Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five

Sandy was always the non-conformist. She never wanted to be like everyone else, never wanted to not stand out in a crowd. She was independant and reckless.
Then she was shipped off to Cormerick's School for Unfortunate Talents.

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five
Chapter Five

Slam! Someone was home from school, where normal unendowed people went. Sandy expected it to be one of the girls, but the footsteps headed toward her end of the house.
"Oh, you're home already." Charlie said, smiling at her cheerfully.
There was mom for you, brave enough to send you to a school with unfortunate in the title, but incondiserate enough to not tell anyone else so they could leave your butt alone.
Sandy didn't trust her voice, or face, or anything really. Not even Charlie who had no idea what was going on. So she kept her back to the wall and said nothing.
"Uh, Sandy?" He came over to her. Sandy hadn't cried since she was two, so she was deeply afraid when tears began to pour out her eyes. She rolled face down into the pillow.
"Charlie?" Her voice was quiet, an unnatural phenomenon. But Sandy didn't go on. She didn't want to say anything. Her brother became alarmed, Sandy was never like this.
"Sandy, what's wrong?"
A burst of fury cut through Sandy. Her parents were shipping her off to school, because of a so-called magical talent! Sandy sat up. She didn't care about her tear stained face.
Charlie looked at her with concern. Sandy normally would have been grateful, but only fear and a sense of injustice would come. She tried so hard to keep her mouth shut, she really, really did...
"It's alright, Sandy." Charlie said. He was only trying to make her feel better.
"It is NOT alright!!! I don't want to be a freak, and I don't want to talk to you! Why can't everybody just leave me alone? I hate mom for being such a prick, I hate Lindsey for being so snobby to me since the day she was born, I hate Effel for trying to make me more like her, I hate Cammy for being a tattletale know-it-all, and I hate dad for being so dissapointed in me all the time!!!" Sandy yelled, covering her own ears, her voice was so startlingly loud, "And you! I hate you, Charlie. I hate you because the only person who can understand me doesn't even understand himself, because you're such a slob, because you LET me be such a tomboy and tease me for anything girly I do, even though you have a thousand girls fawning over you...and you can't even get the girl you like to date you. You think you're the perfect, funny, people person everyone loves, but you're NOT!"
Sandy bit her lip. That was Charlie's one sore spot, being yelled at. Nobody yelled at Charlie. Everybody knew Charlie loved and understood all. Nobody had any right to yell at perfect, agreeable Charlie.
Her brother gave her a blank look and then left without a word, shutting her door soundly even though he knew she hated it.
The power of complete destruction.
That seemed very possible at this point.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment