Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Crossroads

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 17 - Crossroads

Chapter 17 - Crossroads
InuYasha felt the wind take his hair and move it slightly. The wind whistled through his claws, and he curled his hand in annoyance. He felt the claws pierce his palm, but he felt no pain. There was just no pain to feel anymore.


"What's the matter InuYasha?"


"Shut up."


"You don't like being powerful do you?"


"I said shut up."


"Didn't you want to be a full-fledged youkai?"


"I SAID SHUT UP!"

InuYasha grasped his head and bit his lip. Inuhidoi had been silent until now. InuYasha felt like ripping his own head off, because Inuhidoi's voice was such a sick sound, it made InuYasha want to vomit.


"You are going to be difficult I see."


"Shut up."


"As that all, 'Shut up'?"


"Youre annoying me."


"No, I am you."


"No your not!"


"Then what are we InuYasha? We are two souls fighting for one body. One will break while the other takes what is rightfully his."


"You break you piece of shoot."


"I can't break; I'm not what you think I am."


"Then what are you?"


"Why is that your concern?"


"Because I want to know what the frack your doing to my body!"


"Simple enough, I'm making it more suitable for my powers."

InuYasha snorted. "Your powers are nothing."


"Then why are you using them?"


"I'm not asshole."

There was no response. InuYasha leaned back, Inuhidoi was quiet for the moment, and InuYasha was glad. He reached and scratched his back again. It didn't feel like skin anymore, it felt more like rubber. InuYasha removed his hand from his back, sickened.

He thought of Kagome, seeing her face in his mind brought him back to that terrible night that Inuhidoi had made him mark her. He remembered her blood in his mouth and how horrible he felt. It was disgusting to see that InuYasha could not protect her.


"Is that miko that important?"


"Leave Kagome out of this, this is just between you and me."


"You're wrong InuYasha; it has everything to do with everyone."


"No it doesn't!"


"Oh? Isn't she the reincarnation of the dog who pinned us to that tree for fifty years?"


"YOU LEAVE KIKYO OUT OFF THIS!!!"


"No, that dog will be the first to die when you break."

InuYasha thought quickly. "She's dead."


"Who the miko? Don't play dumb InuYasha, I can read your thoughts as plain as reading a scroll."


"Kikyo died the day she pinned me to that tree."


"Her body is made of dead bones and grave dirt, am I not correct?"


"She's dead."


"InuYasha stop acting like a dumb human."


"frack you."


"It was nice to have her back so I have another chance at killing her."


"You won't kill her, Naraku..."


"Oh that hanyou, he's nothing."


"You can kill him if you want."


"Humph. You talk like that more often you sound more like Sesshomaru."


"This has nothing to do with Sesshomaru."


"Fool there is a reason why I didn't possess him."


"To strong for you? Or am I just plain weaker?"


"Because he can't do something you can."

InuYasha stopped. What could he do that Sesshomaru can't? InuYasha jumped from the tree, he barley fell. His feet hit the ground and his head was even with the branch that he had been on.


"shoot, what are you?"

InuYasha walked through the wood. His nose in the air hoping not to smell anyone of his companions nearby. No one. InuYasha let out a sigh of relief. It sounded more like a hiss then anything. InuYasha kicked a fallen branch with his foot and walked on into the night.

InuYasha found a small pond nearby, it had a small trickle of water running down some rocks. InuYasha knelt down and looked into the water. A face stared at him. The two red eyes looked even different then his own transformed eyes, his fangs were completely stretched down to his chin. The stripes on his face were the most distinct of everything. There were four of them, they were jiggered like his just only black. They looked like four black snakes slithering across his cheeks.

InuYasha turned his back to see it a color of purple and black. The skin around it was dark red, probably from being scratched too much. InuYasha looked at his hair, it was mattered and disgusting looking. Kagome had washed it the day after he had broken his arm and made it look nice and smooth. Now it looked like a mane that had been ripped and hung up to dry in blood. Even his ears looked different, they were still dog ears but they had slightly moved down his head.

The marks across his chest stretched from his waist up and from his shoulders down, they seemed like a enormous black centipede that had wrapped itself around his body. InuYasha shivered.

How would Kagome look at him now? A monster? Could she even look at him? Would she even think that he was the same man she thought was her protector?

InuYasha moved his hand through the water and fell into its cold blanket. Purify me, he begged the chilled liquid. The water made no reply and InuYasha sank his head below the surface, feeling the cold liquid suck him into the depths. InuYasha moved his hands up his arms and held his breath until he came up and laid his head on the bank.


"What are you doing?"


"Just go away."


"Are you hoping for something?"


"Go to hell."

Suddenly Inuhidoi's laughter erupted in his head. InuYasha sat up, his anger burning.


"What the hell is so funny?"


"You."


"Go frack yourself."


"InuYasha I am Hell, or will be once you break."


"Your nothing."


"I am the son of Hell fool, and what did Sesshomaru call me? A hanyou?"


"He was calling me that."


"In a way he was right, but it would be like a human calling you that InuYasha."


"Youre a hanyou? Yea right."


"I am half youkai half God; you're half youkai half human. It's a shame people don't accept us creatures in the world do they? The say be pure or be nothing."


"You're nothing."


"Am I? What were you before you met that miko InuYasha? You were nothing to, just a wandering hanyou with nothing to look forward to in life."


"Shut up!"


"Before you met that miko, I had no plans to possess you again."


"Again?"


"Yes, InuYasha again, but now it doesn't matter as long as you break."


"I won't break."


"Oh InuYasha, I can make you break, starting by killing your companions."


"No!"


"Then don't tell me what I can't do."


"You son of a dog."


"Aren't you?"


"frack OFF! My mother is not a dog!"


"Your mother was nothing more then a weakling."


"SHUT UP!"


"No InuYasha, you shut up."

Suddenly Inuhidoi opened his eyes that would soon belong to him. He pulled himself out of the pond that InuYasha had sunken his body into.


"Learn before you speak InuYasha, you'll be joining that beloved dead miko of yours soon."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment