Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Challenge

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 11 - Challenge

Chapter 11 - Challenge
Kagome knew leaving the village the next morning was the best thing to do. Her neck still ached and she wished the medication she had taken the other night was still in her backpack. Kagome had run out last night and her neck had become stiff. InuYasha was walking a good distance ahead of them, both of his hands still on Tessaiga.

"Kagome how is your neck?" Sango asked.

"It's better. I'll live." Sango sighed and looked at Miroku. He looked distant, like he was deep in thought.

"Is it just me or is houshi acting just like InuYasha?" Sango asked.

Kagome laughed which sent pain shooting up her neck. She winched and sighed. "I don't think he is turning into a youkai though."

"I know that."

Shippo had slumped onto Kagome's shoulder moaning. "Sigh...Shippo what am I going to do with you?"

Shippo sat upright and looked at her. "Do you love InuYasha?" he asked. Kagome felt her face suddenly turn very hot.

"Kagome why is your face red?" Sango asked. Kirara suddenly puffed her tails out and hid behind Sango.

"Nothing." Kagome gritted her teeth.

"YAY!" Shippo jumped off her shoulder and onto Miroku's. Miroku looked at the young youkai in confusion.

"Is there a problem Shippo?" he asked. Shippo's tail had puffed out and his eyes wide.

"I think Kagome is acting scarier then InuYasha right now." the young fox youkai mumbled.

Suddenly Kagome stopped, two Shikon no Tama shards were coming towards them fast. Oh no, Kagome thought, the last thing she needed was Kouga getting involved in this mess.

"Is that Kouga?" Sango asked as a twister came rushing towards them. Suddenly Kouga was clutching both of Kagome's hands and stood over her.

"Hello my Kagome how have you been?" Kouga asked in his nicest voice.

"Fine Kouga...ummm...do you need something?"

"Well I was trying to find Naraku when I smelled mutt, so I decided to come and see you." Kouga yawned and turned his head. "Where the hell is mutt anyway?" Kagome gulped.

"He's in a bad mood, I would leave him alone for now" Sango said. Kouga frowned and looked at were InuYasha was standing.

InuYasha had stopped walking and his ears twitched in their direction, but he made no movement towards them. Kagome felt her shoulders give in a little.

"Kagome, what happened to your neck?!" the wolf leader shouted. Kagome felt her face turn a little white.

"We were attacked by a youkai and it bit me." Kagome lied. Kouga's face went red and he glared in InuYasha's direction.

"What the hell is your problem mutt!? You can't protect Kagome from youkai now!? How dare you!" Kagome felt her head hurt, this could really get ugly, she thought.

"Kouga!" Someone shouted and Kagome turned to see Ginta and Hakkaku huffing their way towards them.

"Fell behind again?" Miroku asked. They both nodded and gasped for breath.

"He's to fast." Ginta said. Hakkaku too out of breath to say anything, nodded in agreement.

"What took you guys so long?" Kouga snapped. "Well you better catch your breath because were leaving and were taking Kagome with us."

"Huh!?" Kagome said. "Kouga it's nothing...my neck."

"Kouga, listen to Kagome. I wouldn't try anything like that; InuYasha already is in ...unstable state." Sango said as she put her hand on Kagome's shoulder. Kirara mewed and purred under Kagome's chin.

"Well I..." Suddenly Kouga whipped around. InuYasha had been standing behind him, for Kami knows how long. A low hissing noise could be heard from his mouth.

"InuYasha it's okay! I'm not leaving!" Kagome ran and grabbed him by his fire rat. She looked at Kouga. "Please he really is in a bad mood."

Ginta and Hakkaku looked at one another. "Is it me or does InuYasha look taller?" Hakkaku asked.
"He also got a stronger scent." Kouga snapped. "Don't tell me Naraku did this to you."

InuYasha opened his mouth to speak, but Kagome pushed her weight against him. "Not a good idea." she whispered to him. InuYasha hissed but said nothing. InuYasha's bangs still blocked Kouga's view of seeing his true features.

Miroku sighed and stepped up between InuYasha and Kouga. "Do you know what happened to Naraku?" Miroku asked Kouga.

"I was following his scent when mutts actually...uh overpowered his." Kouga answered, he glared at InuYasha. InuYasha had started to scratch his back again with ferocity and determination.

"InuYasha stop that! I'll get you some more anti-itch cream." Kagome said. She reached for her backpack to remove her first aid kit when InuYasha shook his head.


"Don't need it."

Kouga must have jumped forty feet in the air when he heard InuYasha's voice. Ginta and Hakkaku screamed and hid behind Miroku and Sango.

"What the...shoot mutt...what's with your voice?" Kouga stuttered. InuYasha didn't answer him and kept his face down.

Miroku looked grim and walked over and put his hand on InuYasha's shoulder. "Like I said, he's in a bad mood."

"I said that houshi." Sango snapped. Shippo stayed quiet, not saying much perched on Miroku's shoulder.

"Kouga, InuYasha is not himself, I wouldn't go picking a fight with him." the young fox youkai finally said. Kouga snorted.

"Mutt doesn't scare me one bit." Kouga snapped. Kagome sighed and walked over to InuYasha.

"Miroku, can I treat InuYasha's back?"

"Sure Kagome." Miroku went over to Sango, touching her rear, oh so slightly. SMACK! Miroku sighed and rubbed his cheek. "Sango you misunderstand me."

"Whatever henti." Sango smirked.

"Idiot." Shippo said.

Kouga watched Kagome as she sat down with InuYasha. "Kagome, mutt can't protect you from youkai. Why are you treating him for his wounds?"

"I would do the same for you Kouga!" Kagome held her tongue, she didn't mean to yell at him. "Sorry Kouga, things I don't understand are driving me to the edge."


"Like me?"

Kagome jumped. She had not expected InuYasha to talk. He turned his head looked at her. Kagome gasped, InuYashas face was not that of her hanyou she knew. His red eyes with their violet pupils, his stripes were each splitting making four of them on his cheeks. His fangs had stretched almost all the way down to his mid-chin. Kagome gulped, it was the first time by looking at him she felt afraid.

"InuYasha?" Kagome felt the hot tears sprinkle down her face. She burst into tears and fell into his lap. She felt one of his arms slowly be put on her back, trying to soothe her.


"It's still me."

"Still you?" Sango asked worriedly.

"Look what you did mutt! Your ugly face made Kagome cry!" Kouga snapped. Suddenly Kagome felt herself being thrown from InuYasha's lap and towards the ground. Faster then she had ever seen InuYasha move, he had grabbed Kouga by the throat and slammed the wolf's back into a nearby tree.

"Mutt get off me!" Kouga hissed. InuYasha's hiss was louder.


"Touch my mate again, you're dead."

Kagome could tell the voice had been altered. InuYasha was no longer himself. "Oswari!" she cried. InuYasha's body slammed into the ground at Kouga's feet. Kouga's face was pure disgust.

"Did he just call you his mate!?" the wolf leader shouted. Kagome ignored him and knelt by InuYasha.

"InuYasha is that you?" InuYasha stirred and sat up rubbing his face. Sweat was coming down his forehead like he was mentally fighting, fighting to control his own body. Kagome hugged him and whispered, "I'm here."

Miroku took Kouga by the shoulder and whispered something in his ear. Ginta and Hakkaku leaned in to listen. Sango paid no attention to them and with Shippo and Kirara, she came to assist Kagome.

InuYasha had started scratching his back again, and moved farther away from the group. Kagome let a sigh of relief. She started to rummage through her first aid kit and pulled out the anti-itch cream.

"Sesshomaru?" Miroku said. Kagome and Sango's heads snapped in their direction.

"What about Sesshomaru?" Sango asked.

"Kouga smelled him, Sesshomaru has been following us as well." Miroku answered. Kouga hissed in annoyance.

"Well it looks like I'm not the only one attracted to mutt's weird scent." Kouga sneered.

"This could get bad." Kagome looked at Kouga. "Kouga the only thing that could be worse then you fighting InuYasha...is Sesshomaru.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment