Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Youkai

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 6 - Youkai

Chapter 6 - Youkai
Kagome had been restless the last few days. InuYasha had healed enough to travel on Kirara's back, but he had stayed silent the entire time. His silent behavior had them all on the edge. Miroku tried numerous times to check on InuYasha's arm, but InuYasha just pushed him away. Kagome had tried to talk to him but he kept turning his face the other direction every time she tried.

Sango had cleaned her Hiraikotsu and had stayed well away from bringing up the night InuYasha was hurt by her weapon. Sango had kept the blame for hurting him but Miroku would not have it. He said that the youkai that attacked them was not InuYasha but a low-life youkai with similar eyes. Though, Kagome thought, it is starting to sound more logical that InuYasha had transformed that night.

Kagome walked further ahead from the group. Miroku had said a village was up ahead and they had decided to spend the night there instead of setting up another campsite. Kagome adjusted her bow and arrows that were around her shoulder. Sigh, I wished I had my bike instead of my aching shoulder Kagome thought. She had left her bike at the campsite they had been attacked at because of all the excitement, she had forgotten it. She sensed no youki and no Shikon no Tama shards, it was peaceful all around.

Kagome looked at InuYasha. He was sitting on Kirara's back with his bangs covering most of his face. She could barley make out the stripes on his cheeks, they had still not gone away. His hands were in his sleeves of his fire rat and his fangs were visible from were she stood. Kagome had a bad feeling he was stuck between his transformed state and his hanyou body.

Shippo jumped onto to her shoulder, yawning. Shippo had been avoiding InuYasha ever since he had healed. Sango was talking to Miroku about Naraku trying to twist the tension away from InuYasha's unusual behavior. Naraku, Kagome thought, I wish he was the only problem they had at the moment.

The village was rather larger then Kagome expected. Many villagers roamed the streets minding their own business. The group entered with Kirara back to her smaller self and InuYasha walking slowly behind Miroku and Sango.

"We should find a hotel." Kagome said. Miroku looked at her in confusion.

"Hotel?" he asked.

"A place to sleep Miroku."

"Oh."

They found an inn and Miroku walked up to the keeper and started to negotiate two rooms they would have for the night. Sango shook her head at something Miroku said and hit him upside the head with her Hiraikotsu. "You liar." she smirked.

InuYasha had not said a word. He was leaning against a wooden post with his bangs still covering most of his face. A few kids were playing not far from him, with a small ball. A young boy kicked the ball and it landed right at InuYasha's feet. The boy ran to get it when he stopped and stared at InuYasha.

"Are you a youkai?" the boy asked a hint of fear in his voice. Kagome hurried over hoping her interference would not result in unwanted attention. In InuYasha's current state she did not know what he would do.

"No he's with me." Kagome said smiling. She took InuYasha's fire rat and attempted to pull him in the other direction. He wouldn't budge. "InuYasha, come on. Miroku and Sango are getting our rooms." No reply. "InuYasha! I know you can hear me! Don't make me say it!"


"Leave me."

Kagome nearly jumped out of her skin. Shippo's tail puffed out and his eyes grew twice the normal size. He ducked behind Kagome and hid himself in her shirt. If Kagome had not been so terrified of InuYasha's voice she would have corrected Shippo's behavior.

"InuYasha is your...throat sore?" She knew that was not the reason, though she hoped for it. She tried to look him in the eye but he put his head down further, obstructing any view of his face. "InuYasha look at me. What's going on?"


"I don't know."

Kagome flinched. She moved her hand to his face tracing the purple stripe that still trailed down his cheek. He flinched and turned further the other direction. Kagome leaned up and looked at him. "InuYasha?" Suddenly their eyes met. Two red eyes stared into her brown ones, his violet pupils trying not turn down. Kagome felt her stomach churn. They had entered a village with InuYasha transformed.

"Kagome, InuYasha, Shippo! We have our rooms." Kagome heard Sango call to them.

"InuYasha is that still...well...you?" she asked him. InuYasha didn't answer, he looked away from her.


"Stay away from me."

The boy with the ball had been watching the whole time. "He is a youkai! Run!" All the kids that had been playing started screaming and running the other direction. Many men from the villagers with pitchforks and blunt swords ran up to the children.

"Where is the youkai?" one man asked.

"That one!" The boy shouted. He pointed towards Kagome and InuYasha. Kagome grabbed InuYasha and pulled him with all her strength before things got ugly.

"InuYasha come on! We're making a scene!" InuYasha pushed her away, snarling. "Oswari!" Kagome shouted. InuYasha slammed to the ground and laid still. "InuYasha...?" Kagome started when the villagers reached them.

"Are you a youkai?" one man sneered.

"No, I'm not a youkai!" Kagome shouted trying to make her small frame cover InuYasha's body. Miroku and Sango noticed the commotion and rushed over to help.

"Is there a problem villagers?" Miroku asked. The men blinked in surprise.

"You're a houshi! Why are you shielding a youkai from us!?" another angry villager shouted.

"There is only Shippo and Kirara that are youkai here." Sango said, "But they travel with us and are no threat to you."

"I'm talking about the youkai behind you." the men said. Sango gave Kagome a quick glance.

"Kagome is human miko, she is not a youkai." Sango said as Kagome stood up hoping her movements may draw attention away from InuYasha's unmoving body. The villagers seemed to relax a little when the boy pointed behind Kagome.

"He's the youkai! In the red!" the boy yelled. Kagome felt InuYasha stir behind her. She grabbed him hopping his transformed state had not taken his mind. Then she heard something that made her back turn to ice, it was slight but she swear she heard the sound of InuYasha, laughing.

"InuYasha?" Kagome asked. InuYasha had slowly gotten to his feet. One clawed hand pinching his face with such force she was afraid he may hurt himself. "InuYasha we better leave." Kagome tried to push him away.

InuYasha jerked away from her, his face down and silent. Kagome could see the sweat coming off him.

Kagome felt her body scream at him, but her mouth stayed shut. InuYasha walked to one of the rooms at the inn and silently slipped in. Silence imbedded the air.

"Nothing more to see here." Miroku broke the silence. The villagers seemed hesitant.

"He's with us, he won't hurt anyone." Sango reassured them. Kirara hopped off Sango's shoulder and went into the room that InuYasha had been swallowed into.

Shippo poked his head out of Kagome's shirt shaking in fear. "What's happening to InuYasha?" his voice was slightly off.

"I don't know." Kagome answered back, InuYasha was really beginning to worry her.

 _~~~~~~~_

Night had fallen and Miroku, Sango, and Kagome had one room to themselves. Kirara had been with InuYasha a while and then returned curling up in Sango's lap. Shippo had not left Kagome's shoulder.

"I see you're not joining InuYasha, houshi?" Sango asked. Miroku shook his head.

"It looks like he needs to be alone for awhile."

Kagome stood up. I have to talk to him, she thought. "I'll be back, I'll go speak with him."

Miroku nodded his head as Shippo jumped from her shoulder to Miroku's. "You may be the only person who he may listen to, Kagome." Miroku said as Kagome exited and set over to InuYasha.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment