Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 26 - Kami

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 26 - Kami

Chapter 26 - Kami
Sesshomaru kept his footing, but felt one of his ribs snap, he ignored it. His jaw was broken, but Sesshomaru knew better then to express weakness in the time of battle.

InuYasha hissed. Sesshomaru had taken what had InuYasha had said, and brought it to himself, that was Inuhidoi’s weakness. His wings. InuYasha never had them to begin with, and it only seemed logical that they weren’t just there for flight.

“Sesshomaru-sama!” the flea hissed on his shoulders. Sesshomaru, unable to talk with his broken jaw gave the flea a quick stare.

“You must use Tessaiga!” Myoga explained.

How? Where was the sword anyway? Sesshomaru glared down, InuYasha wore nothing, which included Tessaiga. He must have ditched it somewhere.

Sesshomaru hissed, his eyes beginning to grow hot. He felt the pain slowly begin to grow steadily lower, and his reflexes grew more intense. InuYasha was standing over him, his wings circled in an arc that blocked Sesshomaru of any view from behind him.

He heard the wolf hiss a warning, and Rin’s scent slammed his nose. Sesshomaru knew he had told the exterminator to stay with Rin and the injured miko, but she had apparently not listened. Even the miko’s scent seemed closer.

“I suggest you start knowing your superior, Sesshomaru.”

Sesshomaru growled, unable to respond he thought angrily, Inuhidoi was NOT his superior.

“Broken jaw? Can’t speak can you, you filth Inu youkai.”

Sesshomaru hissed, his face slowly staring to transform into his true form. He felt his rib snap back into position, and his jaw reset.

“You would know I have no superior.” Sesshomaru hissed.

“No Sesshomaru, you have no superior, you have nothing but cowardliness.”

“Silence! I will not take such criticism from the likes of you!” Sesshomaru roared. He charged his poison claws aiming for InuYasha’s chest. This time InuYasha did not doge his claws; he just stood there and let Sesshomaru’s hand go thru his chest.

Sesshomaru immediately felt his hand burn, like it was cooking. He wrenched his hand out, only to see his hand melting into nothing but useless flesh.

InuYasha’s wound healed before Sesshomaru could blink; he took advantage of Sesshomaru’s suddenly weakness. He slashed his claws, without using the poison swiped into Sesshomaru’s face.

This time Sesshomaru did not land on his feet but was jutted back and his back hitting a tree. He felt the mass amount of blood run down his face, angry that he was taken advantage of so easily.

“This is your weakness Sesshomaru; you are nothing more then a pathetic youkai.”

“Who are you to judge?!” the wolf yelled from behind InuYasha. “You’re nothing more then a lusting fracked up asshole!”

“You may be half-Kami Inuhidoi but that does not make you anyone’s superior. We are all our own superior.” The houshi snapped.

“INUYASHA!”

The miko’s voice filled the air. Sesshomaru was surprised her voice had that strength behind it. Last time he had seen her, she had a long burn running down her face, blurring her speech.

“Her again.”

Sesshomaru could tell by Inuhidoi’s voice, he was not very pleased to see the miko around. Apparently something else happened then him mating her. Sesshomaru noticed his attention switch and charged, this time aiming for his right wing.

But the wing itself moved slamming full force into him, a long talon coming off jutted into his side, sinking into his chest. The pain was intense and Sesshomaru lost his sight in his right eye for a second. He managed to upright his position, but the wing slammed into his head sending him off balance. He had had enough.

Sesshomaru felt his entire body start to transform, but it was cut short. He smelled the poison and had to take the time to dodge it before it reached its target.

“Sesshomaru!” the exterminator flew up on her youkai cat and blocked the poison claws from hitting him. Though he would never say it, he thanked the exterminator for the assistance.

“I told…you to stay with the miko and Rin!” Sesshomaru hissed at Sango.

“I couldn’t! Kagome persisted to come after InuYasha!” the exterminator yelled back. She had to dodge the flying poison again before the youkai cat could regain her air. “Kirara go to his right!”

“Sesshomaru-sama look out!” Rin’s voice hit his ears. He moved just in time to see a red ball of youki pass just as it burned down trees behind him.

“Sango, where is Kagome!?” the houshi yelled.

“She’s…”

“INUYASHA!”

Sesshomaru froze to see the injured miko aiming her bow and arrow at his otouto. Sesshomaru felt the anger of Inuhidoi rise behind him.

“Miko you are no longer my concern.”

“I know InuYasha is there! I’ll purify you and get InuYasha back!” the miko screamed.

“Miko there is nothing that will purify me, now die.”

With the flick of his claws he shot a ball of youki towards the battered miko.

“Kagome!” the wolf yelled.

The miko bit her lip, Sesshomaru barley heard it. “InuYasha please forgive me. It’s for you.”

She let the arrow fly, the pink light surrounded it and they collided. The youki and purifying arrow slammed into each other, but the arrow melted and the youki landed a few feet from where the miko was kneeling.

Sesshomaru stared at the miko; she had just worn off an attack from a half-Kami. Sesshomaru turned when he suddenly felt Tensegia next to him, shaking vigorously.

“shoot! Kagome all you all right!?” the wolf ran over, mostly hoping on one leg, and grasped the miko as she crumbled into his arms.

“You are disgusting!” Jaken yelled at InuYasha. Sesshomaru was guessing that was meant for the reason InuYasha had nothing on.

Sesshomaru turned back to InuYasha, he felt his anger rise. Tokijin would be very useful at the moment. Tensegia continued to shake against him, did it want to be wielded?

InuYasha may be a person of this world, but Inuhidoi had possessed what did not belong. Maybe, Tensegia would be able to cut Inuhidoi and not his otouto.

Whipping Tensegia out, he pointed the sword at InuYasha. “Prepare for your downfall Inuhidoi.”

“Sesshomaru what is Tensegia going to do?” the exterminator asked. He had no time to answer her question. He charged and swung with all his might at InuYasha’s chest. For a second nothing happened, then a blue liquid suddenly came out and InuYasha’s eyes went huge.

“Why you…”

Inuhidoi didn’t finish, his body slammed to the ground in one effortless collapse. His wings slumped to the ground, lying flat on the forest floor.

“What just happened…?” the houshi started.

“Tensegia cut the soul of the being not of this world.” Sesshomaru plainly put.

InuYasha moaned and slowly sat up. His wings remained on the ground, sagging like useless flesh.

“Sesshomaru?”

Sesshomaru felt the tension go away from all the humans around him. It was InuYasha’s voice, he was back in control.

Sesshomaru was not that relaxed, he pointed his Tensegia into InuYasha’s face. “Is that you otouto?”

“No, I’m no one just kill me. Please.”

“InuYasha…?” the miko mumbled. She rose from Kouga’s arms and ran as fast as her injuries would allow her and collapsed on InuYasha’s body. “Oh InuYasha you’re…”

“Don’t touch me Kagome! Get away!”

InuYasha backed away trying to disappear again, but the houshi stepped in front of him, blocking his escape.

“InuYasha please we can help…” Miroku started.

“No! You know what Inuhidoi, what I did to her! I don’t want…”

“That’s enough InuYasha.” Sesshomaru growled. He swung his fist and connected with InuYasha’s head. To his surprise his otouto didn’t even flinch.

“You can’t do that to me anymore.”

“InuYasha its okay, Sango helped my wounds it’s not your fault. Please listen to me.” The miko begged the crumbled spirited hanyou.

“No, I did it and I won’t let it happen again!”

“InuYasha we all know you, you did not do that.” Sango said.

“InuYasha-sama, where is Tessaiga?” Myoga asked.

“It’s…”

InuYasha leaned on the tree for support, hiding his lower body in the bushes. He shook his head and his eyes looked at Rin.

“It’s were I found Rin.”

Sesshomaru looked at the girl. She had been looking at InuYasha with feelings of confusion and fear. Suddenly InuYasha snapped up and grabbed the tree sinking his claws into the bark. Sesshomaru knew Inuhidoi was fighting for control again.

“Otouto!” Sesshomaru ran readying the Tensegia when the InuYasha’s claws shot out snagging his neck.

“This is the end of the line, for all of you. You will die and InuYasha will break.”

What happened next made Sesshomaru drop his Tensegia, in a mix of horror and disbelief.

InuYasha began to grow his wings reaching larger proportions, his teeth suddenly poking from his mouth, his skin suddenly turning into black scales, and his face began to stretch forward.

“WHAT IN HELL!?” the wolf yelped.

The next thing they all were staring at was a huge black dragon with huge wings curled at its side. The miko screamed. The exterminator jumped on her youkai cat grabbing the fox youkai and the houshi shoving them onto the youkai cat’s back. Ah-Un with Jaken and Rin rose into the air flying in the opposite direction. The wolf and his pack grabbed the miko and ran.

Sesshomaru stood there, what had his otouto become? This dragon was bigger then his true form easily twice as big. Even his otou was smaller then the mass that stood before him.

“DIE.”

Sesshomaru felt fear bleed all over his body. His instincts kicked in, for the first time in his life he ran, ran from an enemy he was suddenly no match for.

The others were in the air and the ground, running, fleeing, just trying to get away. The red light blinded Sesshomaru, the ball emitting itself out of the mouth of the dragon. Sesshomaru knew, he sheathed Tensegia and flew as fast as he could toward Rin.

Sesshomaru felt the youki fast approaching from behind just as he wrapped a protective arm around the young girl. The youki blew into all of them exploding the ground and the sky turned red. Screams of pain embed the air, as the youki filled everyone’s vision. Then Sesshomaru’s world went black.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment