Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Hurt

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 3 - Hurt

Chapter 3 - Hurt
InuYasha stretched his arms over his head yawning wide. Is had been two days since Sango and the Sacred Tree had been attacked. Sango had healed well and they decided to continue their journey looking for Naraku. Besides the more Shikon no Tama shards the better, InuYasha thought.

Kagome had her cart thing with her with Shippo in the basket in the front. Sango still traveled on Kirara's back in order to regain her strength back. Miroku walked beside her, his staff at his shoulder and his kazaana silent.

InuYasha noted he had trouble sleeping at night ever since the new moon. No matter who was on watch he felt like if he slept his guard would fall and something would happen. Maybe it had been the attack Sango that still had him on the edge.

InuYasha hated the feeling of being weak. It pissed him off. What more was that the Sacred Tree had been torn up by some low-life youkai. InuYasha shook his head trying to erase the past few days' thoughts. Naraku was the goal and nothing more.

"Something wrong InuYasha?" Kagome asked.

"No, I'm fine." InuYasha replied.

"Oh, it looked like you were worried about something."

"Wrench I don't worry about nothing!" InuYasha snapped. Kagome sighed and turned to Shippo to return back to their conversation. InuYasha sneered and looked at the path in front of him. Besides he wanted a good fight soon, he was getting bored about the same thing...

"UGH!" InuYasha fell to his knees in pain. Pain he had never felt before.

"InuYasha! Are you okay!?" Kagome yelled and dropped her cart. InuYasha felt his chest tighten and then release. It hurt, but it BURNED. He felt some blood leak out of his mouth.

"InuYasha!" Miroku was next to him with Kagome at his side. "What is the matter?"

"Chest..." was all he could leak out. Kagome didn't hesitate and began to take his fire rat off his shoulders. Suddenly the burning and the pain disappeared and InuYasha opened his eyes.

"I'm fine the pain is gone." Miroku looked surprised.

"You look like you were going to die!" Kagome snapped. "Let me look!"

"Kagome I'm fine now..."

"Oswari!" InuYasha felt his face slam into the dirt. Anger burned through him and he saw red.

"You dog!" Like it wasn't his own arm he grabbed Kagome's neck and squeezed.

"InuYasha..." Kagome gagged.

"InuYasha!" Miroku yelled. He hoisted his staff around InuYasha's body and yanked him away from Kagome. "What are you doing!?" InuYasha blinked, he saw Kagome clutching her neck fear and confusion leaked off of her. InuYasha felt grim, what had he done? The anger he felt burning through him was not his own, he wouldn't have hurt Kagome!

"Get off me!" InuYasha yanked himself out of Miroku's grip and stood up. "Kagome I'm sorry I didn't mean..."

Kagome's eyes filled with tears. "Are you okay InuYasha?" He didn't know, that anger had been something else, had he transformed over an "oswari"?

"We should make camp." Sango said trying to keep everyone's tension to a minimum. Miroku still looked grim but reluctantly agreed. They found a small clearing that they would retire for the night. Sango started to make the fire with Kirara, Shippo, and Kagome. InuYasha was led by Miroku to the other side of the clearing and sat down with him.

"InuYasha is there something that you want to talk about?" Miroku asked. InuYasha stayed silent, he didn't know how to answer.

"I hurt Kagome."

"Obviously that was not your intention."

"Duh!"

"Then why...?"

"Did I transform?" InuYasha knew it had to be the only logical reason behind his sudden blind of fury. InuYasha put a clawed hand over Tessaiga's hilt and he felt touching his otou's fang soothed his tension a little.

"No InuYasha, you did not transform." Miroku sighed. InuYasha flinched. Then why would he...?

"Are you boy's hungry?" Sango called. Miroku stood up and brushed his robe.

"If I were you I would apologize and try to ease her tension." With that Miroku joined the others. InuYasha watched the others eat from his spot across the clearing. His silver hair blew in the wind as the sun dipped below the horizon. InuYasha closed his eyes and thought of Kagome. The way he had reacted when he hurt her was they way he would have reacted is she were his mate.

InuYasha looked at Kagome. Is that what he thought of her now? His mate? He wasn't sure; he wouldn't go express his feelings right away. Since traveling with him, Kagome was always at his side no matter what. If he had been injured or even his relationship with Kikyo, she was always there.

Kagome laughed as Shippo took the unusual circular food, which she had given him, when he made funny faces. InuYasha glanced at her neck and went white. Her neck was bruised, badly. InuYasha clenched his fist, had the pain just brought his own instincts out in order to protect himself?


"Sleep."

InuYasha snapped his eyes open. He stood up growling. That was not any of his companion's voices.

"Something wrong InuYasha?" Kagome looked at him. InuYasha looked down. He walked over to the fire, he felt a sudden chill come up his spine. Kagome looked at him as he sat down next to her.

"Sorry." It was all he could say. Kagome smiled.

"I forgive you." She leaned against his shoulder making him go stiff.

"Ummm...what are you doing?" InuYasha gulped feeling the chill disappear and instead came a sudden sweat. Kagome didn't answer; she had fallen asleep.

"Wow." Miroku said. "My dear Sango, could you lean on my shoulder too?"

"I would rather drink poison." Sango said darkly though she was giving him an evil grin at the same time. Miroku sighed and looked at the ground.

"Well goodnight my dear Sango."

"Goodnight henti." Sango yawned and cuddled up with Kirara. Kirara's two enormous tails laid over Sango protecting her from the cold. Miroku crawled into one of Kagome's rolled up beds and lay his staff down as he went to sleep.

InuYasha was the only one left awake. Shippo was in Kagome's lap, snoring slightly. InuYasha closed his eyes hoping sleep would come, it didn't. Opening his eyes he might as well be watch.

InuYasha patted Kagome's soft hair slightly and laid his chin on her head. He knew if Kagome were awake she would probably say "oswari" until his back broke. As he moved his hand to his lap he stiffened. His claws were longer then he had ever seen them. For a second there was nothing to say, what was happening to him? He gripped Tessaiga tightly hoping the sword would bring him the same comfort. Instead it brought fear. Fear, from his otou's fang meant only one thing, this was an unseen enemy that even his otou feared.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment