Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Truths

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 16 - Truths

Chapter 16 - Truths
Kagome wiped the tears that had been trailing down her face. Kouga had not put her down, and without InuYasha to comfort her, she was glad the wolf youkai was there. She feared for InuYasha, why could he not let her help him? Kagome felt this rejection from InuYasha, made her think he had no thoughts of her feelings sometimes.

Kagome remembered that night at the village. InuYasha had asked if she had loved him. Kagome felt the question tested her deepest feelings for him, and in the state he was in, she felt she could not bring herself to hurt him more. She did love him, for all the reasons he thought of himself as a monster.

Since Kikyo had always been in InuYasha's thoughts, Kagome had doubted her being with him. But why had InuYasha asked her that question if he loved Kikyo? Maybe because she had not asked back, she did love him, but did he love her? Kagome now wished she was in InuYasha's arms instead of Kouga's, she missed her hanyou.

"Are you alright Kagome?" Kouga asked.

"Yea, I'm fine."

Kouga nodded and sat in the clearing that the group had found to retire for the night. Sesshomaru looked edgy, everyone had thought he was going to be the first to follow InuYasha, yet he had made no movement away from the group. Kagome now wondered were his servant, Jaken, and the little girl, Rin, was. Sesshomaru always had them by his side, even the two-headed dragon, Ah-Un, was no were to be seen.

Miroku looked at Sango. "Is there anything I can get you Sango?"

"No thanks houshi...I'm worried about Kirara." Miroku nodded. Kagome had been thinking of Kirara, what would InuYasha do when he found the youkai cat following him?

Ginta and Hakkaku came walking up and they both sat on each of Kouga's side.

"Sister are you alright?" Ginta asked. Kagome blushed.

She remembered how Kouga had asked her to become his mate and from then on the two pack members wouldn't stop calling her 'sister'. Kagome sighed.

"I'm just worried."

"Kagome, has this happened to mutt once before?" Kouga asked.

"Well this one is very different. The past he's killed one of Naraku's minions when his life was in danger, and then murdered a bunch of bandits because his Tessaiga was too heavy for him." Kagome put her finger on her chin.

"Kagome, does that mean he would hurt you?" the wolf youkai asked.

"He loses his human soul to his youkai blood that he inherited from his otou in order to his protect his life, in other words he can't tell friend from foe."

"Why wasn't I told about this?" Kouga asked. Ginta looked at Kagome, a deep frown on his face.

"Kouga, maybe InuYasha didn't want you to know." Hakkaku said.

"Well we thought it would be settled now, Tessaiga became light for him a long time ago." Kagome said.

"His sword has an effect on him?" Ginta asked.

"It seals his youkai blood from taking his mind." Kagome answered. She leaned into Kouga. "But this, Tessaiga denied him, that's why I'm worried."

"And this Inuhidoi, who the hell is he?" Kouga asked. Kagome shook her head.

"I have no idea." Kagome said. "He's name is new to me."

"Maybe he's one of Naraku's followers?" Hakkaku pointed out.

"Maybe so." Ginta agreed.

Kagome pondered the thought. One of Naraku's followers possessing InuYasha? It didn't sound right.

Suddenly Kagome felt a slight sting on her neck. She slapped her hand and found a flea squashed in her palm.

"Ohh...why did you do that Kagome-sama?" the old flea asked. He bloated himself back out. "I couldn't find InuYasha-sama anywhere, and Sesshomaru-sama would poison me if I tried his blood."

"Myoga!" Kagome gasped. "You're the person I need to talk to!"

Kouga leaned in with Ginta and Hakkaku. Confusion printed on all three of their faces. "Who is that?" Kouga asked.

"I am Myoga, follower of the great Inu Youkai Lord, Inu no Taishou-sama."

"Who is Inu no Taishou?" Ginta asked.

"InuYasha's otou." Kagome answered. Kouga shot a surprised look.

"Mutt actually had a Youkai Lord for an otou?"

"Humph! Don't disrespect the great Lord Inu Youkai's name!" Myoga huffed. "Who is this wolf youkai, Kagome-sama?"

"He's Kouga, leader of the Western Wolf Tribe." Kagome answered.

"Well Kouga-sama, a leader of a wolf tribe, honored." Myoga bowed his head and turned his head back to Kagome. "Where is InuYasha-sama?"

Kagome felt her face go pale. "That's what I have to talk to you about."

"What's wrong with InuYasha-sama now? Has he gone on another angry rampage again?" Kagome shook her head.

"No, its well...Tessaiga is denying him."

"WHAT!?" Myoga yelled.

Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Sesshomaru all turned their heads towards them. Miroku shot up immediately.

"Myoga-chan is that you?"

"Yes it is me, Miroku-sama." Myoga bounded on Kagome's shoulder. "This is about InuYasha-sama, isn't it?"

"Yes." Sesshomaru stood above all of them. Kagome felt Kouga bristle in anger for a brief second, then relaxed.

"Well hello Sesshomaru-sama. Long time since I've spoken to you."

"Myoga, something is wrong with InuYasha. We have Kirara watching him now, but we don't understand why he has transformed like this." Sango said.

"He's transformed?" Myoga asked. "I thought he could control it now."

"Who is Inuhidoi, flea?" Sesshomaru asked. Silence.

Kagome looked at her shoulder to see Myoga go from a small innocent flea to a huge red ball of anger.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NAME!?" Myoga yelled. He wasn't yelling at anyone in particular, but his surprise gesture made Kagome screech and fall into Kouga's armor. Never had she seen the old flea so infuriated before.

Kouga's face printed in confusion, Ginta and Hakkaku ducked behind Sesshomaru, and Miroku and Sango leaned back a little.

"You...know who he is then?" Kagome gasped.

"I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT NAME UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!" Myoga screamed. Kagome felt her face go white; Myoga had never insulted anyone before.

"Myoga are you okay?" Shippo asked.

Myoga's face was printed red as he gasped for breath. He shrank back into the smaller form as his anger diminished, and sighed.

"How do you know that name?" he asked again.

"Otouto told us." Sesshomaru told the flea.

"InuYasha-sama knows him?" Myoga gulped.

"We think it is this Inuhidoi has possessed InuYasha." Sango said.

Myoga turned red and doubled his size once more. "WHAT!?" he yelled.

"Myoga please, who is he...?" Kagome started.

"This is bad, oh this is bad." Myoga mumbled.

"Myoga-chan, is it I take it, you've meet Inuhidoi before?" Miroku asked.

"Yes well...he was Inu no Taishou-sama's enemy." Myoga answered.

"Otou?" Sesshomaru glared.

"You mean mutt's otou fought him once before?" Kouga asked.

"Yes," Myoga answered. "He was indeed a formable opponent that even the great Inu Youkai Lord had a hard time defeating."

"Then why is he still alive?" Sesshomaru asked.

"When Inu no Taishou-sama fought Inuhidoi about seven hundred years ago, before you were born Sesshomaru-sama, they fought over mainly a pure Inu bloodline."

"Bloodline?" Sango asked.

"Well you see, oh how do I say this..." Myoga started. "Sesshomaru-sama, Inuhidoi is your great-grandfather."

Kagome looked at Sesshomaru, never had she seen so much emotion printed on the Youkai Lord's face. His face was complete shock, his eyes went slightly from gold to red, and Kagome shrank back. Sesshomaru seemed extremely angered.

"Would...that mean he is also InuYasha's great-grandfather?" Miroku asked.

"Yes." Myoga nodded.

"Then why...?" Sango started.

"Let me tell you the things I know about Inuhidoi." Myoga began. "It started way back before Inu no Taishou-sama was even born. Inuhidoi is the son of a female Inu youkai and a...Kami."

"A Kami?" Kouga asked.

"Yes, not just any Kami, he is very powerful. The female Inu Youkai is an ancestor of both InuYasha-sama and Sesshomaru-sama."

"Would that mean he is like a hanyou?" Kagome asked.

"Well he is not like InuYasha-sama, who is half human and half youkai. Inuhidoi is half youkai and half Kami. Inuhidoi planned to become a full fledge Kami by killing his own otou."

"Man, mutt has a twisted family." Kouga muttered. Kagome gave him a look then turned back to Myoga.

"Well, Inuhidoi had evil intentions himself and made a female Inu youkai have his son, your grandfather Sesshomaru-sama."

"What was his name?" Miroku asked.

"Well it's been a while, he died very young. Inu no Taishou-sama's otou managed to pass his love on to another before he was killed in the hands of Inuhidoi."

"What!?" Shippo yelped, "He killed his own son!?"

"Yes he did that." Myoga said. "Not only that, but he killed his mate as well."

"Who is Inuhidoi's otou?" Sesshomaru asked.

"A Kami..." Myoga started.

"What Kami?" Sesshomaru snarled.

"I would rather not say."

"Myoga please, it may help InuYasha." Kagome begged the flea.

"The Kami of Hell."

Sesshomaru flinched, Miroku's face fell, Sango gasped, and Kouga just looked shocked.

"You mean..." Kagome whimpered, "That InuYasha is a descendent of the...Kami of Hell?"

"I'm sorry Kagome-sama, he is." Myoga sighed.

"Well we are all descendents to put it that way." Miroku said.

"Houshi..." Sango started.

"Well who created man?" Miroku asked. "We are all children of Kami."

"But..." Kagome said, "It seems to plain to say InuYasha has that evil blood in him."

"I could see it in Sesshomaru." Ginta whispered. Sesshomaru glared at him. Ginta screamed and hid behind Miroku.

"Baka." Hakkaku shook his head.

"But could you explain what's happening to InuYasha?" Kagome asked the old flea.

Myoga sighed. "Could it be he's changed that much?"

"I got a good look at him when he hid himself in a tree." Sango perked up.

"Okay Sango-sama, what did you see?" Myoga asked.

Well the first thing he was enormously large. Bigger then Sesshomaru or any humanized youkai I've seen." Myoga nodded at her to continue.

"He also had huge black marks on his chest." Sango traced with her hands from her shoulders then from her hips giving a visible example. Kagome flinched.

"He was also transformed." Miroku put in.

"And his voice..." Shippo shivered.

"Plus there was something wrong with his back." Kouga snorted.

Myoga swung around and bounded on Kouga's nose. "What was wrong with InuYasha-sama's back?" the old flea asked.

"Well Kagome told me he had been scratching it before I ran up. Then it started to turn purplish." Kouga answered. Myoga stared.

"That all?" he asked.

"Yea, why is there more?" Sango asked.

"Yes, maybe...there is still a chance we can bring InuYasha-sama out of this before it escalades." Myoga said.

"InuYasha can be saved?!" Kagome squeaked.

"Unless..." Sesshomaru started then turned his head away. Kagome looked at him. Sesshomaru had wanted to say something, but it was almost like he was too afraid to say it.

"Sesshomaru unless what?" Kagome asked.

"Nothing miko."

Kouga snorted, "He never says your name does he Kagome?"

"It doesn't matter." Kagome sighed. She looked back up to the sky. The stars had been dancing through the velvet black curtain that was the night sky. But now it seemed almost eerie, it felt like the sky was trying to suffocate her. The blackness was a reminder of the unknown, the unknown of what Inuhidoi was doing to InuYasha. Kagome felt another tear fall down her cheek. She grasped her bow tightly in her hand. She was going to save InuYasha, no matter the risk. She loved her hanyou, she made the choice, she was going to die protecting him, or he would...No, Kagome thought, InuYasha will not die he needs me, and I need him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment