Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Denial

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 14 - Denial

Chapter 14 - Denial
Sango stared at Miroku. InuYasha looked down at them, his red eyes now showing no emotion.

"Houshi, what dream?" Sango asked. Miroku turned to her.

"I'll say it when InuYasha gets down here, he needs to hear." Miroku said. Kagome looked at InuYasha, her eyes pleading.

"InuYasha, I love you please don't make me say it."

Sango saw Kouga flinch. The jealousy that had driven both InuYasha and Kouga over their heads for Kagome, had finally been won. Sango felt Kagome's words made such a impact on Kouga, Sango was afraid that the wolf would attack InuYasha at any moment, but he just hissed and turned his back.

InuYasha hissed and turned his face once more. Sango sensed Sesshomaru shuffle behind her.

"My patience is running thin hanyou."


"Then go frack yourself."

"InuYasha he's trying to help, saying that is not going to solve anything." Sango snapped. She looked at Kirara who nodded her head and transformed into her larger self. Sango hopped upon her warm back and flew over the tree InuYasha had hid himself in.

InuYasha sank himself deeper into the leaves; he was trying to hide himself from view. Sango got off Kirara carefully and balanced her weight and Hiraikotsu's weight on the branch InuYasha was sitting on.

Sango kneeled down on the branch and looked at InuYasha. She nearly fell off. The sight before her was not the hanyou friend she had been traveling with for so long.

InuYasha had his red eyes with their violet pupils staring at her into a pool of sadness. The stripes on his cheeks and split, leaving four black creases across his face. His fangs had stretched all the way down to his chin, making him look like a hungry youkai. Sango saw that he really had not eaten in weeks, she could barley make out the outlining of his ribs coming through his chest. On his chest is what scared Sango the most, marks of youkai, four of them, two coming from his waist and two coming from his shoulders. All four ended pointing directly at his heart. Two more wrapped around both of his arms, two for each wrapping all the way up to his wrist. The under shirt InuYasha had thrown on so hastily to cover his back, there was nothing left but a small white strand that looped around his left shoulder. His fire rat pants were no better, they had ripped at the ankles making it look like red rags a poor villager would wear. It was then Sango saw how big he was, he was twice her size, his enormous body covering most of the branch.

"Oh my..." Sango said. He was almost unrecognizable; the only thing that was really the same was his dog ears and his silver hair. Everything else was completely different. His claws were enormous and Sango knew they were dangerous. The poison that came from them was stronger then any other youkai poison she had ever encountered before. Even his feet had features that had never been there before, his toenails and grown bigger and almost seemed to be poisonous as well.


"Go away."

Sango looked at him then down at everyone else. Kagome had her hands on the trunk of the tree staring up with wide eyes. Miroku looked distant yet he was tapping his foot in impatience. Sesshomaru looked the same yet his feet remained still. Kouga, Ginta, and Hakkaku stood off to the side, Kouga's face with a scorn. Shippo was still in her neck tie, he had made it difficult for Sango not to laugh when his tail moved and tickled her neck.

Sango sat on the branch. "Would you rather Kagome up here?"


"No. I want no one."

Sango flinched.


"The farther away you are the better."

"InuYasha I know you must be confuse, but maybe if I can explain..." Miroku started.


"I know what's happening to me Miroku."

Miroku sagged his shoulders then he spun around to find Sesshomaru standing directly behind him.

"What is this dream, houshi?" Sesshomaru asked. Miroku sighed.

"InuYasha needs to hear as well."


"I'm listing."

"It's something to do with Tessaiga...I don't know if that helps."

Sango saw InuYasha nearly fall out of the tree. He grabbed the branch to support his tilting weight; he snarled and swung his head down at Miroku.


"Since when did you even give a damn about me!?"

Miroku snapped up, his face full of confusion, fear, and even anger. Kagome slightly touched Miroku on the shoulder and looked up at the hanyou.

"InuYasha, since when have we not cared?"

InuYasha didn't reply and turned his back to Sango. Sango saw how bad his back really was. It had stopped turning red from all the scratching and had turned to more of a purple color. Sango reached to support InuYasha, but he sneered and pushed her away. He might of not realized it but he pushed her too hard.

"InuYasha!" Sango cried. His push had sent her Hiraikotsu on her shoulder to become unstable, sending her balance off and she fell from the branch. Kirara was there to catch her, but Sango now felt her heart race through her chest.

InuYasha looked in the direction of the setting sun. The sun was making the sky turn into a sky of fire as it set down in the west. Sango leaned on Kirara's back and flew to the ground. Miroku rushed up to her.

"Are you okay my dear Sango?"

"Yes, houshi."

Sesshomaru looked up in the tree and growled. "Get down here hanyou, you're not hiding from me."


"I'm not hiding."

"Then remove yourself from the tree or I'll remove you."


"Piss off."

Kouga snorted. "Man those mutts could go at it for hours." He took Kagome by the arm and with him, Ginta and Hakkaku followed. Kagome squirmed away and kept herself under the tree.

"Kagome, mutt is not coming down! He'll sit there tell he rots, come on it's getting dark." Kouga attempted to help Kagome move down from the tree, but she shrugged him off.

"I'm not leaving InuYasha." Kagome said, tears filling her eyes again.

Sango walked over and waved Kouga off. He snorted but he walked over to Miroku followed by his pack. Shippo had finally came out and jumped onto Kagome's shoulder.

"Kagome is everything okay with InuYasha now?" Shippo muttered. His voice was tight making him sound like he was making more noise then words.

Sango sighed and put her hand on the miko's shoulder.

"Kagome I...saw him." Kagome turned towards her, confusion filled her face.

"What do you mean Sango?"

"Well...he has changed in so many ways I..." Sango could not make herself continue.

"What?" Kagome gasped. She looked back up into the tree but by now it was to dark to see anything.

"He's not turning into a simple youkai; he's more powerful then that." Sango mumbled. Sesshomaru turned his head toward their direction, his golden eyes eyeing them as he listened in.

Shippo's tail puffed out when he saw Sesshomaru glaring at them. "Can someone make him go away?" Shippo quivered.

Kagome looked back up towards the tree. "Could Kirara take me up there?" Sango shook her head.

"Kagome, he doesn't want to hurt you. He..."


"It won't be me hurting her."

Kagome and Sango jumped. InuYasha's voice came from above, and Sango could just glimpse his red eyes. Sango gulped, the same eyes that were staring at her were the same eyes that had attacked her at Keada's village. And the voice, it had been the same voice that InuYasha spoke when he was in battle with Sesshomaru.

"InuYasha remember the moonless night I was attacked?" Sango called up to him.


"Yea."

"Do you remember anything that night? Do you remember what you were doing the night you were human?" Sango asked.


"I was sleeping."

Sango frowned, "Are you sure?"

Silence, InuYasha must have lied, he wasn't answering.

"InuYasha?" Kagome called. She stood up taller to the tree, her nails digging into the bark.


"I was sleeping, he wasn't."

Kagome and Sango looked at one another. Sesshomaru had the same confusion on his face, just not as deep. Shippo looked up into the darkened tree tops.

"What do you mean by 'he', otouto?" Sesshomaru sneered.

"InuYasha, why is this 'he' not sleeping the night I was attacked?" Sango asked puzzled.


"I was human then became something I'm not. Answer your question?"

Kagome looked at Sango in horror. "You attacked Sango!?"


"No..."

"Oswari!" Kagome shouted.

For a second nothing happened, and then a pink glow brightened the sky and InuYasha fell about two feet away from Sesshomaru.

"Wish you had done that sooner miko." Sesshomaru mumbled.

Shippo yelled and ducked behind Sango. Miroku and Kouga rushed over when they heard the loud crash. Ginta and Hakkaku hid behind Kouga, scared of what InuYasha might do. InuYasha sat up and hissed.


"Get away, all of you!"

Sesshomaru slammed his elbow into InuYasha's back and forced him back into the dirt.

"You're not leaving my sight hanyou."


"Are you calling me a hanyou, Sesshomaru?"

Sango and the others reared back. Sesshomaru did not flinch and leaned in hissed in InuYasha's ear.

"Who are you?"


"Your fears Sesshomaru, your otou's fears, InuYasha's fear..."

Suddenly Sesshomaru was no longer on top but InuYasha had grabbed him by the throat and flipped him over.


"Since you are a descendent of Inu no Taishou I won't hesitate to kill you."

"Oswari!" Kagome screamed. InuYasha's body didn't move, then slammed full force right into Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru hissed in anger.

"GET OFF ME YOU FILTHY HANYOU!" Sesshomaru yelled.

His eyes went completely red and threw InuYasha right into the tree, a sickened snap could be heard.

"InuYasha!" Kagome cried.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment