how you feel. My parents both died when I was really young, `` Kiba told her. He sat down looked at the picture with her. It was Souta. He was a tall man. He was midsize and had dark brown hair. His eyes were a deep blue color.

        ``Let's go eat.'' Yume said. She tried to get up but couldn't.

        ``Need a hand?'' Kiba asked, ``Instead of putting out his hand he bent down so she could get on his back. She climbed on.

        ``Kiba I can walk.'' Yume replied.

        ``It's easier this way. Now, hold on.'' Yume held on. He recklessly jumped up almost knocking over a lamp. ``Whoops.'' he cried. Yume tightened her grip. He was really strong even though he didn't look it. His ears twitched and they headed toward the kitchen. Yume jumped down and got Kiba a plate.
        
        `` Food! Yum. I remember you always feeding me scraps of this stuff now that I think about it . This and fish. Is this stuff chicken or is it fish?'' Kiba got confused for a minute. He couldn`t read the labels. (He had an excuse unlike Jessica Simpson. LOL)

        ``This is chicken.'' Yume told him. He happily ate his chicken after much struggle with the fork.

        ``Kiba while I clean up this mess why don't you go get a shower.'' Amaya started to sweep. ``Yume why don't you show Kiba how to work the shower then we can after he's done we can put a movie on.''

        ``Ok.'' said Yume.

        ``What's a movie?'' Kiba asked.

        ``It's like a really long TV show.''

        ``What's a TV show?''

        ``Something you watch for entertainment.''

        ``You meant the big black picture box with all the buttons?''

        ``Uh…Yep. That's it.'' Yume gave Kiba a weird look.

        ``Cool.'' Yume led Kiba upstairs and told him how to turn the shower on.

        ``Look it's not going to hurt you. It's water.'' Yume told him.

        ``I don't care there is no way in hell I am getting in there.'' Kiba yelled, ``I remember last time. That was a nightmare. I got soap in my ears.''

        ``Kiba; you have hands and fingers now and you can control what's going on your head and what's not.'' Yume yelled back at him.

        ``No damn way!'' Kiba yelled. Yume turned the shower on and managed to get him to take off his shirt. ``You are not making me get in that box full of water.'' Yume and Kiba argued for another five minutes. Then the unthinkable happened. Since the shower curtain wasn't closed the floor was drenched. Yume walked closer to him to yell at him some more and slipped on the wet floor. She fell into Kiba's arms knocking him backwards into the shower. They both sat there. Cold, wet, and in still in shock of what just occurred. Yume was still in his arms looking up at him while Kiba looked down at her. A minute later Yume shot up. She grabbed a towel and headed to her room where she would go change. Unknowing what to do Kiba followed her. He walked right into her room while Yume was changing shirts. There was a huge scream and the word Pervert after that. Followed by an ``OW'' and ``What the Hell was that for!?'' Five minutes later Yume stomped down stairs and sat on the couch next to her mother.

        ``Not a word.'' Yume sat still. Amaya burst into a laugh. She laughed so hard she was in tears. Just then Kiba came down the stairs. He finally changed into Souta's clothes and sat on the couch with them. Amaya was still laughing.

        ``I still don't get why you hit me.'' Kiba mumbled to himself.

        ``Perverted Dog!'' Yume said out loud. Amaya had grabbed a movie and placed it in the DVD player. It was a Christmas movie. Kiba jumped up and stared at the television. He was trying to figure out if there was any sign of The True meaning of Christmas.

        ``I got it the true meaning of Christmas is Christmas gifts! Presents. Receiving! That was easy!'' Kiba shouted.

        ``Kiba are you okay?''

        ``Yeah I'll be right back.'' Kiba grabbed his hat and ran out the door.

        ``Kiba where are you going?'' Yume yelled at him. ``Come Back!!'' Yume started to run after him but she was stopped by her mother.

        ``Don't worry Yume. He'll be back.''      

        ``Santa Claws! Where are you? I have found the true meaning of Christmas.'' The few people on the street looked at him like he was crazy.

        ``Kiba. Come here. So what do think the true meaning of Christmas is?''

        ``It's about presents and receiving right?''

        ``Kiba; that's not the true meaning of Christmas. Not even close. Sorry Kid.'' Santa said. Kiba ran back to the house. The movie had ended and Amaya got up to go to bed. Yume don't forget tomorrow is your last day of school before the Christmas break so make sure you have your uniform ready.

        ``Ok.'' Yume said. She and Kiba went upstairs. Yume got her uniform out. It was a blue school girl skirt and a white top. The top had a red scarf that went to it. The collar and the cuffs of the uniform were also blue. She laid them out.


        Sorry Kiba I forgot I had school tomorrow. It's the last day.'' Yume said. She was still mumbling about it.

        ``It's ok. I'll see you when you get off.'' He said. Yume turned off the lights and they both fell asleep.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Windwaker_exe on July 28, 2005, 9:06:21 AM

Windwaker_exe on
Windwaker_exeAwesome, write more real soon.
This story rocks! *favs*

AngelKite on July 19, 2005, 7:57:20 PM

AngelKite on
AngelKiteOh yeah....encore!Encore!!!!!!

Demon-King-7 on July 9, 2005, 9:08:30 AM

Demon-King-7 on
Demon-King-7:D Yay! Second chappie! This an awsome story; keep it up!

AngelKite on July 8, 2005, 7:31:34 PM

AngelKite on
AngelKiteI can't wait for the next chapter!
I wish I could write like that.............