Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Confrontation

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 20 - Confrontation

Chapter 20 - Confrontation
Sesshomaru stared at his servant. Of all the foolish things to do was to leave Rin in InuYasha's hands. Sesshomaru suddenly picked up Rin's scent in the wind and also the youkai exterminator's.

Suddenly the youkai cat flew into view and landed softly on the ground. The exterminator looked half dead, blood leaking out of her mouth.

"Sango!" the houshi screamed. He ran over to Kirara and grabbed the woman off the youkai cat's back. "Sango! No don't die!"

"What happened!?" the wolf youkai shouted.

"Inuhidoi..." the exterminator moaned. Sesshomaru snapped up, InuYasha was nearby was he? Sesshomaru felt InuYasha's evil presence behind him. He slowly turned around to see two red eyes staring at him through the trees.

"Get out here otouto."


"I'm not your otouto, Sesshomaru."

The miko screamed. "InuYasha, InuYasha!" She ran towards the eyes, but Sesshomaru would not let her make the almost fatal mistake again. He flew with great speed and grabbed the miko by the arm and literally threw her backwards.

"Foolish, do not do that again."

"Sesshomaru stop it's..." the miko yelled. Sesshomaru paid no attention. He stood and looked into the red eyes that stared down at him.

"Show yourself Inuhidoi."


"Forget something Sesshomaru?"

Sesshomaru saw quick movement; he reacted thinking Inuhidoi was going to attack when a small human body came flying in his direction.

"Rin!"

The Youkai Lord caught the girl and moved away. He felt his anger burn that to think Inuhidoi could have just killed the small girl by breaking her fragile body against his.

"shoot!" the wolf yelled. He ran up behind Sesshomaru.

"InuYasha!" the miko came running back. She apparently did not care about her life at all if she had decided to ignore Sesshomaru's warning. Sesshomaru could not reach her this time with his arm holding Rin he could do nothing to stop the running miko.

"Stop her wolf!" Sesshomaru hissed at Kouga.

The wolf didn't need too think twice and raced over, grabbing the miko who thrashed against him screaming in protest.

"Kouga no let me go!"

"Damn it Kagome that is not mutt!"

The poison shot towards the two and Kouga, with his boosted speed, managed to doge the red claws.

"SANGO!"

Sesshomaru ran over to the houshi who was cradling the exterminator in his arms. The Youkai Lord placed Rin down gently by Ah-Un and Jaken.

"Protect her with your life." Sesshomaru hissed at his servant.

Jaken gulped and nodded in reply.

The wolf's pack was at the houshi's side trying to help the injured women. Sesshomaru could smell the poison leaking off her body. He did not know the extent of the poison's strength, but he knew it was powerful enough to kill a human women.

"Houshi get the flea, he may be able to help her." Sesshomaru said. The houshi turned to him, tears falling down his face.

"Thank you Sesshomaru." was his reply.

Sesshomaru ran reaching for his Tokijin. He ripped the sword out and froze. Sesshomaru had forgotten that it was no use anymore, bent in that shape he would not be able to release its youki power.

Growling in anger he sheathed Tokijin and ran towards InuYasha. His poison claws stretched and ready to attack, he swung his poison whip. The whip connected with a tree and bounced away, Sesshomaru growled he had just missed him.

"Inuhidoi do not hide from me."

Sesshomaru glared around. It was silent, too silent. Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes; he smelled Inuhidoi's scent everywhere making it harder to locate him.

"shoot he disappeared!" the wolf sneered.

"InuYasha, InuYasha!" the miko kept screaming in the wolf's arms. She kicked him hard in the forearm and wolf yelped and released the girl.

"Kagome!"

"No I'll stop him!" the miko ran blindly into the wood.

"Foolish women!" Sesshomaru growled. He ran after her, she was extremely annoying to have around. "Get back here miko, or Inuhidoi will see you perish!"


"Fool you should be more focused on me, not her."

Sesshomaru froze then felt a heavy weight fall on his back. He reared back scratching with his poison at the figure. Sesshomaru landed back on his feet and glared at his enemy. What he saw appalled him.

His otouto stood there almost a foot taller then himself, and two black dragon wings stuck out from behind him, they were enormous.

"What have you done to my otouto!?" Sesshomaru hissed.


"You fear my appearance Sesshomaru, and yet you deny it you fear me anyway."

"Silence!" Sesshomaru felt these emotions running through his head that he had never felt before, and one made him furious, fear. He would not fear Inuhidoi even if it killed him. He felt his eyes burn their red core as he began to seize the one emotion he would cling to, his anger.

Sesshomaru growled, aiming his poison claws at InuYashas chest, he lunged. InuYasha moved quickly, he literally disappeared before Sesshomaru's eyes. Sesshomaru swung around, eyeing for movement, smelling the scent that was near.

"Do not hide from me!"

Sesshomaru growled and sniffed the air. It appeared that Inuhidoi had vanished but Sesshomaru was not letting his guard down, not even for an instant.

"Vermin."

Sesshomaru carefully walked back to the others. He eyed the tree tops were Inuhidoi had surprised him by dropping on him from above. Inuhidoi knew how to hide himself well; he left his scent fresh and everywhere. It was so fresh it felt like Inuhidoi was standing right next to Sesshomaru himself.

He heard the cries of the houshi and the yelling of the wolf up ahead. He entered the clearing to find the houshi begging the exterminator to wake up. The flea had nearly tripled his size; the houshi had taken Sesshomaru's advice and had let the flea help him.

"Sango, please wake up!"

"Help Sango needs help!" the young fox youkai came scrambling up towards them when he stopped and stared. "Sango...?"

"Sesshomaru-sama...?"

The little voice pierced his ears like a sword and he swung his head around to see a conscious Rin. She was held up by Jaken, rubbing her eyes with her small hands. "Sesshomaru-sama...something is wrong with InuYasha-sama."

"Rin."

Sesshomaru was just glad the little girl was alright.

"Sesshomaru!"

He turned to see the houshi's eyes begging him. "Please...bring her back with your Tensegia."

"She's dead?"

Sesshomaru sniffed, he still smelled life in the women. Of all the humans he had seen, she was one of the strongest to fight such deadly poison inflicted by a youkai.

"She's still alive houshi."

"But...she's not going to last..." the houshi broke back into tears again.

"KAGOME!!!" the wolf's voice yelled. He was running in and out of the wood searching for the missing miko. "KAGOME!!!"

Sesshomaru muttered to himself, he could not protect InuYasha's miko. Of all the people to help his otouto's soul it was that miko. If Inuhidoi hurt her, Sesshomaru knew it would break the hanyou's soul.

Sesshomaru sniffed the air for her, but too much of Inuhidoi's scent leaked around the whole clearing. It was hard to tell whose scent was whose now.

"Where the hell is she!?" the wolf yelled at him. He ran up and got right into Sesshomaru's face. "You were in there! Where the hell is Kagome!?"

Sesshomaru would have usually stayed calm and would have threatened the wolf not to do that again, but instead rage boiled over his senses.

"That women was stupid and foolish, she is not my responsibility!" Sesshomaru hissed.

Kouga growled and pulled away from him, his focus was more on the miko then getting into a fight with Sesshomaru.

"Sango...please hang on." the houshi whispered in the exterminator's ear. "Myoga-chan, please is there any more you can...?"

"No Miroku-sama," the flea muttered. "If I take any more I'll die of this poison and she will die of too little blood."

"Is there anything more we can do?" Hakkaku asked.

"Kagome can purify the poison!" Ginta explained. "Kouga where is Kagome?"

"I'm looking for her you baka! Why the hell are you not helping!?" the wolf yelled. He sniffed the air but shook his head. The wolf was running into the same problem that Sesshomaru had, Inuhidoi's scent was too fresh and to much around them.

"Sango..." the young fox youkai mumbled. "I'm sorry I ran as fast as I could." He wept and the cat youkai knelt down trying to comfort him. She purred sending vibrations throughout the clearing.

Sesshomaru knew Inuhidoi would find the miko faster then wolf, meaning she could be injured or even dead at the moment.

"Houshi...?"

"Sango!"

"I'm starting to feel much better." The exterminator said and smiled at the houshi. She stopped and stared. "You're crying houshi, why...?"

"I thought I had lost..." he couldn't finish and fell on top of her in a fit of tears. He hugged her tightly and rocked her back in forth. In response she hugged him back.

"It's okay houshi..." she looked at the flea. "Thanks to Myoga."

"I'm not feeling to good right now." the flea moaned.

"Damn it! Where is she!?" Kouga hissed. He had run past the clearing more then twenty times now his face had completely gone red. "KAGOME!"

He gasped for breath, holding his throat. "Kouga?" Hakkaku asked.

"My throat is sore it's nothing." the wolf grumbled.

"Is Inuhidoi gone?" the flea asked.

"So is the miko." Sesshomaru said.

"Sesshomaru-sama, what is wrong with your otouto-sama?" Rin asked.

"Girl that couldn't have been that hanyou!" Jaken snapped.

"It was." Sesshomaru said.

"No it wasn't Sesshomaru."

Sesshomaru turned to see the exterminator glaring at him, her hand on her injured neck, her eyes like ice.

"That was not InuYasha. He would never have those..." the exterminator looked at him. "You saw them, didn't you?"

Sesshomaru knew what she was talking about, those wings. Sesshomaru had come across winged youkai that had similar characteristics, but seeing them on his otouto's back had struck a nerve. InuYasha may be a disgrace to the Inu Youkai bloodline since he was hanyou, and never had Sesshomaru wanted to admit that his otou's blood ran threw InuYasha's veins. But it made Sesshomaru furious to think that his otouto had those wings on his back, he was a son of an Inu Youkai not a damn Kami.

"You knew didn't you flea?"

"Knew what Sesshomaru-sama?"

"About Inuhidoi and his...back." Sesshomaru decided to not let the others know what he knew.

"What about his back!?" the flea coughed when he yelled.

"You know Myoga." the exterminator said. She sat up, with the houshi's help.

"Know what Sango?" the houshi asked.

"His wings."

"GAHHHHH!!!" the flea doubled his size. "NO! IT CAN'T BE!!!"

"Myoga-chan please, what wings Sango?"

"I didn't see any wings Sango." the young fox youkai said.

"We shouldn't be here sitting! We have to find Kagome!" the wolf roared.

"InuYasha took Kagome!?" the exterminator gasped.

"No, the foolish women ran off on her own."

"You!" the wolf shook his fist at Sesshomaru. "Kagome is not a foolish woman! And use her name damn you!"

Sesshomaru felt his emotions back under control, and ignored the wolf.

"There is a way to defeat Inuhidoi." the flea suddenly said. Sesshomaru glared at him his eyes looked at the flea with curiosity.

"You must use the Inu Soul, from Tessaiga, it was how Inu no Taishou-sama defeated him last time." the flea said.

"Tessaiga?" Miroku asked.

"Sesshomaru-sama, I think the reason why Inuhidoi did not take your body is because you can't wield Tessaiga, and InuYasha-sama can."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment