Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Prolouge

A small story/book I'm writing in my spare time.

Chapter 0 - Prolouge

Chapter 0 - Prolouge
PROLOUGE

So, it’s a normal day, just like always. Nothing much going on, just walking through the hallways at this extremely captive, “public” establishment. I look to my left to see the awful looking wall, lined half-way by a strip of cork, for papers to be pinned to. I continue walking, and reach the door. Opening it, I look about, realizing there are, of course, people attending the school.

I walk in silence to my locker, and dreadfully dial the 3 number combination. I slowly push the small lever with my finger, and easily as possible, open the locker. Creeeeeeeeek. Wow, it really has to do that every time, huh? I can’t even explain how annoying it is.

I slowly remove a Civics book, and a notebook of random color. I have all colors, just about, and they’re all pretty much for the same thing. Goofing off. So, off I carefully tread to class, playing in my mind with the lines on the floor, pretending that I can’t step on them, lest my foot be cut off or something.

I enter class, and find the nearest table to sit in, and hope it’s one in the back. We have assigned seats, but too bad that it doesn’t mean anything. You really just sit where you want to.

As I place my butt in the seat carefully, I turn to the front of the classroom. Class hasn’t started, and everyone is goofing and talking, and throwing notes. Speaking of throwing notes, one flew through the air, and bounced off my forehead onto my desk.

I looked over. Everyone was chatting and playing around as usual. No hint of who threw it, they sure clean up good. I opened the note, and began reading it.

Hi,
You don’t know who this is, but it’s a girl. Well, you see, I’ve been checking you out for a real long time, but never spoke up. But anyway, let me get to the point. I would be amazingly honored if you would attend the school dance with me. Circle one and throw the note at the empty desk, I’ll catch it, so you can see who I am.


Yes or No


I can’t believe it! I’m actually being asked out! All too hurriedly, I scribbled a circle on the yes and tossed it at the desk. A long arm with a lovely hand attached reached out and snatched it directly from the air, without even slipping up.

I looked who the arm was connected to. It was a girl I hadn’t ever seen before. Was she in this class? I’d never even noticed before. I scrambled to the empty desk behind her, and jumped in before the teacher noticed the move. I easily lay a hand on her shoulder. “What’s your name? I’ve never seen you around.” I nervously stated. “I’ve been here all year,” she replied, non-chalantly.

She dropped her hand on mine, and turned her face towards me, with a flirting grin. “Why haven’t you noticed me, have you been too busy staring at the cracks in the floor, playing ‘dodge-the-laser’?” She smirked. “How did you-,” “My little brother plays it.” She answered before I could get in any more.

Once more, I looked up. She was beautiful! Her face carved perfectly, like a sculpture. It was rounded at the cheek bones like a goddess, and her eyes fit the color of the blue skies, and the golden heavens mixed together, and her voice, smooth like running honey. It was soothing to listen to.

I looked away at the wall, blushing. This beautiful girl could be my first girl-friend!? I think I’m jumping the gun, I mean, maybe she’s just using me for someone to take to the dance, so she can say she has a boyfriend, and then dump me afterwards.

But she seemed so trustworthy, sitting in the desk like this. When I looked up, I found she still had my hand on her shoulder, but was paying attention to the teacher now. I tapped her shoulder, and she emphasized that she was listening, but still didn’t look back.

“I must know, what is your name?” I whispered to her, over her shoulder. “Why is that important now?” She stonily replied. “I’d just feel better if I knew, okay?” I sounded irritated, but it was an accident. She sighed. “It’s Blaze.” “What?” “Blaze.”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

darkspines35 on July 12, 2008, 2:28:29 PM

darkspines35 on
darkspines35That's good. I like it. Your style is slightley acquired, but I grew used to it.