Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 21 - Tears

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 21 - Tears

Chapter 21 - Tears
Miroku could not look up, he moved his staff and turned away from Sango. It had almost been a full day since her near death by Inuhidoi's poison. He walked, kicking a small rock from the path.

They had lost both InuYasha and Kagome's scent. Sesshomaru and Kouga stayed near the front, with their sensitive noses they would have a much easier time finding the missing hanyou and miko.

"Houshi...?"

Miroku looked away, he couldn't look at Sango. What she had seen him do was confessed his deepest feelings to her. It had been a overwhelming heavy blanket that had suffocated his every breath. It had forced those tears from his eyes making him cry so drastically that Miroku thought he would cry until there were no more tears left to shed.

"Houshi, its okay I should be alright in a few more days."

"Yea Miroku, Sango is strong just like Kagome said." Shippo said. He sat on Hakkaku's shoulder with Ginta walking beside him.

"Houshi, is what the flea said true?" Ginta asked. Miroku made no reply. He had been to many villages and had treated some for depression over losing another, and now it felt like he had the same feelings. He felt like he had almost lost something that was to important to lose, in his life.

Miroku looked at his kazaana hand. He clenched it, he would rather be sucked into his own kazaana then let Sango die before his eyes. Miroku had given it a thought for a while; he had already asked Sango's hand in marriage, but would she really want him? He thought about it as he walked silently down the path behind Sesshomaru, he would have to figure it out after they fixed InuYasha's dilemma.

Miroku felt a flash of anger, why couldn't InuYasha protect her? Why had he let Inuhidoi hurt her like that!? Miroku shook his head of these thoughts; his hanyou friend was not at fault. Sango had even told him InuYasha managed to pull away form her to let Kirara take her to safety. Miroku cursed at himself; he was accusing InuYasha of Sango's injuries and he knew that was wrong for him to think.

Miroku thought of the dream to keep him away from thinking about Sango's near death. Myoga had said Inu Soul. It was exactly what the mysterious figure had said as well. Miroku walked behind Sesshomaru, the flea was on his shoulder. The Youkai Lord had been ignoring Myoga for most of the days walk.

"Myoga-chan?"

"Yes Miroku-sama?"

"Who else would know about the Inu Soul in Tessaiga?" Sesshomaru turned and glared at him. Miroku ignored Sesshomaru's stare. "I mean my dream, someone told me 'Tessaiga Inu Soul'."

"Only Inu no Taishou-sama would know about the Inu Soul, Miroku-sama."

Miroku stopped, he thought hard. The figure had also said something else; Miroku strained his memory. The figure had said 'Save my Son'. Miroku knew who had come in his dream, Inu no Taishou.

"I think your otou was trying to send me a message, Sesshomaru." Miroku said to the Youkai Lord. Sesshomaru looked ahead of him.

"My otou is none of your concern houshi."

"I think it is Sesshomaru, he came to me in my dreams."

Sesshomaru turned around and looked down at him. "Foolish human." Miroku heard Sesshomaru's servant, Jaken mumble.

"My otou would know better then to speak to humans." Sesshomaru said. With that he turned back around and continued to walk forward. Miroku felt his anger take him.

"Your otou loved a human Sesshomaru! Why would he not talk to me!? InuYasha is here because of your otou's feelings for humans!" Miroku bit his lip; he knew he had just made an enormous mistake.

Sesshomaru turned to him, much slower then before, his eyes flicked red. "InuYasha is nothing but a hanyou, he is nothing."

"Whoa, houshi is brave to do that." Ginta whispered.

"I'll say." Hakkaku whispered back. Kouga snorted.

"Are you all to distracted to find Kagome? I don't give a shoot about mutt right now!" the wolf youkai moved further ahead of them sniffing the air. "Damn all of you, your to slow."

"Kouga wait!" Sango called. Kouga stopped and turned to her. "You can't find Kagome all on your own, and what would happen if you were to run into InuYasha, alone?"

"I would kill him." Kouga said simply.

"Good luck with that." Myoga mumbled. Kouga snarled.

"Why is this Inuhidoi so damn powerful to match my speed? Ha! I don't think so."

"I don't know Kouga; we should stick together then risk the chance." Miroku said.

"I'm not scared of mutt, he..."

"It's not InuYasha-sama you would be fighting, Kouga-sama. It would be Inuhidoi." Myoga said.

"What are the significance of his wings, flea?" Sesshomaru suddenly asked.

Myoga gulped and turned away from Sesshomaru's glare. "I really don't know the true extent of it, but it is part of his body."

"Mutt has wings? Isn't he a half-Inu youkai, not a bird?" Kouga said.

"They're not feathered Kouga, their like a dragons, it would explain what was happening to his back, it was growing wings." Sango said.

"I saw no wings Sango." Shippo said.

"It was dark Shippo. I didn't see them until I was staring at his backside."

Miroku sighed, Kirara was walking behind him purring as she rubbed up against his sandaled feet. "Thanks Kirara." he told the youkai cat.

"They were rather large."

Everyone stopped. Rin sat on the back of Ah-Un, her face pale and her small figure sinking into the back of the two-headed dragon.

"Rin." Sesshomaru said.

"InuYasha-sama was there I felt him." the young girl quivered. "He told me to run, his face was so frightened I didn't know if he was more scared then me."

"Rin did you...?" Miroku started, but Sesshomaru's growl cut him off. Miroku put his hands up, "I'm sorry I won't question the girl if you don't want me to Sesshomaru."

"Watch what you say houshi, it may be your last."

Miroku knew he had gotten on Sesshomaru's last nerves, from his outburst about the Lord's otou to his questioning of Rin. Miroku decided not to anger InuYasha's onii any longer.

"Houshi..." Sango came up behind him and put her hand on his shoulder. He flinched at her touch.

"Sango..." Miroku finally looked her in the eye. Sango's face was still rather pale, but the color was coming back making her look livelier. Her Hiraikotsu had been repaired to its full extent, with the help of Myoga. Her body seemed to have become stronger itself, he could see the muscles building in her arms and legs. Miroku felt something churn in his stomach, he knew that feeling, he didn't want to grope her...he wanted to kiss her.

Miroku felt his face go red and turned away. He couldn't do that, she would probably slap him. But if he imagined Sango's lips on his, it would feel like heaven itself. Stop it, Miroku thought, get out of your fantasies and back to reality.

"He's going to do it Sango, watch yourself." Shippo warned.

Miroku felt his annoyance rise, he wanted to do what InuYasha would do, hit the boy on the head. But unlike InuYasha, Miroku managed to restrain himself from such violence.

"I'm really worried about Kagome." Sango said.

"Me too Sango, would InuYasha be able to prevent anything from happening to her?" Shippo asked.

"Kouga would not be very happy if anything would happen to sister that is InuYasha's fault." Hakkaku said.

"Sister?" Rin asked.

"Kouga asked Kagome to become his..." Ginta started when Kouga ran up and hit him upside the head.

"Fool that girl is too young!" Kouga snapped.

"Sorry!" Ginta shrieked, and cowered behind Hakkaku.

"You like Kagome-sama?" Rin asked. "But your wolves..."

"Pup, my wolves won't eat human flesh anymore, because of Kagome." Kouga said. Sesshomaru snarled in his direction.

"I would think so, or I'll remove your presence from here."

"I won't hurt the pup; I thought you knew that from our last meet." Kouga held up his hands.

"Then do not speak of those things in front of this Sesshomaru."

"Fine. I'm more worried about Kagome. shoot where is she!?" Kouga darted in front of the pack again sniffing the air.

"Kouga, I think we should talk about 'mating' for a second." Miroku said. The first thing he felt was Sango's Hiraikotsu hitting him upside the head. Then Kouga and Sesshomaru turned their heads in his direction.

"Houshi...what of that is your concern?" Sesshomaru asked. "It is a youkai trait."

"I think it may have happened to Kagome." Miroku said.

"WHAT!?" Kouga yelled.

"Who marked her Miroku-sama?" Myoga asked.

"I think InuYasha; she had a bite mark on her neck." Miroku answered.

"Come to think of it, it was that night at the village. Kagome had a wound coming from her neck, and when we subdued InuYasha his fangs were covered in her blood." Sango said.

"But it was so deep." Shippo quivered. "Does it require biting so hard?"

"MUTT MARKED KAGOME!? HOW frackING DARE HE!" Kouga shouted.

"Kouga-sama please stop yelling, if this is true then Kagome-sama is InuYasha-sama's mate." Myoga said.

"Or Inuhidoi's." Sesshomaru said.

"What?" Miroku whirled around to face the Youkai Lord. "What do you mean by that?"

"Was it InuYasha who marked her, or was it Inuhidoi controlling him?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Well..." Sango said, "It was too early to tell, we still thought he was transformed at the time."

"Oh dear, this could be bad." Myoga said.

"What is it?" Kouga had stopped yelling, sweat coming off his brow.

"If Inuhidoi has marked Kagome-sama, he won't kill her, he'll oh no, Kagome-sama." Myoga mumbled.

"He'll what?" Kouga asked his voice going a little higher.

"You know what mates are for Kouga-sama."

Miroku looked at Kouga. The wolf's face had gone completely white, he looked like he was going to fall to the ground any second from shock.

"Myoga...you don't mean he'll take Kagome by force do you?" Sango whimpered.

"I have a bad feeling, we better find her quickly; I don't think InuYasha-sama may have the strength to stop him."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment