Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Day I Pretended To Be Physically Coordinated

A small story/book I'm writing in my spare time.

Chapter 2 - The Day I Pretended To Be Physically Coordinated

Chapter 2 - The Day I Pretended To Be Physically Coordinated
I slammed through the door at home; her number clutched in hand. I was ready as heck to call her. I smacked the bottom of the phone and flipped it into the air, catching it on the run. I dialed the number, while diving through the air. The ringing started, and they picked up about the time I hit the bed. “Hello?” She obviously didn’t know who it was, but I’m sure she had an idea.

“Hey, Blaze. What’s up with you?” I asked in the coolest voice I could manage. I sounded like a little kid trying to be tough. “Nothing much, tough man.” She laughed at me. I certainly hoped that she was laughing with, not at. I stuttered. “Uh… Um I mean, how was school?” “Fine I guess.” She sounded like she didn’t want to talk about it. “What, did something go wrong?” I was kind of worried. “Nah, it was just that I finally gave up the crap about being here all year. I told myself to keep it up as long as possible; but I couldn’t, I guess.” She admitted, un-willingly.

“Hey, I got an idea. You want to see me?” “Sure.” She said, as casually as she could. I had no idea how hard she was trying to hide her excitement; but she was. “You want to walk down to the local park? We could meet up there, and do something.” I asked, hopefully. “Um… yeah, I guess that’s alright. You have a basketball?” She asked. “Uh… No, sorry.” “Well, no worries, I’ll bring one. B-ball’s my favorite sport.” She fixed the problem. “Alright, see ya there.”

The ride to the park was no problem. Of course I hopped on my trusty old bike. It only took about 10 minutes to get there, and Blaze lived farther off, I was sure. I expected to have to wait there for her. When I got there, though, I saw her, in all her graceful form, shooting the pearl, so to speak.

I walked closer to get a better look. She hadn’t noticed me yet, and I didn’t want to throw her off. She bounded from the ground with both legs together, and her hands gently glided through the air, releasing the ball. It was all too pleasing to watch.

The ball, it flew through the air, and she had such precise aiming, that it looked like it changed directions, and homed in on the basket with amazing precision. I kept hidden behind the wooden gate, which stretched high over my head. As I continued watching, she seemed to notice me without even seeing me. It was like she had “felt” me staring at her. Anyway, I continued towards her.

“Spying on me much?” She asked, half laughing. “What’s it to you?” I replied with a tone of joking. “Nothing, really, but you need to watch what your staring at. Make sure it’s my face, my precision, and not my chest.” She smirked. I blushed, looking down, “Do I come off that strange?” “Yes, actually you do.” She laughed.

“Anyway, now that we’re here, are you ready to play some basketball?” I asked. “I thought that’s why we came, stupid.” She smiled enthusiastically. “How about around the world,” I wondered aloud. “Sounds good.” She said. I grabbed the basket-ball, and through it in-advertently at the basket. Of course it bounced away.

“Wow, what awful form and aim you have.” She said, a smile playing at her lips. “It’s not my fault I’m not a basket-ball freak like you!” I laughed back. She looked offended, and then looked like she realized it was a joke. “Here, let me show you.” She retorted. She grabbed the ball, and put her left foot in-front of her right, and placed one delicate hand behind the ball, and the other to the right of it.

She let it fly, it flew to the basket. I was amazed. “Do you make every shot you shoot?” I asked sarcastically. “Not really, there’s always full courts shots I can’t make, see?” She said, and the stepped back all the way to the back of the cement court, and prepared herself in the same manner as before. She let it go.

Flying through the air, the ball looked odd. Was it just me, or did it look slightly blue-ish? I ignored the fact and watched it soar. Expecting a big miss, like she said, I instead received a loud, Swoosh! “What was that about not making full courts?” I yelled, impressed. She smiled back, and seemed to be full of content. “I’ve never made one before!” She yelled back.

She ran at me. What was she doing? I’d never seen a girl act in this manner, and certainly not towards me. I cocked my head slightly. “What are you- oof!” I attempted to ask. By the time I figured it out, it was a little too late. I felt an extreme impact to my chest, and her legs were wrapped around me.

I was in heaven! This beautiful, amazing girl was wrapped around my body, hugging me, in my arms. But then I realized something not that wonderful. There was a stinging pain in my back and head, and she suddenly hopped off of me. I found myself laying there on the pavement, my head bleeding, slightly.

It felt like a small concussion. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” She asked, worried to death. She jumped down by my side, and raised me up, and hugged me. She suddenly pulled a bandage from her back pocket and messed with the back of my head. It really, really hurt.

All of the sudden, the pain was gone. Just like that. She stared at me, and there was an expression in her face I couldn’t read. I looked about. “What did you do? The hug was amazing, and I can’t thank you enough, but my head?” I asked. “It’s an old family secret, I can’t tell.” She replied. “After that, I really think we ought to go home, I didn’t mean to hurt you,” she said gently. I complained, “But I was having so much fun with you! I just got here, like, 6 minutes ago!”

“Just go home, and get some rest, and everything will be better.” She looked at me, promisingly. There was something so strange about her, but it hypnotized me into believing her. Soon enough, after my good-bye’s had been said, I was riding home.

The sun was starting to set, and over-all, it was a nice day. Too bad we had school tomorrow. I guess it was worth it all-in-all, I would see her after-all.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment