Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Companionship

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 8 - Companionship

Chapter 8 - Companionship
Sango stared at Miroku as he pulled himself into the rolled up bed that Kagome always brought.

"Why did I get stuck with you?" Sango asked.

"Now, now my dear Sango there is no need to be harsh." Miroku smiled.

"Don't worry Sango, I'll watch him." Shippo said. He crossed his arms and stood in-between Miroku's bed and hers. Kirara purred and curled in Sango's lap. She moved her hand across Kirara's soft back, enjoying the warmth she gave. It was rather cold.

"Something wrong Sango?"

"I'm worried about Kagome. She went to see InuYasha...alone."

"InuYasha would not hurt Kagome, you know that." Miroku reinsured her.

"InuYasha is transformed, isn't he?" Shippo asked his voice dipped in fear.

"I don't think this is the same." Miroku said. "The few previous times he loses his mind and kills whoever is in his way. Though he was standing in a village and did not raise a claw to anyone."

"You should have heard his voice, it was the same as the youkai who attacked us at our camp." Shippo pointed out.

"His voice?" Sango asked. "Imitate for me Shippo."

Shippo looked down and seemed to not come to terms with the request. He closed his eyes. "Leave"

"Close enough." Sango said. It was the same voice, not only at the camp but the night she had been attacked as well. "InuYasha was the one who attacked me and us at the camp that night, wasn't it?"

Miroku shook his head. "No, he couldn't have attacked you Sango. Remember he was human the night you were attacked."

"I know but it was still him."

"Sango, he was human. There is no way he could have inflicted poison in your body in his human form."

"But it was HIM."

"Sango...it couldn't have been."

Suddenly Kagome's scream pierced the night. It was cut abruptly short, and silence filled the room once more. Sango got up fast, her Hiraikotsu on her shoulder, and with Kirara raced towards Kagome's scream.

Miroku got up and followed her, his staff in his hands and the sacred beads hung loose around his wrist, ready to open the kazaana.

Sango saw Kagome stumble out of InuYasha's room, blood leaking off her neck.

"Kagome!" Shippo shouted.

Kagome didn't stop running, she must have been to scared to stop. She ran right into Sango, crying.

"Kagome...did InuYasha do this!?" Sango yelled. Now InuYasha's youkai blood had finally taken over his mind.

Miroku went to the entrance of InuYasha's room. "InuYasha?" he called.


"GET AWAY!"

InuYasha's sickening voice filled the air. Miroku jumped back. He was obviously not sure of InuYasha's condition.

"InuYasha..." Sango heard the young miko moan. Kagome was in sever pain. Sango dropped her Hiraikotsu and turned to Kirara.

"Kirara take Kagome to someone who can help her with her wounds. I have to help houshi with InuYasha." she told the youkai cat. Kirara gestured towards her and transformed into her larger self. "Shippo go with Kagome." Shippo nodded and hopped onto Kirara, and with Kagome on her back, she flew off.

"Sango! Look out!" Miroku's voice yelled. Sango instinctively ducked. Four red poisonous strands flew over her head. She rolled over and grabbed Hiraikotsu, blocking the claws as they flew at her again.

"Urg. Damn it!" The poison was going right through her Hiraikotsu. Suddenly, just as they had appeared, the retreated back through the door frame. Miroku's staff was smoking, indicating he had been attacked as well.

"You alright houshi?" Sango asked.

"Yes, did the poison touch you?"

"No, but it scarred my Hiraikotsu."

Sango ran into the room with Miroku right behind her. InuYasha was on the floor, his red eyes narrowed in fury. Both of his hands were pressed against each side of his head with his claws glowing bright red.


"Get the hell out of my head!"

Sango, with her Hiraikotsu, slammed the bone into InuYasha's body, pinning him. "Houshi! Help me!"

Miroku moved quickly, he placed his staff on InuYasha's forehead, stopping his head from thrashing side to side.

"InuYasha snap out of it! It is us, Miroku and Sango!" he shouted.


"Get away from me!"

Sango saw what had caused Kagome's wound. InuYasha's fangs were soaked in blood, meaning he had bit her. Sango strained her Hiraikotsu to hold InuYasha's flailing body underneath.


"Run, stay away from me!"

InuYasha was trying to warn them. Sango shook her head.

"InuYasha were here to help. We're not leaving."

InuYasha closed his eyes, his breathing was starting to return to normal. He tried to take a deep breath then choked. Sango had her full weight on him, cutting his air supply. Sango removed her knee and lightened the pressure from Hiraikotsu on InuYasha's chest.

Miroku removed his staff and placed his hand on InuYasha's forehead. "He's used way to much energy to restrain his youkai blood, he's passed out." Sango looked at Miroku and then back to InuYasha. Sango was having some trouble seeing InuYasha as a simple hanyou now. His arms had marks of youkai and his red eyes and stripes on his face almost seemed permanent. InuYasha had also grown in height and his claws extended to such extreme lengths that it would appear that they would belong to a much bigger youkai.

"Houshi...I think he is turning into a youkai."

"I believe you're right Sango." Miroku got up and took Tessaiga and put the hilt into InuYasha's hand. "Maybe that will help." Miroku reassured.

InuYasha opened his eyes. He blinked and looked at Sango.


"Kill me."

"InuYasha don't say that!" Sango gasped.


"She hates me, Kagome does..."

Miroku shook his head. "No InuYasha, Kagome does not hate you. The wound that was inflicted on her was not your doing."


"It was my fangs."

"InuYasha, someone is helping Kagome right now, well leave in the morning to straighten everything out." Sango reassured him. Suddenly InuYasha sat up, his back was extremely red, his skin was raw and some small scratches had shed some blood.

"Have you been scratching your back InuYasha?" Miroku asked.


"Yea."

Sango raised her hand to help InuYasha, but he pushed her away. He leaned against the wall, taking deep breaths.


"I could have killed both of you."

"We know InuYasha, but that is what companions are for. We will stick up for you and never leave your side." Sango said.

"InuYasha, do you know what is causing this?" Miroku asked. InuYasha snapped up and glared at Miroku.


"Don't...ask."

Sango held her Hiraikotsu in front of her, afraid InuYasha may lose control once more, but he restrained himself.

Miroku put his hand on InuYasha's shoulder. "Come, we can all stay in one room for tonight."

As Sango followed Miroku and a weak InuYasha, Sango hoped that Kirara and Shippo had gotten Kagome help for her wounds. "Protect her Shippo, I'm counting on you."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment