Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Chapter Fourteen

Sandy was always the non-conformist. She never wanted to be like everyone else, never wanted to not stand out in a crowd. She was independant and reckless.
Then she was shipped off to Cormerick's School for Unfortunate Talents.

Chapter 14 - Chapter Fourteen

Chapter 14 - Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fourteen

"Korey! Korey! Where are you? Please come on, we really want to go in now and there's something out there! I know that sounds stupid, but there is, so just come on!" Sandy was not panicking, she was oddly calm, even though she knew that Korey was out there, alone, with that horrible, evil wolf.
With a mouth resmbeling Korey's.
And eyes like the sea after a storm...
Suddenly she knew something that she wished with all her might was not the truth. Then, there came that vertigo she had felt so often before...
Once in time,
He was your best friend.
But now, when things change,
The friendship must end.
For if it goes on,
You both will regret it.
You must cut the ties,
And try to forget it.
Sandy blinked. Why did she have to be cursed with these things? It couldn't be true. No, no, no...not Korey. He was silent and mysterious, sure! But he was sweet, and he was funny, and he was her friend!
It can't be true, she told herself, it can't. It just can't!
But deep inside she had already drawn herself together and built a wall around her heart. When the strange sensation of vertigo ended, she no longer felt like sinking to her knees or even shedding a single tear.
She had been so stupid.
"Come on." She muttered to Charlie.
Charlie looked at her in shock, she was wild and unpredictable, surely, but she had always been loyal to her friends! There had to be a good reason for leaving Korey out in the night when something was going on. So blindly, Charlie followed his sister home. And when there, they both went to bed without much talking.
But somewhere else someone was still wide awake.
"The girl?"
"She's being disposed of tonight." Illudra drummed her fingers in impatience.
"What about the boy?"
"Weak. He wont tell anyone and no one will figure it out."
"But? If he does?"
"The vial."
"Vial?" Lady Cormerick furrowed her delicate brows in cunfuddlement.
"Poison, he thinks is a cure for his...curse. Lady, I assure you, nothing in this plan can go wrong."
The two women departed, the only trace of their meeting a burning candle, soon to go out.
---
Korey felt stupid. And awful. And full to bursting of guilt. Even after he had tried to kill her Sandy had still tried to find him and help.
Why did you do this? He asked himself. Why?
The vial was why. What to do with it? Should he even use it?
Not now, maybe later. He tucked it into his jeans.
Now, where to stay the night?

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Immortally_Broken on February 1, 2006, 8:18:13 AM

Immortally_Broken on
Immortally_BrokenI'm sorry. I was just trying to make it sound less Charlie Bone -ish. xD

art_chick on November 17, 2005, 9:56:05 AM

art_chick on
art_chickSTAB! U SO CHANGED THAT THING! o well like it better! : )