Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 27 - Pain

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 27 - Pain

Chapter 27 - Pain
Rin felt her breath come out in wheezes. Something heavy was on her and yet she could not move her body from whatever it was. She gasped for breath, as every breath came struggling out of her tiny body.

“Ohhh…”

Rin blinked several time, her vision was blurry. Where were Sesshomaru-sama, Jaken-sama, and Kagome-sama? Rin whimpered. He body stung all over and her right leg had gone numb.

Rin began to claw at the ground when she felt part of what was on her move. The arm pulled her in closer and Rin knew. Sesshomaru-sama was on her.

“Sesshomaru-sama…? I can’t…breath.” Rin moaned.

Sesshomaru made no attempt to get off her, that’s when realized something was wet underneath her. Red blood, it was not hers it was her Lord’s.

“Sesshomaru-sama!” Rin screamed.

Moving her tiny body she scratched her arm against his armor as she finally caught her breath as she pulled herself from underneath him. Rin collapsed on the ground, coughing. Her Lord’s eyes were fully red, his mouth open exposing his teeth, but his eyes were glassy. They were so far away.

“Sesshomaru-sama! Sesshomaru-sama…” Rin fell in a fit of tears on the Youkai Lord’s armor. “No don’t die.”

Rin herd movement and whimpered. She felt someone stir nearby but the dust that surrounded her was too thick to see who it exactly it was.

“HOUSHI!”

Rin heard Sango-sama’s voice ring through the air. Apparently Sesshomaru-sama was not the only one hurt. Rin moved her small hand over Sesshomaru’s forehead, tracing the crescent blue moon that was now soaked in blood. Rin had not been hurt enough to be unable to physically move, but the injures that her Lord had sacrificed to protect her life brought Rin into despair.

“Sesshomaru-sama…please.”

“Rin…?”

Sango’s voice filled the air once more as the exterminator form began to come into view. She was cradling the houshi in hr arms, blood dripping down her forehead. Kirara lay next to her foot, liking her wounds and mewed in pain.

The houshi seemed all but well. His arm looked bent out of shape, his staff splintered and the beads around his kazaana had slid off, making it hiss when a small amount of air whipped into his hand.

Sango moved the beads back onto the kazaana, silencing it. Rin shivered, when she felt another moan off to her right. It was Jaken.

“Jaken-sama! Sesshomaru-sama is…”

“What…was that?” the toad youkai mumbled to himself. He steadied his staff to hold his weight up, but instead he came crashing back towards the ground, moaning in pain.

“…Rin?”

Rin snapped around to be looking back into Sesshomaru-sama’s golden eyes. He tried to sit up but lost his balance on just one arm and fell back on the ground. He hissed in anger.

“I will not…give in to this…” Sesshomaru never finished. He closed his eyes taking in deep breaths.

“Ohhh…what has he done?” Myoga moaned. The flea had been on Rin’s shoulder the whole time and she had not noticed.

“What has ‘he’ done?” Rin asked the flea.

“Oh, Inuhidoi, that was his…true form.”

“His…what?” Sesshomaru growled.

“Houshi…I oh!” the exterminator gripped her arm and fell. The youkai cat got up and rubbed on her side, but Sango winched her eyes closed trying to ignore the pain that was shooting up her arm.

“Rin…stay here.” Sesshomaru said. He slowly sat up, Rin wanted to help, but she best thought her Lord would deny her assistance. She was not strong enough to hold his weight anyway.

“Sesshomaru-sama…?” Rin whispered.

The Youkai Lord suddenly gripped his chest and closed his eyes, taking deep breaths to exhale the pain out. Rin wanted him to be alright, she had never pictured her Lord to be in this state.

“Where are Kagome-sama and Kouga-sama and his pack?” Myoga asked.

“Damn.” Sesshomaru hissed.

Rin felt her ears feel like they had just been burned. Her Lord had never cursed in that sort of fashion before. Only InuYasha-sama did that.

Suddenly Rin felt something move ahead of them. Sesshomaru growled he must have known who it was, since his nose was so powerful.

“Ah-Un take Rin and get her…out of here.” The Youkai Lord growled. The two headed dragon looked just as battered as the rest of them, but managed to come closer to Rin so she could climb on his back.

“Rin…are you alright?” Kagome cam into view crawling on her hands. Her bow had broken and more blood dripped off her arm. Kouga was no where to be seen, but Ginta and Hakkaku were off to the right hiding behind some trees.

“Kagome…let me help.” The fox youkai came up, hoping on one leg and transformed into a pink ball. Kagome, reluctant, got on top of Shippo holding her leg in pain. The wound she had received form InuYasha earlier had been opened again.

“Rin.”

Rin looked at her Lord. She was glad to see him on his feet, but the injures had not gone away. His breathing came out in hisses and gasps. Jaken was on his tail, gasping for breath. Rin saw a long cut go down the servant’s arm spewing mass amounts of blood.

“Yes Sesshomaru-sama?” Rin asked her Lord.

“Do not lose this.” Her Lord suddenly gave her his sword. Tensegia.

“Sesshomaru-sama, you need this!” the girl wailed at her Lord.

“Go…now.” his voice was harsh and gave her no answer. Rin held Tensegia, he had used it and it worked. Why was he giving it to her? She couldn’t wield it.

“Sesshomaru-sama…why give Tensegia to Rin?” Myoga asked.

“I need…Tessaiga.” Was all he said and began to fly into the air. His movements were slow while flying with so many injures.

Rin watched him go until he disappeared into the morning air. The sun was rising, and now Rin could see the damage of what had happened.

The land was black, nothing living stood for about a mile. Rin finally could see everyone; Kouga was far away, though he was sitting up. He got to his feet, hoping on one leg to Kagome but only to find himself collapsing a few feet away from her.

“Kouga…?” Kagome whispered. She managed to get over to him and tried to sooth him.

“Kagome, InuYasha is…” Kouga started.

“Kouga, you said his name.” Kagome said.

“I don’t hate him for what he did to you.” Kouga said. “It was not his fault, it’s this damn Inuhidoi. He’s the one who hurt you, and is hurting InuYasha as well.”

“Kouga…” the miko fell into tears and hugged the wolf. He wrapped his arms around her and rocked her gently.

“I know Kagome, we’ll help InuYasha.” Kouga whispered in her ear. “Ginta, Hakkaku get out here and help me!” The two wolves came limping over and helped both Kouga and Kagome to their feet.

Rin gripped Tensegia and Ah-Un’s reins tightly. Jaken had gone with her Lord, clinging to his tail as they both had soared away. Maybe, she thought, Sesshomaru-sama did not want InuYasha-sama to get a hold of his sword.

“Kirara, please…I need you to carry houshi.” The exterminator told the youkai cat. Kirara mewed in protest because of her injures, but complied for the love of her owner.

Kirara transformed and Sango placed Miroku on her back, rubbing his head. “Please houshi, I know you’ll be alright.” Sango whispered to him. She leaned in and kissed him lightly on his forehead before climbing onto Kirara’s back herself.

Rin looked at the flea on her shoulder. “Myoga-sama? What happened to InuYasha-sama?”

“Well Rin-sama, it may be hard to explain.” The flea mumbled. “But, what you saw was not InuYasha-sama that was Inuhidoi’s true form.”

“Like when Sesshomaru-sama turns into a large dog?” Rin asked.

“Exactly, even though he is half-Inu youkai, his true form takes more of a Kami then an Inu-youkai.” Myoga answered him.

“Does it hurt?” Rin asked.

“I wouldn’t know unless I asked InuYasha-sama.” Myoga said.

Rin went silent. She really didn’t see the dragon well, but she had heard it. She shivered and looked at the old flea again.

“Why is Sesshomaru-sama going to get InuYasha-sama’s sword when he has this one he gave to me?” Rin asked.

“Tensegia, I didn’t know it would work, but the only way to kill Inuhidoi is with Tessaiga, the Inu Soul.” Myoga answered.

“Oh.” Most of the tings Myoga told her went in one ear and out the other. But she got the jest of it; her Lord went for the stronger sword.

“We must go find InuYasha’s onii.” Kouga said. He had come up, limping on one foot holding Kagome in his arms. “He may be injured like the rest of us, but for some reason he heals faster too.”

“What about InuYasha?” Sango asked. Kirara was flying above them with her and a unconscious Miroku on her back. Shippo had found a nice place seated behind Sango.

Ginta and Hakkaku were holding Kouga by his shoulders so he wouldn’t fall since his ankle was shattered.

“You heal fast to Kouga, since the Shikon no Tama shards in your legs.” Kagome said.

“Well they aren’t helping for some reason.” Kouga growled.

“We have to go find InuYasha.” Sango said. “I know what he was then but that mean Inuhidoi used an enormous amount of power leaving InuYasha back in control.”

“Sango-sama is right we should all go find InuYasha-sama. Sesshomaru-sama will find us with his nose, and he will have Tessaiga with him.” Myoga reassured everyone.

“Then…let’s go.” Miroku’s voice moaned.

“Houshi!” Sango gasped.

“I’ll be okay Sango; I need some rest that is all.” Miroku reassured her.

“Then it’s settled, we go after InuYasha-sama and Sesshomaru will bring Tessaiga.” Myoga said. “It is the only way if we are to save InuYasha-sama’s soul.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment