Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Poisoned

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 19 - Poisoned

Chapter 19 - Poisoned
Sango sat next to Miroku looking at the sky. She twitched her fingers in dismay, hoping to see Kirara fly down. The youkai cat was no where to be seen. Sango looked back at Myoga, hoping he would continue with his story about Inuhidoi. The old flea had gone silent on Kagome's shoulder, muttering to himself.

"Is there more Myoga-chan?" Miroku asked.

"Well, it gets complicated after that." Myoga answered.

Kouga and Kagome sat together. Kagome had finally gotten out of the wolf's lap and had laid her head on his shoulder. Shippo was between Miroku and herself, Sango now wished she had Kirara; her warmth was deeply wanted at the moment. Sesshomaru stood off to the side with Ginta and Hakkaku off to his right, muttering to themselves.

"Kirara hurry back." Sango sighed.

"Is everything okay Sango?" Miroku asked.

"Kirara is..." Sango suddenly felt Miroku's hand gracefully stroke her palm. She snapped her head to his. Sango's first instinct was to slap him, but his hand just rubbed her hand with a smooth sensation, not like a henti would. She looked at houshi; his face was with deepest concern.

"I know Sango." he said. Sango felt her face beginning to blush.

Kagome looked at her with interest, and then the miko gave her a warm smile. Shippo glared at Miroku, the young fox crossed his arms, shaking his head.

"Are you not going to slap him?" the young fox youkai asked.

"No...Not this time Shippo." Sango felt herself smile and gave Miroku a warm stare. Miroku smiled back.

"What would Inuhidoi do once he takes mutts body, flea?" Kouga asked suddenly.

"He would start at where his life ended." Myoga answered. "As I knew him, he wanted no weak descendents, he had tried to kill Inu no Taishou-sama's otou before he passed his love to his mate, but luckily Inuhidoi was a little to late."

"How awful." Sango said.

"Myoga, what will happen to InuYasha?" Kagome asked. Myoga sighed and adjusted his position on Kagome's shoulder.

"He well...breaks."

"Breaks?" Miroku asked.

"His soul will break unless InuYasha-sama can force Inuhidoi's soul out from his body, InuYasha-sama's soul will break." the old flea answered.

"Mutt can't break, he's to damn stubborn." Kouga snorted. Kagome turned to him and smiled.

"Thanks Kouga." Kagome said. Kouga looked at the young miko and sighed.

"Well I rather not talk how weak he is in front of you, Kagome." Kouga smiled. Kagome's smile faded into a frown and sighed.

"He will if he knows." Sesshomaru suddenly said.

Everyone turned to him.

"Sesshomaru-sama? You don't mean..."

"Yes I do." the Youkai Lord said.

"What do you mean if he knows?" Sango asked. "Knows what?"

"None of your concern." Sesshomaru growled.

Sango shrank back, apparently there was more connection between InuYasha and Sesshomaru then meets the eye.

"I think InuYasha will beat him, it's his body isn't it?" Ginta asked.

"I don't know, Kami's can be very powerful, even a half-Kami." Miroku put his hand on his chin. "Though I have never heard of a half-Kami before."

"But it's his soul InuYasha's fighting." Kagome pointed out.

"It's harder that way actually Kagome-sama." Myoga said. "Removing a soul from the body is much harder then destroying a physical body. InuYasha-sama would have it easier if he was fighting Inuhidoi in person, though he probably still lose."

"What?" Kouga snapped. "What do you mean he would still lose?"

"Kami's can see what humans and youkai's can not." Myoga said simply.

"In what way?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Let's just say this, our lives are extremely short compared to theirs, they see things that we living things can not even comprehend." Myoga said.

"Like what?" Sango asked. She looked in the sky once more, it was too dark to see, but Sango would immediately recognize Kirara gliding across the sky if she had been there.

"Like things not of this world, Sango-sama."

"How powerful is Inuhidoi?" Kagome asked.

"Sigh...more powerful then all of us, including InuYasha-sama, combined." Myoga sighed.

"I don't believe such nonsense." Sesshomaru snarled.

"Sesshomaru-sama I'm sorry Kami's power is much stronger then any youkai's."

Sesshomaru snapped around his eyes red and his mouth exposing his enormous dog teeth.

"Sesshomaru, Myoga-chan respects you as a Youkai Lord, he is just referring to how powerful a Kami is. He is not calling you weak, you're a very strong youkai." Miroku said, jumping up.

Sango looked at Miroku, how was he that brave to stand up to Sesshomaru like that? Sesshomaru snarled, he was obviously still angry about the whole matter. Even though Sango had not known InuYasha's onii that long, she had never seen him express so much emotion. Maybe it's InuYasha, Sango thought.

Suddenly she snapped up, the sky suddenly went bright blue and ther stood Ah-Un with the toad youkai, Jaken in its mouth.

"Jaken." Sesshomaru smoothly became calm again and stared down at his servant. He sniffed the air then looked at Ah-Un, his eyes became slightly wider as he found the dragon's seat empty. "Where is Rin?"

"Forgive me my Lord!" Jaken fell to his knees and cried on Sesshomaru's tail. "A youkai got her!"

"What?" Sesshomaru growled. He sniffed the air with more determination. "What youkai?"

"It actually looked like your hanyou otouto InuYasha, my Lord." Jaken mumbled.

"What!?" Kagome screamed. "Where is InuYasha?"

"That filthy youkai was not that hanyou you human wrench!" Jaken sneered. Kouga hissed and stood up.

"Talk like that to Kagome again I'll..."

"Kouga I don't care, it doesn't bother me." Kagome said. Sango stood up.

"Jaken did he have stripes like this on his chest?" Sango showed the example once more.

"Yes." the toad youkai answered.

"Then it was InuYasha, meaning Inuhidoi has a hold of Rin." Miroku said. Kagome gasped.

"No InuYasha would not let anyone hurt Rin!" the miko yelled. She grabbed Jaken by his clothes and shook him. "Where is he!?"

"Let me go you..." Jaken started. Sango noticed burns all up the servant's arms.

"Jaken your arms..." Sango said.

"Stupid youkai reversed my attack of the Staff of Two Heads!" Jaken snorted.

"What Inuhidoi can control youkai's youki?" Kouga snapped.

"No, he shouldn't be able to..." Miroku started.

Suddenly Sango felt something was wrong. The others were so into the whereabouts of Rin that they didn't notice the change in the air that surrounded them. Sango grabbed her Hiraikotsu and moved toward the wood were she sensed the youki. Sango glanced behind her, she did not want to go alone.

"Shippo come here." Sango hissed. The fox youkai bounded over and hopped onto her shoulder.

"Where are we going Sango?" he asked.

"Shhh...I sense something."

"And you wanted to bring me along?" Shippo gulped.

"You're the only one who can run faster for help if I need it." Sango said.

"Okay, but I'm not fighting no youkai."

"Sure thing."

Sango leveled her Hiraikotsu on her shoulder and her other hand wrapped around her sword hilt. She scanned the area as she walked closer to the evil youki she sensed. It was the same youki, Sango thought that Kagome had sensed all that time ago at the picnic. If they had known then, maybe InuYasha would not be in the condition he was in.

Shippo shivered on her shoulder, his fox fire glowing brightly in his small palm, its blue glow lighting a path. Sango felt her foot snap on a branch, and stopped. She listened and heard nothing and continued on. Sango moved her hands over the barks of the trees that she passed; even they would know when a youkai passed their trunks.

A branch suddenly snapped, Sango froze. This time it had not been her. Shippo's tail puffed out, but both stayed silent. Shippo put his fox fire down leaving them in complete darkness, except for the stars that glowed above them. Hiraikotsu at ready, Sango bit her lip and waited.

A small clearing was ahead and a enormous shadow came into view. Sango felt Shippo shrink back on her shoulder.

"Do you think that's InuYasha?" he whispered.

"Shhh." Sango put her finger to her lips. She edged closer; her youkai extermination skills flowing through her body as she slowly and silently crept closer to the clearing.

It was InuYasha, but part of him was too hard to see. Sango did see a unconscious Rin in his arms as he stared at the sky. Shippo whimpered.


"I know you're there."

Suddenly Sango felt her body slam into the clearing, Shippo flying into the bushes. She hissed and brought up her Hiraikotsu to protect her body.

"InuYasha I know you can hear me!" Sango shouted. This was the worst predicament, she was alone fighting Inuhidoi. Shippo popped out of the bushes, shaking, he hid behind Sango's leg. InuYasha turned to her.

Sango had traveled with InuYasha for almost a year now, and she had never seen InuYasha so powerful. Even when he was transformed he never reached this extensive height of power. Sango felt her emotion of fear take her body and felt her own feet start to back up. Shippo clung to her ankle chattering his teeth. "InuYasha please...don't let Inuhidoi control you."


"You know don't you...Sango?"

Sango flinched; even Naraku's voice didn't sound that evil. How the hell did Inuhidoi know her name? "Put Rin down, she is not involved in this."


"Sesshomaru is looking for her then?"

"She is not involved."


"She is Sango; she is the small softness that corrupts Sesshomaru's heart."

Sango growled, he was accusing Rin of being Sesshomaru's weakness! She gritted her teeth, her Hiraikotsu ready to be thrown.


"You won't throw it Sango; I can see it in your eyes."

"How do you know me Inuhidoi!?"


"InuYasha and your own thoughts, minds are to easy to read if you live and breath on Earth."

"What the hell do you want with InuYasha?!" Sango yelled.


"His body."

Movement behind InuYasha caught Sango's eye. At first she thought it was Kirara, but there were no flames that would indicate that Kirara was there. Whatever it was the night air covered its form. Sango gritted her teeth.

"You have no right to InuYasha's body!"


"Women I have all the right."

With a swing of his hand, four poisonous claws came shooting towards her. She ducked and blocked them once again with her Hiraikotsu. They began to melt right through the bone.

"Ugh! Shippo go get help!" Shippo ran and began to scramble toward the wood when the claws with drew from her Hiraikotsu and aimed for Shippo. "Shippo look out! HIRAIKOTSU!"

The boomerang flew blocking the claws from harming the young youkai as he scrambled away and out of sight. But now her Hiraikotsu was melting in InuYasha's claws, and Sango had only her sword to protect her.

InuYasha looked at her; he dropped Rin to the ground and with a burst of speed ran right for her. Sango moved just in time to avoid his claw but she was to slow with her feet. Sango felt her weight change as her ankle got snagged around InuYasha's foot.

She rolled over grabbing were she thought Hiraikotsu was but to her horror it was not there. Sango turned to InuYasha and literally felt her body go numb.

"Kami..."

The movement behind InuYasha earlier was not this, Sango blinked several times hoping the night air had affected her vision. There were two enormous black like dragon wings attached to InuYasha's back. Sango felt her body refuse to move because of the shock of what she was seeing.

"What...what...have you done to InuYasha?" her voice sounded like she was drowning in water. The next thing she felt was InuYasha's hand wrapping around her throat.

Sango felt her vision really start to blur, she kicked and swung her hidden knife that was located on her wrist slicing InuYasha's face. She didn't want to, but her own instincts had taken over to protect her own life.


"Is that best you can do exterminator? You're only human after all."

"Go to...hell."


"I am Hell."

Sango felt pain shooting through her neck, one of InuYasha's claws sank into her skin poisoning her blood. She gasped and felt her adrenaline pump, her fight suddenly went into a blind frenzy as she kicked and sliced at InuYasha.

Suddenly InuYasha released her and growled.


"Run...Sango!"

Sango felt her body crash into the ground, it wasn't moving. She felt the poison leak through her system, it was a lot more poison then before. Sango could barley move a muscle. A loud whoosh could be heard and she felt something soft and furry pick her up. She could barley see, but she knew.

"Kirara...?"

The youkai cat flew off into the sky with Sango on her back. Sango looked down to see a outline in the sky following them at terrific speed. Inuhidoi had won over InuYasha again.

"Faster..." It was the last thing Sango remembered as unconsciousness fell over her heavy body.


_~~~~~~~_



For some reason some for my commas end up looking like this  and I have no idea why. So if you see this box, its a comma.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment